Sunday Times: PM met Ed Woodward, 3 days before the Super League announcement and gave backing for the move

::sonny::

These are the shirts they prepared, new era with the Superleague logo. From 35€, now for sale at 2.29

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I cant say I care, or even that this matters.

We have the government review into football ownership, we have premier league teams seeking to rebalance power in the game away from the big 6, we have exposed FSG, the Glazers, Kroenke, Agnelli, Perez et al. For what they really are, the fan base has been stoked up out of the apathetic malaise we had slipped into, and we are rid of Woodward. It’s been a good week, all be it a bloody strange one.

The time for faux political outrage is if this review does not deliver.

Spoony

The People's President
My point is how would Boris know that enough to make a statement a few hours after a rumoured announcement? This is a battle between the top clubs and UEFA for who controls the money tree - whoever lobbies best with the biggest brown envelopes will win.

I'm not sure how long it takes to prepare a statement but if you're suggesting the government took a few million from UEFA...them why didn't Perez and his chums do the same??

wolvored

They all the same Labour Tory Politicians Businessmen and Football owners and directors. How much money can I get away with before anybody spots me. Then they are all against it and didnt want any part in it really...
I just hope this whisper of a British league is dropped just as quickly.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I'm not sure how long it takes to prepare a statement but if you're suggesting the government took a few million from UEFA...them why didn't Perez and his chums do the same??
It’s not the statement - it’s the decision! It takes 2 hours just to arrange a fecking meeting with these people normally. They were already prepared and had decided. And UEFA did do that with Perez...with the new CL format. It wasn’t enough! I don’t think they took a few million. I think they were made aware by the FA that this was likely not to happen, it could damage EPL brand and the fan backlash would be huge. And looking like the saviours of European football will be very beneficial when the next world cup voting comes around. Ultimately they were lobbied more successfully by another group.

stw2022

Woodward is just bad at his job. Johnson is legitimately a shitty human

pass.pass.pass

These are the shirts they prepared, new era with the Superleague logo. From 35€, now for sale at 2.29
Are these for real? Red and yellow for United?!

Seems as bland and lacking in character as the tw*ts who came with the ESL idea.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Dunno much about politics in UK but quoting Karl fecking Marx made me laugh.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I don't believe this. The PR campaign from Woodward is so obvious and disgusting.

Why would Boris approve such a move , when the Country will lose a lot of taxes because of ESL
Why would the country lose tax revenue? The ESL was to replace the Champions League not the Premiere League, was it not?

RUCK4444

This is exactly why you get lying turds in power, because people like you don't care and think it doesn't matter. Just go and vote green or Monster Raving Loony or some other do gooder if you're disgusted with the integrity of the mainstream parties. Doing nothing lets the lying turd incumbent back in through inertia if nothing else. They all need to feel the fear to keep them in check.
Get a clue, they are all lying turds. If you vote for one because they are promising you savings on xyz then they are just stealing xyz from another portion of the population.

Unless there is a tyrant potentially being voted in by idiots like Trump (where your obligated to ensure they dont get into power) then there is absolutely zero point in voting.

The belief that ANYTHING will change by replacing one clown with another is farcical. It’s needed as part of a democracy of course but sadly your effecting close to nothing by voting for one or the other. Prove otherwise.

Counterfactual

So City's says, "Manchester City", and ours just says "Manchester"?

C'mon. Surely someone used majestic Paint skills and blobbed these up on "Merch by Amazon" print on demand or similar to make a few quid?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Get a clue, they are all lying turds. If you vote for one because they are promising you savings on xyz then they are just stealing xyz from another portion of the population.

Unless there is a tyrant potentially being voted in by idiots like Trump (where your obligated to ensure they dont get into power) then there is absolutely zero point in voting.

The belief that ANYTHING will change by replacing one clown with another is farcical. It’s needed as part of a democracy of course but sadly your effecting close to nothing by voting for one or the other. Prove otherwise.
Absolutely 100% wrong. If the person in charge does a bad job, you vote for someone else. It's the only mechanism there is for punishing someone doing a bad or fraudulent job in a democracy. And then when whoever you voted for to replace them does a bad job you vote for someone else again and repeat ad infinitum. Otherwise there is literally zero incentive to do a good job or to do the right thing.

What you are espousing is the only way to guarantee you'll always have a lying sack of shit representing you because they'll have nothing to fear.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Those kits are not serious, right? That's a crime against the football community.

Our kit looks like a Spanish national side kit.