Television Succession

Loon

:lol:
I have an uncle who just happens to have turned 81 recently, who more or less looks like "Logan Roy". But I would have bet my life on the guy who is playing Connor not being a day over 55.
I still remember him as Cameron in FERRIS BUELLER

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Christ what a ridiculous episode and ending.

)_(

Spectacular episode, amazing acting. That final scene, Kieran Culkin and Sarah Snook *chef's kiss* and then TOM fcking WAMBSGANS and his Sporus. Wild. Loved the juxtaposition between the confession scene, with the three siblings and then the scene after Logan leaves. The one time that Roman actually takes a stand... should've stayed a coward. No matter how terrible they all are who can blame them with parents that horrible.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This would have been a decent ending of the entire show:

Connor is getting his pity marriage
The other siblings are sort of united and Logan has burst their bubble for good. Shiv can go back to being a political consultant, Kendall wanted out anyway and we already saw him work as a VC earlier, Roman can go back to being a full time perv.
Logan has accepted that his day has come.
Gerri has ended her "aunty-CEO" atiitude towards Roman.
Greg's corruption is kind of complete.
Tom has gotten his revenge for Shiv's emotional cruelty.

Actually it's not that easy to imagine where the plot will go from here on the corporate front, aside from some lazy "twist" that puts Logan back in control.

I also like the double bluff the writers did with Kendall between the end of the last episode and the beginning of the current.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought each individual episode this season was brilliant but somehow the season as a whole seemed to meander for a while. But a fantastic ending. I really hope they build on this plot now in Season 4 and don't go back to square one.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The last shot of the season. Tom with has hands on Shiv, looking down on her from above. Just brilliant. Feck why do we have to wait another year :lol:

Last edited:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

The other siblings are sort of united and Logan has burst their bubble for good. Shiv can go back to being a political consultant, Kendall wanted out anyway and we already saw him work as a VC earlier, Roman can go back to being a full time perv.

Actually it's not that easy to imagine where the plot will go from here on the corporate front, aside from some lazy "twist" that puts Logan back in control.

I also like the double bluff the writers did with Kendall between the end of the last episode and the beginning of the current.
Next season would either see the buyout fell through and Logan needing his kids back for control of the board. Or Lucas getting sidelined due to some scandal, opening the door for Logan to take back control who will then try to get his kids back in the fold. I am pretty sure it will involve Logan trying to get them back in due to one reason or another,

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just watched the end of season 2 - outstanding.

Had a feeling that was coming.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What an episode.

Season as a whole threatened to build into nothing but that was fecking great. Superb all round.

The Firestarter

The emotion in the last scenes, was acted brilliantly. A narcissist screwing his equally sociopathic and narcissistic children.

I fecking win.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
What an hour of TV. Incredible stuff. Easily the best show on TV right now for me. Actually can’t wait to give it about a month and binge it from season 1 again now.

edcunited1878

“I don’t mean to be insulting, but having been around a bit, my hunch is that you’re going to get fecked. Because I’ve seen you get fecked a lot, and I’ve never seen Logan get fecked once.”

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Just when you think it's found it's rhythm, does what it does.... it just finds a whole new level.

You look back at everything that's gone on in this season and you realise how it's all been building so subtly in the foreground.

This show is honestly perfection.

The scene with the three kids outside the wedding in the dust... just wow.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The whole cast has been excellent but special shout out to Jeremy Strong. He was absolutely specular in the finale.

Tyrion

The last shot of the season. Tom with has hands on Shiv, looking down on her from above. Just brilliant. Feck why do we have to wait another year :lol:
He must know that she knows? Why else would he be there if not to help with this? He can't think that she hasn't figured it out.

Next season would either see the buyout fell through and Logan needing his kids back for control of the board. Or Lucas getting sidelined due to some scandal, opening the door for Logan to take back control who will then try to get his kids back in the fold. I am pretty sure it will involve Logan trying to get them back in due to one reason or another,
True. Matson seems like a nutcase. He could easily fall apart.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He must know that she knows? Why else would he be there if not to help with this? He can't think that she hasn't figured it out.

True. Matson seems like a nutcase. He could easily fall apart.
We also know his dislike for Logan, despite the begrudging respect. He is super keen to dwarf him/Waystar.

Logan has already relied on his kids to save him this season, his health/blindsided nature prevented him from seeing this.

He will probably end up needing them to come through again next season, without his puppeteering.

The Firestarter

I agree, this is a fitting series finale. Emotionally I don't see how they top this ever. However, since this is American show, they will try to milk it for the last dollar.

Agent Red

Wow, what a finale. I had high hopes anyway as I just thought it was too good a show for all the build up to not be for a crescendo at the end. I know some didn’t like the slower pace before now, but I think it’s made it more realistic in the sense they’re all making moves all the time and yet at the same time, everyone is frozen in their relative role and never makes any real progress in their lives.

Hard to see where it goes next but these writers are excellent. Just annoying we’ll probably have to wait for ages for it.

Jacko21

So that’ll be why there were several different variations of the same promo poster…