Summarize the summer

Sam

Batshit mental.

I think that sums it up quite well.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
A Circus and the dawn of a new era that will see United become labelled an imitation of Real Madrid's Galacticos. Until we regain back our glorious identity when Januzaj and Wilson becomes first team regulars.

RedorDead21

A Circus and the dawn of a new era that will see United become labelled an imitation of Real Madrid's Galacticos. Until we regain back our glorious identity when Januzaj and Wilson becomes first team regulars.
I mentioned it afew weeks ago but United becoming Galactico's is probably the most viable move for a club looking for commercial success as we are around the world. In that its the only neat fit for this juggernaut. We appear to be going
down that route it must be said when many suggested LVG would really do the opposite and implement a world class youth
policy. So far nothing could be further from the truth in our direction......

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
In summary...excellent, almost perfect.

Post SAF starts here after the Moyes debacle. Ground zero reached and rebuild commenced. Champions next season. Rivals blown out of the water. James Wilson bags a last minute winner in the CL Final. Against City.

NJM78

Very good overall. Crazy last week.

Herrera will be a top midfielder for us and Shaw has great promise, just a shame both injured straight away.
Blind signing so late proves he was a back up to other targets, otherwise we could have got him a lot earlier and had him settled in by now. Rojo is another back up especially after trying for Vermaelen first. Whole work permit issue is a pain in the ass though. Has looked very decent for Argentina.
Di Maria and Falcao are world class so a massive statement of intent from the club. Real swagger back in the first team now.
Hopefully in January or next summer we will sign a proven top class CB and another midfielder. Then I think we are ready to compete again for the title and hopefully the CL.

As for major departures I'm personally happy to see Nani, Hernandez, Welbeck and Cleverley all leave the club.

Really looking forward to all of them being fit and seeing what this team can really do after the slow start.

Moriarty

In summary...excellent, almost perfect.

Post SAF starts here after the Moyes debacle. Ground zero reached and rebuild commenced. Champions next season. Rivals blown out of the water. James Wilson bags a last minute winner in the CL Final. Against City.
Now that's just utter bollocks. City won't get anywhere near the CL final. ;)

red_7

far more spend than expected and got some great player. Our offensive line up seems top again. Defensively we are 2-3 players awayfrom that. Selling Welbeck will haunt us.

RedorDead21

far more spend than expected and got some great player. Our offensive line up seems top again. Defensively we are 2-3 players awayfrom that. Selling Welbeck will haunt us.
His Ceiling is levels below what we have now so thats practically impossible for it to haunt us. Say he turns out like Sturridge...he'd still not get past RVP, Rooney of Falcao!

red_7

His Ceiling is levels below what we have now so thats practically impossible for it to haunt us. Say he turns out like Sturridge...he'd still not get past RVP, Rooney of Falcao!
Welbz is much younger than all of them. RVP is already fading. He has the pace those 3 are missing. I hate seeing him in an Arsenal shirt.

Gannicus

Outrageous (meaning great!) work by club management this summer.

Not gutted by the sale of Welbeck. Gutted, however, we couldn't offload Fellaini and Ando.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Gotta say it was a bit cold for a summer. Only few weeks of hot temperature... Other than that I can't bitch about anything.

Woodward finally found Gill's keys to the warchest and club appointed by a mile the best manager on the bloody World Cup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brought in the best manager we could, probably the ideal left back for the next 10-15 years and one of the top 5 players in the world to play on the wing or in midfield. Got rid of 1 striker who just had to go, and 1 who would never fulfill his potential here and generally never do much, and brought in the player who a year ago was the best striker in the world.

Balanced the squad a lot more, got rid of a bunch who were never going to make it here for one reason or another, and genuinely moved on to a new era pretty much.

Basically the only negative was that we sold Welbeck to Arsenal, and not to Everton or someone like them. If he went to spurs or Everton I don't think many people would have complained, it's just that it was to arsenal that the problem was.

Sauxees Moi Hui

Went into the summer needing a world-class midfielder and a world-class center-back; exited the summer needing a world-class midfielder and a world-class center-back. Hmm.

We do have about a million great attacking players, though.

RedorDead21

Went into the summer needing a world-class midfielder and a world-class center-back; exited the summer needing a world-class midfielder and a world-class center-back. Hmm.

We do have about a million great attacking players, though.
Herrera and Blind combined can be world class.......and with Di Maria surely thats a 3 if we choose to play it who are every but as good as our PL competition. We have Jones who Fergie thought could be a great and I still see it.

RedorDead21

Brought in the best manager we could, probably the ideal left back for the next 10-15 years and one of the top 5 players in the world to play on the wing or in midfield. Got rid of 1 striker who just had to go, and 1 who would never fulfill his potential here and generally never do much, and brought in the player who a year ago was the best striker in the world.

Balanced the squad a lot more, got rid of a bunch who were never going to make it here for one reason or another, and genuinely moved on to a new era pretty much.

Basically the only negative was that we sold Welbeck to Arsenal, and not to Everton or someone like them. If he went to spurs or Everton I don't think many people would have complained, it's just that it was to arsenal that the problem was.
Agreed surely Welbeck, Clevs and cash would have been a very bright move to get Coleman from Everton. He's going to cost the guts of 30m next summer and perhaps more.....

ghagua

We had a very good summer, bit gutted about Kagawa leaving. Blind will prove a lot of people wrong, and will become an important player for the team. We now have arguably the best attacking talents in the league, if LvG continues to play that shite 5-2-1-2, i would be absolutely pissed.