Sunday Supplement

cj_sparky

How sad, I was at a loss to understand why he was no longer presenting the Sunday Supplement. I always thought he was a good presenter and handled the show really well.

Didn't know he was battling bowl cancer.

RIP Wooly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How sad, I was at a loss to understand why he was no longer presenting the Sunday Supplement. I always thought he was a good presenter and handled the show really well.

Didn't know he was battling bowl cancer.

RIP Wooly.
Yeah he did seem like a genuinely decent guy. Didnt read his paper so can't comment on his writing but I felt he was a lot better handling stories on the Supplement than a lot of so-called experts and pundits. Shame.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Very sad news - I had no idea he had something this serious. On the show they'd never really explained his absence other than illness, but I seem to remember them passing on a message from him along the lines of him looking forward to returning to the show.

I liked him on there, echo the comments that it won't be the same without him :(

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
I'll be honest and say I never liked him and hated the show but nobody deserves to go early.

RIP

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Didn't like him as a presenter Tbh. But noone deserves to go this soon.

But I do believe he was ill and even had cancer a few years ago.

izzydiggler

A lot of his opinions were akin to the the 'Ingerland' pub fan but he is pretty much the only journalist who has ever actually responded to me on Twitter and had a debate (no i didn't just verbally abuse him). Perhaps not the greatest writer but not a 'the journalist is the story, head up his own arse' one that a lot of them are.

Seemed a decent man - shame.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He rejuvenated the show after Jimmy Chin's sharpness declined during his latter days of hosting. Held court well amongst some opinionated twats.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
How sad :(.

I know people will say there is already a thread, but I wouldn't have known who he was if not for this one.

RIP

Anyone watching this today? Shaun Custis vs Matt Dickenson re agents. :lol:

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Bob Cass melting on there atm. FFS, hand him a towel! :lol:

The Sneijder story :lol:
Cass' explanation was so funny. Even now, when the world knows who the 'well placed Manchester United source' was he won't say! :lol:

Listening to Cass' stories about going racing with Fergie and the signing of Cantona...great stuff. Best Sunday Supplement I've ever watched.

Castia

I love this show I don't think iv missed an episode in years. Perfect Sunday morning television.

I reckon Cass was quite hurt over that Sneijder thing. he had always been his buddy.
I tend to believe Cass that he didn't write in the name of his source and that his editor shafted him. When you think about how many decades he's been friends with Fergie it makes no sense that he would risk that for what, relatively speaking, was a tiny story.

What's been most interesting about this Sunday Supplement is the way Paddy Barclay has spoken about Sir Alex. Barclay has come across as extremely bitter since Sir Alex gave the thumbs down to the biography Barclay wrote of him yet today its all smiles, warmth and memories...

Man-United

Very good stuff from Barclay today.

I remember him wanting Fergie banned for 12 games after his comments from the Chelsea away game in 2011. And Rooney banned for 6 games for swearing.

Interesting insight into Becks' exit from Cass. Far more in line with Sir Bobby's point of view than Becks' version.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
No chance. He's a tosser - sly digs at United at every opportunity.

Man-United

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12382/6863635/From-bad-to-curse

That was on the Rooney thing from 2011. Clown Barclay.

""It is not often that Ferguson shares power. He did it with Eric Cantona and he's now done it with Rooney, so I think he is at the right place. I just wish he'd behave differently. In fact I wish the whole club would.

"I think they should have increased the ban to five or six [games]. Manchester United are talking absolute drivel, synchronised rubbish."

How can you think Barclay is pro United? Where have you got that from? :lol:

KingCantona87

I've never read any of his articles (until now). Whenever I've seen him in interviews on TV he seemed alright. He was on a Fergie documentary on ESPN a couple of years back too....

mufcwarm92

Paddy Barclay pro United :lol::lol:

Probably one of the biggest ABUs in British media. Some really awful stuff against Ferguson over the years too, which is why I'm surprised by the class he's shown today. Any chance for a dig at United/Ferguson though an he's right there.

mufcwarm92

Cass seems like a good laugh and looks like a man who likes his booze and likes his racing. No wonder he and Fergie are so close.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12382/6863635/From-bad-to-curse

That was on the Rooney thing from 2011. Clown Barclay.

""It is not often that Ferguson shares power. He did it with Eric Cantona and he's now done it with Rooney, so I think he is at the right place. I just wish he'd behave differently. In fact I wish the whole club would.

"I think they should have increased the ban to five or six [games]. Manchester United are talking absolute drivel, synchronised rubbish."

How can you think Barclay is pro United? Where have you got that from? :lol:
From bad to curse | Sky Sports | Video | Shows | Sunday Supplement

Video of that exchange, was great seeing Barclay be made to look a complete tool, even if it was by Ollie Holt.