Television Suits

wr8_utd

:'(
I think it's time this show deserves it's own thread.

IMDB
On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college-dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City's best lawyers.
I'd heard a lot about before it started and it's lived up to those early reviews. It just gets better with each episode. It's a 9.0 on IMDB and quite easily the best new show of the past year or so and this summer. It continues to get great reviews.

Does anyone here watch it?

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Yeah it's good fun

Heffo

Was looking for a new show to watch just after the pilot for this aired so I said I'd give it a watch. Has been really enjoyable so far and I would agree its consistently getting better.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
It started out well and has just gotten better and better.

Watched all the episodes so far in a single sitting on wednesday, and still couldn't wait for the next one.

rotherham_red

It started out well and has just gotten better and better.

Watched all the episodes so far in a single sitting on wednesday, and still couldn't wait for the next one.
Exactly, the last episode especially left wanting more...

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just caught this last week and I'm hooked! Caught up to the latest episode and can I just say I'm glad they got renewed for a second season.

twitter thread suggester
Just finished watching all the episodes due to this thread. Very good show. Has a Boston Legal kind of feel to it

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Just finished watching all the episodes due to this thread. Very good show. Has a Boston Legal kind of feel to it
Yes Harvey Spector is obviously based on Alan Shore. Fortunately a spastic Bill Shatner isn't around to ruin things. Actually Suits is one of few shows that lack a character that annoys me, that is if the Trevor guy is gone for good. Meghan Markle:drool:

twitter thread suggester
The women in the show are all amazing.

Meghan Markle, the secretary, he lawyer from London, the idiot friend's ex-girlfriend, the crazy hacker girl etc.

Brophs

The One and Only
The women in the show are all amazing.

Meghan Markle, the secretary, he lawyer from London, the idiot friend's ex-girlfriend, the crazy hacker girl etc.
The old woman who makes the dolls? No?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Really good show, watched it because of this thread.

Cina

Really good show, watched it because of this thread.
Same as, really enjoying it so far. Light hearted, likable characters, hot women and witty dialogue. Perfect type of show to pass time with.

Donut

This show kinda reminds me of House. There's a new case in every episode, we have this unbeatable genius (two in Suits) and witty dialogue (House is way ahead here though).

I quite like it, but there's something cheap about it I can't explain :houllier:

Cina

House has gotten poor though, and Harvey is a great character, and Mike isn't an annoying, whiney sidekick either, a rare thing nowadays.

I'd have it behind GoT (obviously) as my favorite new show of the last year. I guess that doesn't say much as American TV has been rubbish lately.

IrishLegend

The good news is that they picked it up for a second season and have ordered a longer season (16eps or 18eps I think).

I think like others have said the dialog is the main strength of the show. It's witty without being unrealistic and still staying fairly serious.

Plus it has muchos eye candy.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
It reminds me more of Boston Legal aimed at a younger audience than a House type of show. But witty shows with hotties is usually a winning combo at least in the short term.

IrishLegend

It reminds me more of Boston Legal aimed at a younger audience than a House type of show. But witty shows with hotties is usually a winning combo at least in the short term.
Don't really get that comparison.

Boston Legal was a legal comedy with bizarre cases, odd characters and strange dialog. fecking Brilliant Program but nothing like Suits.

wr8_utd

This Friday is the finale. Dam I'll miss this show till next season :(

Cina

Second series starts tonight in the US :D

Should keep me going for the Summer along with BB and True Blood

wr8_utd

This was the best new series last year imo. Can't wait for the season premiere tonight

nimic

something nice
Scout
I might have to read on wikipedia, I can't remember anything that happened last season. Except there was this guy, and then there's this woman who is important, and then stuff happens.