Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartialsBeard

Yeah, I think Raiola is trying to steer Pogba towards United now with the thought of Madrid move in 3-4 years. I think that would be easier to make happen than the other way around and if he can pull it off he puts a cool 15-20m in his pockets.
Can I just ask why you or anyone else thinks we would sell him on again, and at a profit too. I mean we are in a situation now where we can outspend Madrid significantly to land him this time if we are aggressive enough. They would have to pay an incredible amount to take him off our hands in 3 years time and say he improves and becomes the worlds best and weve paid 120m euro, they would easily have to go up to 200m it just doesnt add up really. If he comes, hes here for a long long time. Unless hes shit or forces his way out.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Apparently Batshuayi rejected Palace, I would prefer him than Ibrahimovic at United.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Can I just ask why you or anyone else thinks we would sell him on again, and at a profit too. I mean we are in a situation now where we can outspend Madrid significantly to land him this time if we are aggressive enough. They would have to pay an incredible amount to take him off our hands in 3 years time and say he improves and becomes the worlds best and weve paid 120m euro, they would easily have to go up to 200m it just doesnt add up really. If he comes, hes here for a long long time. Unless hes shit or forces his way out.
We wouldn't have to but it depends and I think most people legitimize it by saying that..yes it would be a lot of money, but potentially we could make back the money we should have got from Juventus (from Madrid).

NecssryEvil

Because there is a crap ton of money to be made? And he wasn't sold on, he left on a free which could be manipulated to happen again. Or, at least that threat could be made real enough that United could come to think we better get what we can now and not let that happen again. Don't underestimate the greed of an agent or their ability to manipulate situations to their benefit.

Von Mistelroum

Whole thing smells of trying to up the price/get Madrid to hurry up. I'm sure we're interested, I'm sure Pogba and his agent are telling us he's considering it, but I'm sure he's no intention of returning here when Madrid want him.

This will run and run until Madrid decide to make Bid and wrap the saga up overnight.

ravi2

Whole thing smells of trying to up the price/get Madrid to hurry up. I'm sure we're interested, I'm sure Pogba and his agent are telling us he's considering it, but I'm sure he's no intention of returning here when Madrid want him.

This will run and run until Madrid decide to make Bid and wrap the saga up overnight.

I feel the same, if Madrid make an offer that Juve find acceptable then Pogba is theirs.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That's not true, you have to take your words back now. Brendan is a Paparazzi delight.
Evidence below:

Hehe. He got his teeth done as a lot of ppl do but smth is very off about the guy. He's awkward.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Not sure about that.

'All' he has to do is take the rest of the Euros by storm and then Perez will be frothing at the mouth to sign him. If he doesn't do that, Madrid aren't particularly inclined to move for him and Peréz >>>>>>>>>>>> Zidane, no matter what Zidane does or does not want from the summer.

If he continues to have a mediocre tournament, he's left in a pickle because there's a massive wage increase and profile to be had by coming here, and he can't just sit around twiddling his thumbs perennially waiting on Madrid, who may well go for some other bright, young thing who has shone in the interim.

It's like a tricky game of poker for Pogba and his agent, and they probably don't want to come away from the table with nothing to show for it as Juve simply cannot match the wages he's getting thrown in his face this summer.

Pogba's predicament is tricky, and added to that, he hasn't got a problem with England, United or anything like that, so it's not a disaster for him to come here; ultimately, it's just a different path to the same eventual ends, which is probably how it's being pitched to him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think Madrid would have to make a big sale before even considering Pogba and even then, I'm not sure they are as tempting as United or Barcelona.

djdhrubs

I think Madrid would have to make a big sale before even considering Pogba and even then, I'm not sure they are as tempting as United or Barcelona.
Madrid will agree to sell us James in order to fund Pogba. We'll buy James and as soon as Madrid get on the blower to Juve to wrap up the Pogba signing, they'll find the line redirected to Big Dave, who will calmly coldly tell them "I'm sorry, you're too late, Pogba has just been sold to Manchester United" before he breaks into maniacal laughter.

The first we'll know about it is when James and Pogba are having their medicals at Carrington within minutes of each other.

:drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The pickle for Madrid with Pogba isn't just the transfer fee. The wage we are offering him would put him ahead of Ramos, Bale, Kroos and only behind Ronaldo. There's no way Real Madrid will pay Pogba more than Sergio Ramos.

zeekey

Madrid will agree to sell us James in order to fund Pogba. We'll buy James and as soon as Madrid get on the blower to Juve to wrap up the Pogba signing, they'll find the line redirected to Big Dave, who will calmly coldly tell them "I'm sorry, you're too late, Pogba has just been sold to Manchester United" before he breaks into maniacal laughter.

The first we'll know about it is when James and Pogba are having their medicals at Carrington within minutes of each other.

:drool:
Not enough tissue.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Leicester make approach for Aleix Vidal according to TalkSport
Makes sense, he's a versatile and very fast. Pretty much all you need to be a decent option for Leicester at the minute. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.