• Wilfred Zaha

• Douglas Costa

• David Neres

• Suso

• Hirving Lozano

• Steven Bergwijn

Results are only viewable after voting.

scots devil

Think we need 2. martial, is predictable and inconsistent, there are far better wingers than him out there, but we will need more than one window to sort it all out. Ole must be backed this summer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Isn't he more of a 10 that plays out wide and drifts in anyway? Always seems like that to me. Plus I think I read Bayern were interested, so even if we wanted him, not happening
Yeah, he is but he also takes players on from the right, he won't make pointless crosses. Makes more sense that a player like him gets a free role than Mata or Lingard.

In Rainbows

RW, LW, 2 midfielders, a RB and a CF. And if we get through all that, we still need a CB and an upgrade on De Gea. Absolute shambles.
We really don't need to do anything in the gk department. Even if I want de Gea to stay, supposing he does leave, we have Romero and Henderson as our 2 gks. That's 1 season trial before we're in need of a keeper.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, he is but he also takes players on from the right, he won't make pointless crosses. Makes more sense that a player like him gets a free role than Mata or Lingard.
Don't really disagree with you there! He reminds me of Mahrez a bit, though a bit less of a natural wide player. Loads of players would improve us on the right as I genuinely believe that whoever we play on the right is pretty much bottom half of the league level. Would prefer getting someone who just suits us and the way we want to play though. Sancho is still the dream.

AndyJ1985

I'd take any half decent right winger right now. Seriously I don't care. Just buy anyone so we never have to see Mata or Lingard ever again

Kaglish10

Sancho obviously but considering the fees he would command, I would rather go for Adam Ounas. They are only two players I would like here as our right winger.

deadrevelz

I'm worried that we buy some 2nd rate winger out of desperation, then we can't buy Sancho next summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has to be Sancho. Need as many players in the team who can keep the ball under pressure, not kick and rush. He is Hazard-lite.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I may not be in the majority here but I don't want us to get a right winger. We have no width. Watching our last few games have proved that. Martial is very inconsistent and so is Rashford.

Buying Sancho (who will cost a lot) or whoever doesn't mean Martial will start being consistent or that Rashford will start scoring lots of goals for fun. I think next season we should play the 4-2-2 diamond and get an RB that can attack and a CF that loves scoring goals rather than sees it as a task

Those two signings will probably cost as much if not less than getting Sancho who might not even leave

Walters_19_MuFc

With Sanchez and Mata possibly going, I reckon we will get Sancho/Pepe and Lozano/Bergwijn

Big signing and astute signing.

Sancho/Pepe
Martial
Lozano/Bergwijn
Lingard

AkaAkuma

Sancho is the stand out with rest young prospects who have no guarantee of working out, a lot are also more comfortable on the left.

I'd suggest Deulofeu as an alternative, he would fit the 'versatile forward' we're supposedly after.

Cheekiey

I'll throw another name into the mix, He's currently a converted striker was a right winger, can play across the front 3 and puts a hell of a shift in.

Inaki Williams of Athletic Bilbao. Currently on fire as a lone striker, draws alot of comparisons to Auba, yes he's that quick, strong and powerful. 12 goals 4 assists so far. Would work well in a counter attacking system as there is literally no catching him.

Fer

Douglas Costa is an interesting option. But as far as I remember he plapl more on the left.

Sancho as our main RW, with a player like Dybala/Felix would improve our team.

City have Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Silva, Aguero, Gabriel Jesús, Kevin De Bruyne and other creative players in their attack. That's why signing 2 attacking players could be possible.

Bestietom

Don't think we will get Sancho ( flogging another dead horse). We should go for Lozano who would prefer to play for us over other clubs.

ManchesterYoda

I would go for Pepe on the right and Sancho on the left. Would give us a new attack and one that is balanced.

Sancho - Lukaku - Pepe

Martial - Rashford - Chong

Greenwood back up for all 3 positions

I'd be happy with that (Edit: I'd be content with that)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Honestly I can't see Sancho moving this season and even if he did, there's too many roles we need to fill to actually afford spending 100m+ on 1 player. Thus I would let Sanchez go and sign two 40m rated wingers instead ie Lozano and Bergwijn. They are both excellent wingers, who are very versatile and they wouldn't mind a backup role. If Sancho does become available for lets say 80m then I wouldn't mind us selling Lukaku and Lingard to get him and Jovic. A forward line made up of Sancho on the Right, Martial on the left with Lozano & Bergwijn as cover does seems quite attractive.

I understand that bringing in 3 wingers might be overkill, however the situation we're currently in require a drastic move. United's flanks are shite. Martial is inconsistent, Sanchez & Mata are retired players in all but name and Lingard is a poor man's Quinton Fortune. In a team were the flanks had always been the rock of our success that's quite problematic.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sorry, Sancho retweeted it.
I am not surprised. I would retweet a praise coming on my side if it comes from the best defender of the previous era. Rio is for Sancho what Baresi was for my generation.

However that means little really. Rio has little to no connection to United anymore and I suspect that we'll be signing 6 players this summer. That means that the budget will spread too thin for us to go crazy on one signing

ManchesterYoda

Sancho is a winger, not a right winger. Similar to his almost namesake Sanchez, he can play both left and right.

Sancho
LW 55 games and 41 goals and assists
RW 32 games and 25 goals and assists

Sanchez
LW 157 games and 86 goals and assists
RW 151 games and 91 goals and assists

It hurts my brain than we never played Sanchez on the right, considering the fact that Martial and Rashford are both useless on the right.

If we signed Sancho and Pepe:

RW pecking order = Pepe - Sancho - Greenwood or Chong
LW pecking order = Sancho - Martial or Rashford - Greenwood

MadMike

This needs a "none of the above" option as much as it needs a "I don't want a RW"

laughtersassassin

I don't like 4-3-3. I don't feel that it suits our other players, apart from the fact we don't have a RW. I'd prefer a system that utilises wingbacks and has 2 CFs
Still need a rw. Can't have one formation

Also Luke Shaw isn't good enough going forward to be a wingback tbh.

Last edited:

MadMike

Still need a rw. Can't have one formation
Dalot, Lukaku, Rasfhord, Sanchez, Lingard... There's few players that can play on the right if/when it's needed. We don't need a proper RW unless we play a system where he starts most games. And I don't like that system.

I like the system Juve played last year with 2 wingbacks and 2 forwards.

croadyman

Douglas Costa is an interesting option. But as far as I remember he plapl more on the left.

Sancho as our main RW, with a player like Dybala/Felix would improve our team.

City have Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Silva, Aguero, Gabriel Jesús, Kevin De Bruyne and other creative players in their attack. That's why signing 2 attacking players could be possible.
Why has Costa fell out of favour at Juventus,can anyone shed some light on this for me

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Honestly at this point as long as they are a good quick winger with the right mentality I don’t care about the name or branding.

I doubt we’ll get Sancho so we need to bring in someone who is a natural RW with pace and of strong character

Kaglish10

My choice would still be Ounas. Maybe a loan with an option to sign. Sancho is too expensive for us to blow our budget on. I would rather we blow our budget on João Felix.