Summer Signings 2024

RedBanker

I love you Ole
So fellow Muppets, the question is simple. Whom do you see joining us during the summer transfer window? Also do you think we will do our business very late as usual or will there be a change for the better with new management and all that. You can name maximum 4 players (non-youth) cause I don't think we will buy more than that in a window. Start!!!!

Todd

I think most clubs will want to hold off on selling until after the Euros, unfortunately.

Arlo

I can see the club signing up at least one of the upcoming players in the league like Olise or Branthwaite. There'll probably also be one or two reasonably priced players from elsewhere that'll be considered underwhelming.

honirelandboy

Midfield is pretty short with Casemiro, Eriksen, Amrabat leaving. Need a world class defensive midfielder this summer and wouldn't be against taking Amrabat on loan again along with new signings. Martín Zubimendi is also a good realistic defensive midfield target. I'm not convinced of Everton's Onana but a 22 year old at the right price might be good.

Defence with Varane, Lindelof leaving possibly Tobido and need another full back like Arnau Martinez.

Lentwood

I can see the club signing up at least one of the upcoming players in the league like Olise or Branthwaite. There'll probably also be one or two reasonably priced players from elsewhere that'll be considered underwhelming.
I'd like to think that the INEOS era will see a shift away from waiting for talented players to join the likes of Palace, Everton etc...before we make our move.

I'd happily take either / both of those two players, but you'd be talking £120m...it seems too much. We need to start identifying these lads before they move. Waiting until the move to another PL club and seeing how they do is a less attractive strategy nowadays.

fps

I can see it now.

“Mount is like a new signing.”

Blood Mage

I hope we have a smart window rather than an expensive one. A few suggestions:

CB: Maxence Lacroix - Wolfsburg (40m release clause)
LB: David Raum - Leipzig (35-40m)
CM: Ederson - Atalanta (45-50m)
ST: Guirassy - Stuttgart (20m release clause)

seegoblu

Am I thinking about the budget correctly by assuming the departures of Varane (at £350k/week) and Martial (@ £250k/wk) will provide £30m in savings? Those savings can be spent on £100m in transfer fees (spread across 5 year contract(s) for £20m/year….and new player wages of £10m (weekly salaries of £200k/week)?

bosskeano

first two signings should be Leny Yoro and Frimpong....keep amrabat on loan for another season

kimmich is available with only one year left on his contract...see if he could be brought in to play alongside Mainoo. Then you focus on figuring out the attack because we have to bring in someone other than Olise.

Partridge

Euros will be a shop window. (Shudders when thinking about Karel Poborsky. I'm sure we bought him in the back of something like this). Then prices will go up and we will dive in. Maybe.

1976red

Todibo & Thuram - Nice
Fofana - Monaco
Ait-Nouri - Wolves

Modest transfer fees and wages, all add athleticism and power plus room for improvement.

Manchester United 24/5
Onana
Dalot - TODIBO - Martinez - AIT-NOURI
Mainoo - FOFANA - THURAM
Amad - Hojlund - Garnacho

Last edited:

Rojofiam

Seems to me that Olise, Branthwaite, Adarabioyo and Todibo are 4 players we have serious interest in

If the Muppetiers guy is to be believed, we also maintain a serious interest in Guirassy, Ait-Nouri, Kerkez, Joao Gomes, Hjulmand, and Youssouf Fofana besides the 4 I mentioned.

mintyred

So fellow Muppets, the question is simple. Whom do you see joining us during the summer transfer window? Also do you think we will do our business very late as usual or will there be a change for the better with new management and all that. You can name maximum 4 players (non-youth) cause I don't think we will buy more than that in a window. Start!!!!
I don't think anyone can answer this as we don't have the proper people in place at board level. We don't know who will be the manager and we don't know what direction Ineos want to take us.

Dannn411

Two central midfielders as composed and as good on the ball as Mainoo is the absolute tip top priority for me. Composure is absolutely everything at the top level. The final showed it once again and that is what we need to chase aggressively this summer.

After that, go and get CB replacements for Varane and Lindelof and then a right back to replace Wan Bissaka.

Next on the priority list is a goal getter.

But before all this, we need to sell loads and sell quickly. All that deadwood has to be cut away.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Maybe I’m wrong, but it feels like yesterday has changed the face of this summer window. After a poor season, we have beaten the cheats pretty decisively, where others failed, to win a trophy with our young players starring and we qualified for Europe.

It is a massive injection ahead of this and I can see other players wanting to be part of a new era now. It feels so much more exciting than it did on Friday evening.

Maluco

I also think Amrabat needs to stay. We need numbers in midfield and he has shown his worth being finally given a mini run in the team. He should get done quickly and is a great option to have for games like yesterday .

Valencia Shin Crosses

I also think Amrabat needs to stay. We need numbers in midfield and he has shown his worth being finally given a mini run in the team. He should get done quickly and is a great option to have for games like yesterday .
Completely disagree. He did a job yesterday without a doubt for that specific game state, but in general doesn’t have nearly the quality we should be striving for.

Giving every player that “does a job” a fresh contract to “have them in the squad” is how you end up complaining when we are hit with injuries and these players are forced into being starters just to be ran through. It’s the same concept as having McTominay be here for almost 7 years now even though it’s been obvious he’s not a good enough midfielder for what we should strive to be for 5 of those years.

There are a number of young players or shrewd signings you could make with that 15m other than just keeping the guy that we all know isn’t that good and can’t elevate a squad but does a job as a holding DM

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Euros will be a shop window. (Shudders when thinking about Karel Poborsky. I'm sure we bought him in the back of something like this). Then prices will go up and we will dive in. Maybe.
that chip against schmeichel though.

Maluco

Completely disagree. He did a job yesterday without a doubt for that specific game state, but in general doesn’t have nearly the quality we should be striving for.

Giving every player that “does a job” a fresh contract to “have them in the squad” is how you end up complaining when we are hit with injuries and these players are forced into being starters just to be ran through. It’s the same concept as having McTominay be here for almost 7 years now even though it’s been obvious he’s not a good enough midfielder for what we should strive to be for 5 of those years.

There are a number of young players or shrewd signings you could make with that 15m other than just keeping the guy that we all know isn’t that good and can’t elevate a squad but does a job as a holding DM
It’s not the same concept as having McTominey at all. He isn’t a midfielder and can’t contribute in that way. We have no numbers in midfield at all. He didn’t just do a job yesterday, he was arguably our best player in a massive game.

Signing a load of promising youngsters for 15 million is fifa talk. He is acclimatized to the squad and has shown that he can be an actual midfielder. We should sign him as a squad player and let McTominey go and then consider a starter to play alongside Mainoo.

He is easily a good enough option for a Europa league campaign, doesn’t need time to settle, has solid experience and proved yesterday he can compete physically with top level teams. It’s an easy decision.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hope it’s Olise. He’d be the one I sign first. Won’t cost an arm and a leg and has loads of talent.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ye he’d be a cheap option. If he’s used right then he’s a decent player. He needs to play as an holding midfielder and not roam forward. When we’re compact he’s good.

luke511

J. Neves (85 mil)
J. Branthwaite (65 mil)
A. Robinson (45 mil)
A. Gray (40 mil)
S. Guirassy (15 mil)
T. Adarabioyo (free)

Around 250 million. A lot of money but possible with the right outgoings. Sancho (40), Greenwood (40), Casemiro (30), McTominay (20), Wan Bissaka (15), Lindelof (10), Pellistri (5-8).

Last edited:

Redstain

Olise / Branthwaite / J.Neves

I only include Neves as a report came out that Benfica need to sell for their own financial fair play but he could be too expensive even with out-goings.

Maluco

Ye he’d be a cheap option. If he’s used right then he’s a decent player. He needs to play as an holding midfielder and not roam forward. When we’re compact he’s good.
I agree. There will always be moments for him and yesterday showed how he can set us up to counter teams and protect leads. He would be a valuable tool that is already part of the group and shouldn’t be too expensive given the original loan fee.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
J. Neves (85 mil)
J. Branthwaite (65 mil)
A. Robinson (45 mil)
A. Gray (40 mil)
S. Guirassy (15 mil)
T. Adarabioyo (free)

Around 250 million. A lot of money but possible with the right outgoings. Sancho (40), Greenwood (40), Casemiro (30), McTominay (20), Wan Bissaka (15), Lindelof (10), Pellistri (5-8).
Another true Muppet soul.

bosskeano

Two central midfielders as composed and as good on the ball as Mainoo is the absolute tip top priority for me. Composure is absolutely everything at the top level. The final showed it once again and that is what we need to chase aggressively this summer.

After that, go and get CB replacements for Varane and Lindelof and then a right back to replace Wan Bissaka.

Next on the priority list is a goal getter.

But before all this, we need to sell loads and sell quickly. All that deadwood has to be cut away.
definitely need a couple center mids but they need to be a bit more athletic than Mainoo...we are incredibly pedestrian in the middle of the pitch and that needs to be improved

Arlo

I'd like to think that the INEOS era will see a shift away from waiting for talented players to join the likes of Palace, Everton etc...before we make our move.

I'd happily take either / both of those two players, but you'd be talking £120m...it seems too much. We need to start identifying these lads before they move. Waiting until the move to another PL club and seeing how they do is a less attractive strategy nowadays.
It would be quite a chunk of money for them and I agree that we need to get better at identifying these players before they become important players at their clubs.
Hope it’s Olise. He’d be the one I sign first. Won’t cost an arm and a leg and has loads of talent.
If we do sign him I hope he won't have any significant fitness issues.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd be in favour of targeting Premier League proven younger players. We could also do with some smart free transfers. We also need to move on a few.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Do you all think that we will now get under the radar players from South America and such leagues instead of waiting for them to become 100 mil ones at other PL teams?

Todd

first two signings should be Leny Yoro and Frimpong....keep amrabat on loan for another season

kimmich is available with only one year left on his contract...see if he could be brought in to play alongside Mainoo. Then you focus on figuring out the attack because we have to bring in someone other than Olise.
I'd take Frimpong and Kimmich in a heartbeat but I doubt they're willing to give up Champions League football to come to United. Also, you're taking about probably 150 million on two players, at least. It'll be a miracle if we have a net spend that big this summer and if we do it'll be spread over 4 or 5 players.

hobbers

I'd be very surprised if we sign anyone before the euros are over. Hope we've finally figured out how to do more than 1 transfer deal at a time.