g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sunday Times: Chelsea have been put up for sale

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
United should buy them up and use them as our academy.

Gasolin

United should buy them up and use them as our academy.
We already don't have enough to fund our first team, we don't have the luxury to spend 2B on them :lol::lol::lol:.
And we would never be allowed to own another team in the EPL.

devilish

Liverpool would be cheaper and closer. But scratch the academy part and demolish the club and stadium.
We move them to Old trafford and put Paul Scholes as their manager with Gary Neville as their second. The initial tune should be glory glory Man United.

devilish

We already don't have enough to fund our first team, we don't have the luxury to spend 2B on them :lol::lol::lol:.
And we would never be allowed to own another team in the EPL.
its meant as a joke mate.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Chelsea FC was Roman's turn towards legitimacy in the western countries. He spent billions funding the club, and took personal interest on the project. It was pretty clear when England refused to give him a visa, post the Skripal poisoning business, that he would lose interest.

I believe Chelsea FC should be fine. They have developed their infrastructure and fan-base over the last few years and that should be able to sustain them and keep them moderately competitive.

In the current scenario, I don't believe anybody except Man City can claim to be favorites so its won't be much of a loss either way.
What infrastructure are you thinking of? Their new stadium project has stalled.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Radcliffe should buy Oldham Athletic and take them to the Premier League. Give something back to the town where he's from instead of buying an established top European club from the richest area in the world.
Cant really tell someone what they should do with their money in your opinion.

Trizy

I suppose you don't look at it that way, more what you could sell it for in the future if profit is the aim of the game.
You'd imagine their sponsors alone are worth £800-1000m+ over X number years. (given that United's kit deals alone are worth £750m Adidas + £550m Chevy, + £15m AON/year, +£12m/year Kohel).

Their squad is probably worth minimum £450m and stadium including the hotel probably £400m (complete guess). Another £150m misc club things and there you have £2bn straight away.

99fan

As i recall Chelsa has 1 billion £in debt to Abramovic, any one will buy the club, will buy it with this huge debt. which may explain the low valution.

Trizy

He expects them to pay everything back?
Let's hope so and bankrupts them.

Although his £1bn is probably buried in the £2.5bn price considering he only bought the club for £150m.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yes, you dont think anyone just gives away a billion pounds do you?

His investments are loans to the Club, Chelsea are a billion pounds in debt.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yes, you dont think anyone just gives away a billion pounds do you?

His investments are loans to the Club, Chelsea are a billion pounds in debt.
Depends whether it's a play thing or a business opportunity. Or a laundering opportunity. Probably all of the above though.

99fan

Every penny he paid for the club was recorded and registered as interest free debt. He will want his money back for sure, after all he is bussiness man.
If its included in the valuation , i have no idea

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Every penny he paid for the club was recorded and registered as interest free debt. He will want his money back for sure, after all he is bussiness man.
If its included in the valuation , i have no idea
Has to be as nobody would pay back interest free debt.

Chipper

Adulterer.
The richest person in the UK is from Failsworth. I passed my driving test in Failsworth.
Spoony passed his driving test in Failsworth. I once stayed a schoolmates house who moved there, it stank as it was by a pig farm.

Spoony

The People's President
Spoony passed his driving test in Failsworth. I once stayed a schoolmates house who moved there, it stank as it was by a pig farm.

Which begs the question...why aren't we billionaires and all?? It doesn't make any sense.

Hughie77

What is the original full kit wanker, Michael Knighton, up to these days?
Remember him bloody he'll, didn't have a pot to piss in. Dreamer he was , there's another full kit wanker, John Slippy Terry, loved his full kit to pick his medal up not even playing , now there's a proper one. But has more money than Knighton

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Roman wont sell us. But as stated before, our next owner (if/when etc) would be one with the means to compete for the top players etc.
I think an arab billionaire will own us next, if not Roman

Gone are the days when Ken bought us for a quid. Great times, car park right behind one of the goals if i remember right.

stubie

Glazers can buy Chelsea with the money they make from United to the Saudi’s

United_We_Stand

Matt Lawton/Adam Crafton: "...There is understood to be interest in Chelsea from different parts of the world, with a bid from Saudi Arabia thought to be serious..."