Television Succession

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Character development not the strongest. Tom is great, probably the best one on the show.

FriedClams

I agree with you. Kendall might be somewhat better than his siblings, but they're all entirely unbelievable as top executives. But then again, they all are - Kerri, Karl, Frank, even Logan, none of them seem credible as top execs. Though it's not the point of the show - it's all done straight face in terms of production, the music is intense, but it's entirely offset by them being imbeciles and it's more akin to a sitcom than a drama.

I mean, the acting is good, but you should watch some other shows, like Mad Men, The Wire...
I watched them both, also amazing acting. Probably a lot of recency bias but I just think the characters and storylines they have to portray is way more difficult for an actor to make believable

nimic

something nice
Scout
I agree with you. Kendall might be somewhat better than his siblings, but they're all entirely unbelievable as top executives. But then again, they all are - Kerri, Karl, Frank, even Logan, none of them seem credible as top execs. Though it's not the point of the show - it's all done straight face in terms of production, the music is intense, but it's entirely offset by them being imbeciles and it's more akin to a sitcom than a drama.
I wouldn't say it's closer to a sitcom than a drama, but it's definitely supposed to be comedic. It almost reminds me of Veep a bit, except Veep is all comedy. The characters aren't supposed to be competent, selfless, nice. They're all pricks.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I wouldn't say it's closer to a sitcom than a drama, but it's definitely supposed to be comedic. It almost reminds me of Veep a bit, except Veep is all comedy. The characters aren't supposed to be competent, selfless, nice. They're all pricks.
I've rewatched a fair bit of Veep recently and Armstrong has 100% been influenced by Iannucci, but that was also no doubt the case even pre-Peep Show.

I'd love to see them work on a project together.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Character development not the strongest. Tom is great, probably the best one on the show.
That’s half the point. They’re all empty vessels to begin with. All we are learning is the depths of their depravity and craven need for love, while having none of the emotional tools to give or receive it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I dunno man. I’ve met oodles of Managing Partners, VP’s, Board Members and Directors at huge Global firms that weren’t worth a rub. Mostly all hugely talented for a period, but have been coasting for decades.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Doesn’t get said enough but the music on Succession is outstanding too. Nicholas Britell does an outstanding job.

slored1

This episode hits close to reality. Kids are all such fecking pricks and yet I can't stop watching.

)_(

At this point I actually want Roman to die, for them to sell Waystar and Ken fall back into his coke addiction and also implied to die. Shiv needs to get an abortion, she can get back into politics. Tom can go back to the midwest where he's from.

cyberman

Next week Promo is very Roman centric at the funeral. I’m guessing his fall is being set up or it’s his play of getting out on his own

mu4c_20le

The next time someone refuses my offer of coke, I'll ask them if they thought all Aztecs were stupid and not to be a racist little bitch.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Good episode but the writer/showrunner was clearly talking shit when he called it the most shocking episode of the season.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Good episode but the writer/showrunner was clearly talking shit when he called it the most shocking episode of the season.
If you go by Twitter reactions, it definitely hit differently for US liberal circles. So I can see why Armstrong himself thought of same. I doubt he thinks this is more shocking than Episode 3 but probably could not give that episode as an answer to avoid spoilers.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If you go by Twitter reactions, it definitely hit differently for US liberal circles. So I can see why Armstrong himself thought of same. I doubt he thinks this is more shocking than Episode 3 but probably could not give that episode as an answer to avoid spoilers.
Blergh, no thanks. They're saying "Can you believe, it, look at this evil cnut taking the reigns". Yeah, we saw it happen in real life. You saw it happen in real life.

Also, even if it backfired spectacularly on Shiv but it was still satisfying to see someone just outright threaten that worm, Greg, when he tried to do his usual "But...uh....uh....What's in it for me?" shtick.

Jev

I don't get why the writers would think we'd give a damn who wins the presidency? We barely know any of the candidates outside of superficial descriptions, it's been a peripheral plot point at the most and the whole show exists in a privileged bubble unaffected by whoever's in the Oval Office.

FriedClams

What the feck happened to the Pearce deal? And the actress who played Roman’s GF that was on team pierce?

binary bot
Such a weird show. I don’t know how they end it in a way that I’ll care. Maybe if Journey starts playing and Greg is struggling to park his car or something

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't get why the writers would think we'd give a damn who wins the presidency? We barely know any of the candidates outside of superficial descriptions, it's been a peripheral plot point at the most and the whole show exists in a privileged bubble unaffected by whoever's in the Oval Office.
It wasn't really about who won. In any case it's the 4th highest rated episode on IMDB, so people clearly did care about something in it.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I don't see how they finish this in only two more episodes

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't see how they finish this in only two more episodes

Surely next episode has to be the fireworks and implosion and then the final episode dealing with the aftermath and closing off threads

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Surely next episode has to be the fireworks and implosion and then the final episode dealing with the aftermath and closing off threads
I suppose that would work if something major happens with the deal in the next episode, I feel like that needs to be resolved before the finale

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
God they’re all such scumbags aren’t they :lol:
Kendall’s entire body contouring as he thinks of the world he’s about to carve out for his daughter and then he goes ahead and does it to feck over his sister.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Great episode. Roman was particularly cnuty tonight. This was basically season 1 Roman.

Mencken is a terrifying president.