Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

It is 36 months or 3 seasons.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/quota_for_Premier_League.htm

Read the third paragraph.

However, I didn't know he joined in October. Don't know if that'll make it 3 full seasons.

Need help @khoazany @jb8521
As far as I know Pogba was a few months short of being homegrown but its hard to know since the wording of the rules says 36 months or 3 full seasons. I know we had to wait until October 2011 to register him on the Uefa b list so I presume he doesn't count as homegrown

gaz1185

It is 36 months or 3 seasons.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/quota_for_Premier_League.htm

Read the third paragraph.

However, I didn't know he joined in October. Don't know if that'll make it 3 full seasons.
It's an interesting one this, because even though FIFA "allowed" Pogba to be registered with United in October 2009, the statement released by both Le Havre & Manchester United after the settlement was agreed in June 2010 read:
Le Havre AC and Manchester United FC are pleased to announce that following discussions between the two clubs, an agreement has been reached in relation to the registration of Paul Pogba with Manchester United in July 2009.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He said he wanted to sign 4 players for key areas or whatever he called it. Then he would "breathe". Then players who leave will likely be replaced. Hope Bailly is ready but i'd probably like another central defender. Maybe a central mid as well. Want more!

Although, at the same time i want TFM, Pereira and maybe one of Tuanzebe and Williams to get chances. Meh, i trust Mourinho.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He said he wanted to sign 4 players for key areas or whatever he called it. Then he would "breathe". Then players who leave will likely be replaced. Hope Bailly is ready but i'd probably like another central defender. Maybe a central mid as well. Want more!

Although, at the same time i want TFM, Pereira and maybe one of Tuanzebe and Williams to get chances. Meh, i trust Mourinho.
If we spend £30m on a player who isn't ready then we might aswell stop whatever the feck we think we are doing. I know transfer fees are getting ridiculous these days but still £30m is not a small fee to pay for a player. It is the kind of money you spend for somebody that will belong to the first team and is ready for first team football. If he was Villareals best player and could be a pain in the but for the likes of Real Madrid and Barca, I don't really see why he wouldn't be ready to be one of our key players at the back.

Will most likely be Smalling, Bailly, Blind, Jones, Rojo for the central defender positions. Possibly one of Rojo/Jones could leave and we have some options with our academy players to fill in the gaps with McNair and Fosu-Mensah.

If the aim is to sign 4 key players then I think it will be 1 more midfielder for us, hopefully Pogba and together with Bailly, Ibra, Mkhitaryan that could be our summer.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
As far as I know Pogba was a few months short of being homegrown but its hard to know since the wording of the rules says 36 months or 3 full seasons. I know we had to wait until October 2011 to register him on the Uefa b list so I presume he doesn't count as homegrown
For Europe or for the PL too? Don't the homegrown rules in England differ slightly from the homegrown rules for European competitions?

It's an interesting one this, because even though FIFA "allowed" Pogba to be registered with United in October 2009, the statement released by both Le Havre & Manchester United after the settlement was agreed in June 2010 read:
Is it '09 or '10? It mentions 'June 2009' in the part you put in quotes.

Brophs

The One and Only

Mental. I'm not even sure he's good enough to be a starting PL footballer, much less cost £10m. One of those centre backs who doesn't appear to be very good at, or even interested in, defending.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He must obviously not have gotten the memo about the new giant stadium and megastore plus the NFL games. You should send him a memo @GlastonSpur
Yes but because of the new stadium, they can not afford to sign anyone, so Spurs really are the victims here… will be the excuse why they’ll not finish top 4 next season.

Nicklas

Great move for Nani, think he will do great in Spain! Are they gonna keep Pako as their manager or are they looking for somebody else?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He must obviously not have gotten the memo about the new giant stadium and megastore plus the NFL games. You should send him a memo @GlastonSpur
You should send @sport a memo saying how much you believe and swallow their every word.

And whilst you're busying tweeting on the subject of strikers and Tottenham, you might have better success contacting Vincent Janssen to say "Welcome to Spurs!"

Kostur

海尔的老板

Valencia sign Nani.
8.5 mln Euro is a nothing money, wondering if he didn't want to come to EPL. He'd do more than fine at some team that's either fighting to get into the top 6 or so. Everton, SOTON both could do with him. Instead of spending a nothing money on him or players like Glik, stupid bottom or midtable teams will spend fecking 30 mln quid plus on shite like Troy Deenay and take absolutely no advantage of the TV money.

Mighty EPL my ass.

Stretch

EDIT: In reply to question on who are favourites to land Pogba

He also says the following on Pogba:

The red panther

princess transfer emo
8.5 mln Euro is a nothing money, wondering if he didn't want to come to EPL. He'd do more than fine at some team that's either fighting to get into the top 6 or so. Everton, SOTON both could do with him. Instead of spending a nothing money on him or players like Glik, stupid bottom or midtable teams will spend fecking 30 mln quid plus on shite like Troy Deenay and take absolutely no advantage of the TV money.

Mighty EPL my ass.
We have not taken much advantage of our millions over the years either

Buy Di Maria £60m, sell him next summer for £45m

£15m down the drain, there are many clubs that work on a budget smaller than £15m to sign players.

We can really do with spending our money a little better, this can be said about the EPL in general, they are wasting tons of cash if you compare money to quality with other competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.