Sturridge vs Welbeck

People say injuries killed Sturridge's career, Suarez leaving killed his career. Easy to look good when the opposition defence is focused elsewhere. I used to love playing against him, you always knew he'd ruin any Liverpool attack by trying to score himself.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I remember watching Sturridge at Old Trafford playing for Bolton and he stood out a mile. Said coming out the ground he would go on to be a star, which he never quite reached, but was decent for the scousers

Yagami

Good post resistant
This was an unpopular opinion at the time because everyone thought we were wasting Welbeck on the wings after signing van Persie, but I preferred him there.

Welbeck's biggest strengths were his workrate, dribbling, link-up play with 1-2s and being strong under pressure. We were always better when he came deep because of the aforementioned skills he brought to the table. He was probably our most press resistant player at the time along with Robin. His biggest weakness was his composure in the oppositions box, so play to his strengths.

I've been watching some older games. He had some fantastic understanding with Rooney especially. It's just a shame Rooney's physique fell off after the 11/12 season because Rooney with that agility would've been a menace alongside that van Persie, but I digress!

It's a shame because he's a local lad who came through the academy but I get the feeling he prefers Arsenal over us.