Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

in a world where a relegated epl side gets 100 million at least just from the league,this may become more common place where a club don't need to sell their players for sensible money

Stretch

Not sure if it was posted yet but Ounas has gone on a following spree of Utd players and followed the official Utd account on twitter and Instagram

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I've simply provided a reasonable answer to the question posed. Perhaps it's you who's being pompous in disliking the suggestion that top 4 is a more realistic ambition for United this coming season than winning the league.
That suggestion is perfectly reasonable on the face of it, though obviously it is also perfectly reasonable for us to target winning the league, as in fact it is for about 7 other clubs... look who won it last year. Spurs finishing 3rd doesn't suddenly put you a level above us.

Norris

Why are people getting annoyed about Wanyama? He's nowhere near good enough if we want to win the league. If Schneiderlin is average and not at the level, Wanyama certainly isn't.
Did someone actually get annoyed about us not signing him ? I thought people were just praising Spurs for a very smart deal done on the cheap.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
That suggestion is perfectly reasonable on the face of it, though obviously it is also perfectly reasonable for us to target winning the league, as in fact it is for about 7 other clubs... look who won it last year. Spurs finishing 3rd doesn't suddenly put you a level above us.
I haven't said that it does.

djdhrubs

Well, "always choke" is a not a solid predictor for the future. I'd tentatively say that Man. City and Arsenal are the clear favourites ... leaving Spurs, United, Liverpool and perhaps Chelski to compete for the 3rd and 4th places.

But I'll wait until the transfer window is nearly closed before making any firm predictions.
Incremental step by step progression is what I would expect Spurs to aim for. A Mourinho managed United with heavy financial backing in the transfer window should aim to challenge for the league next season. I don't think anyone is expecting the title, but to not aim for it, and instead to aim for a mere top 4 finish is a bit small time for United.

Reactions: Kag

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He'd be mental to go to either of them, unless he secretly hates playing football.
He spent about 2 years barely getting a few minutes in the first team at Spurs. We know his tolerance for barely making the bench is high, let alone the team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
City need their English quota.
Liverpool are just being Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.