Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Kicker||Draxler wants to leave and now sees his move to Wolfsburg as a major error. AFC and MUFC are interested.
Seems to turn it up in the bigger games but I don't know how good his base level is, really. Seems to have stagnated a lot since his breakout - bit like Gotze?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Kicker||Draxler wants to leave and now sees his move to Wolfsburg as a major error. AFC and MUFC are interested.
According to some German fans I know this is the consensus for a lot of Wolfburg's biggest players and many are looking to jump ship, is this true as I was under the impression they were a team on the up?

Saf94

According to some German fans I know this is the consensus for a lot of Wolfburg's biggest players and many are looking to jump ship, is this true as I was under the impression they were a team on the up?
I believe they have a terrible season where they finished midtable and didn't even qualify for Europa. Their champions league run may fool people into thinking they had a good season but they didn't

ravi2

:nervous:

U sound fairly confident, ravi!

If Jose gets the players he requires I am confident we will be either 1st or 2nd this year.
We will get our title back either this year or the next.... mark my words.

Baxter

Why are people getting annoyed about Wanyama? He's nowhere near good enough if we want to win the league. If Schneiderlin is average and not at the level, Wanyama certainly isn't.

BarstoolProphet

Maybe the VW scandal will hit the club hard financially.

bucky

Rodriguez wants to leave. Naldo has already left.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Why are people getting annoyed about Wanyama? He's nowhere near good enough if we want to win the league. If Schneiderlin is average and not at the level, Wanyama certainly isn't.
Perhaps because your first concern should be to finish in the top 4, never mind winning the league. So, given that Spurs are one of your rivals for top 4, the posters you refer to perhaps see Wanyama as a definite strengthening of the Spurs squad in that he provides improved cover/competition for Dier in the DM role ... and at a cheap price that will leave Spurs more free to spend money on making one or two other squad-improvements.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Perhaps because your first concern should be to finish in the top 4, never mind winning the league. So, given that Spurs are one of your rivals for top 4, the posters you refer to perhaps see Wanyama as a definite strengthening of the Spurs squad in that he provides improved cover/competition for Dier in the DM role ... and at a cheap price that will leave Spurs more free to spend money on making one or two other squad-improvements.
Please try to be more pompous next time if you can.

Baxter

This season, I'm almost certain that the objective will be to put in a challenge for the league. If Spurs are going to make signings like Wanyama then it isn't going to make that any more difficult for United to accomplish whatever the aims are. He's an average player who'll play the odd blinder. Definitely not a player who I'd want United going anywhere near.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Are you trawling every post looking for any slight against Spurs?

Saying Wanyama isn't great is hardly controversial ,especially when the same poster doesn't rate Schneiderlin who was Southampton's best player before he left.

Why a United fan saying that he thinks we will win the league riles you up is beyond me as you constantly do the same with Spurs to anyone that will listen.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Please try to be more pompous next time if you can.
I've simply provided a reasonable answer to the question posed. Perhaps it's you who's being pompous in disliking the suggestion that top 4 is a more realistic ambition for United this coming season than winning the league.

Devil may care

I've simply provided a reasonable answer to the question posed. Perhaps it's you whose being pompous in disliking the suggestion that top 4 is a more realistic ambition for United this coming season than winning the league.
So what's Spurs ambition this season?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
So what's Spurs ambition this season?
I'd say another top 4 finish and at least making it out of the CL group stage, all whilst again not spending much in net terms so as to facilitate the ongoing stadium construction costs.

Devil may care

I'd say another top 4 finish and at least making it out of the CL group stage, all whilst again not spending much in net terms so as to facilitate the ongoing stadium construction costs.
So if we shouldn't have ambitions for the title and you don't, we know Arsenal always choke and Chelsea finished lower than all of us, who should have title aspirations? Just Leicester and Man City?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
That's how we roll here, Bro. We are in the initial euphoria phase currently, just like we were in the early LVG days. Scout knows bests, Mourinho knows best, Woodie knows best, every 50m unknown player is cheap because that's how the market is these days, yada, yada, yada.. You have to sift through and ignore a whole lot of nonsense to keep your sanity.
I bow down to your 'insanity', mate. Spot on.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
So if we shouldn't have ambitions for the title and you don't, we know Arsenal always choke and Chelsea finished lower than all of us, who should have title aspirations? Just Leicester and Man City?
Well, "always choke" is a not a solid predictor for the future. I'd tentatively say that Man. City and Arsenal are the clear favourites ... leaving Spurs, United, Liverpool and perhaps Chelski to compete for the 3rd and 4th places.

But I'll wait until the transfer window is nearly closed before making any firm predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.