[Suggestion] Remove polls from regular users

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
It's not the fact that they detract from discussion, it's more the fact that people are just seemingly making threads which are eerily similar to others solely for the purpose of having a slightly different poll. Or creating a thread just for the purpose of a poll. It's a bit tedious, and it's clogged up the Manchester United section a little. In almost every thread on the first page, the same discussions are being made, just simply in different threads with slightly different polls.
We have had this option to make polls since the switch to XenForo and it has been fine its only the last few days its gone nuts give it few days when the dust has settled and it will be back to normal.

Big news will always mean lots of similar threads, it will happen again when the new manager is named.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We have had this option to make polls since the switch to XenForo and it has been fine its only the last few days its gone nuts give it few days when the dust has settled and it will be back to normal.

Big news will always mean lots of similar threads, it will happen again when the new manager is named.
Aye, I guess it's been fairly quiet before the big news, but could the sudden influx not influence everyone to continue making them? I'm fairly indifferent to polls, and I can see both sides of the argument, but for the time being it does seem a little over the top. Maybe we'll just have to wait it out.

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
Maybe put a little note like the Rules to remember message somewhere near the add poll option.

LR7

The sheer volume of polls and the creation of new threads on every little topic has gone so far over the top it's ridiculous.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
Rules to remember: no adult images or videos; mind your language; criticise the post not the poster; remain respectful to other posters; stop posting feckin polls;

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
We can.

Polls are a controversial issue at the moment, but general consensus with modmins and scouts is that it's gone overboard (particularly in newbies).

Cina's been driven so crazy by the overuse of poll threads that he's now taking it out on the Polish @Maciek @Kostur

I still don't know what worries me more, Cina's clear desire to annexe Poland or the fact that the poll figures add up to 109.2%

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Polls are good in moderation, but they've gone out of control lately. Stop them for a while, apart from mods and a few posters of the mods choice.
Introduce them again slowly and remove again if it goes mental.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
Any time a user tries to post a poll, it should go to a vote as to whether or not that topic deserves a poll and should be posted.

Raul Madrid

Any time a user tries to post a poll, it should go to a vote as to whether or not that topic deserves a poll and should be posted.
Hmmmm, I don't know if I like that idea. We should have a vote on whether to implement it or not

Crackers

greasy ginfers
A mod could be able to veto it first. @Damien, could that work for football ones? Or even allow mods, scouts plus 4/5 good active posters to make a decision first? Ie "grant them the poll/ refuse it".

Tarrou

I like the polls and I think we should all be able to make them. Some people just need to stop creating one for every single thought in their head. Then, when they do make one, give clear and concise options.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is just euphoria with everyone being able to create one, give it a few months and they'll going to be bored with it.

On the side note, poll sometimes amazed me, specially when I thought that the majority of the caf is agreeing on something only to be shown how wrong I am by the poll