Sun, 24 August 2014 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 48 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    Cleverly has never looked good on a football pitch barring the start of fergies last season. Whos got more chances at united? Cleverly has had nine lives. Unless you are related to him I just don't see how anyone can think he is united quality. Kagawa however could be a world beater in the #10 role IF given the chance.
    The love in for cleverly is fecking ridiculous!
    You don't get to be a professional footballer, nevermind play in te premiership for Manchester United, and make 13 caps for England, without looking good on a football pitch.

fordemonk

You don't get to be a professional footballer, nevermind play in te premiership for Manchester United, and make 13 caps for England, without looking good on a football pitch.
    You do. Cleverly did. Its called HYPE and every decent English youngster has it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    You have to take people's comment as relative to the level the player is competing at.

How often do we hear "xxx is crap", when it's some international, premier league player, who by very definition, is most likely, not crap.

Or you hear "he's a good player", about some twat on a sunday league park, who would actually literally be sh!t at any professional level.

It's all relative.

fordemonk

You have to take people's comment as relative to the level the player is competing at.

How often do we hear "xxx is crap", when it's some international, premier league player, who by very definition, is most likely, not crap.

Or you hear "he's a good player", about some twat on a sunday league park, who would actually literally be sh!t at any professional level.

It's all relative.
    Stop talking sense!!

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
    Cleverly has never looked good on a football pitch barring the start of fergies last season. Whos got more chances at united? Cleverly has had nine lives. Unless you are related to him I just don't see how anyone can think he is united quality. Kagawa however could be a world beater in the #10 role IF given the chance.
    The love in for cleverly is fecking ridiculous!
    I never said that he was did I? Read my post...I said that both have not lived up to their potential. I am not a Cleverly fan either I'm just stating that it's ridiculous to suggest Kagawa warrants a place ahead of him as he's been just as bad..It's like talking to a kid..see you later son

fordemonk

I never said that he was did I? Read my post...I said that both have not lived up to their potential. I am not a Cleverly fan either I'm just stating that it's ridiculous to suggest Kagawa warrants a place ahead of him as he's been just as bad..It's like talking to a kid..see you later son
    Thanks pops. But you are saying you would prefer cleverly to kagawa tomorrow?

The United Irishman

Thanks pops. But you are saying you would prefer cleverly to kagawa tomorrow?
    No my argument was on your original post that Kagawa deserves to play ahead of Cleverley when he clearly does not as he has not earned to. If you are asking I'd probably play RVP up top and drop Rooney or Mata further back. I've already said I hope Kagawa proves me wrong but so far he's been a bit poo

Brightonian

Pretty massive double standards there. They've both had lots of chances in a United shirt and not really taken them. Cleverley, actually, is the one who has had the longest run of good performances, at the start of the 2011-12 season.

You rate Kagawa higher because of what he did at Dortmund. Which is fair enough, but you should acknowledge it. In a United shirt, both have been disappointments.

fordemonk

Pretty massive double standards there. They've both had lots of chances in a United shirt and not really taken them. Cleverley, actually, is the one who has had the longest run of good performances, at the start of the 2011-12 season.

You rate Kagawa higher because of what he did at Dortmund. Which is fair enough, but you should acknowledge it. In a United shirt, both have been disappointments.
    I do acknowledge it but for different reasons. If kagawa got a run of games in his preferred position or even cm and still didn't perform then I would agree with you. Cleverly had some solid performances but never consistent and will never be united standard. No double standards here, cleverly has had a lot more chances in the team. Ill argue this point.

fordemonk

No my argument was on your original post that Kagawa deserves to play ahead of Cleverley when he clearly does not as he has not earned to. If you are asking I'd probably play RVP up top and drop Rooney or Mata further back. I've already said I hope Kagawa proves me wrong but so far he's been a bit poo
    So you wouldn't play cleverly? Youd play rooney or mata? Then why are we arguing. Id agree with this.

The United Irishman

Thank you exactly what I have been trying to explain

Cro

It's just unreal how unlucky we are in terms of injuries.

With Herrera and Carrick missing, our central midfield is down to its bare-bones. Hope Fletcher returns to his pre season form and Cleverley has a decent game tomorrow. Don't fancy us to dominate the game with all those players missing, so I hope that we play with real passion and try everything possible to get those three points.

GRon

It's just unreal how unlucky we are in terms of injuries.

With Herrera and Carrick missing, our central midfield is down to its bare-bones. Hope Fletcher returns to his pre season form and Cleverley has a decent game tomorrow. Don't fancy us to dominate the game with all those players missing, so I hope that we play with real passion and try everything possible to get those three points.
    I'd not say we have been unlucky. With so many players getting injured, it has to have something to do with training methods.

Cro

I'd not say we have been unlucky. With so many players getting injured, it has to have something to do with training methods.
    So how do you explain it?

We now have three different managers over the last three years. They all have different ways and a different staff to train the players, yet we still pick up that much injuries. Earlier this year we installed MRI, CT and ultrasound scanners at Carrington to diagnose injuries even faster and it was said that we probably have one of the best medical facilitiy in the world. So, either we have a pretty unqualified medical staff (which I refuse to believe) or we just are unlucky.

It's hard to imagine us playing well with the midfield and defence we are going to be forced to pick. I imagine a lot of people on here won't accept it but a draw would genuinely be a good result for us. Avoid defeat and then look forward to the good times we will see with Di Maria and hopefully a couple of other. This match will surely be as low as it gets for us in terms of the weakness of our squad, after this we can only improve.

Jerch

I am afraid. Very afraid what will happen tomorrow. We must win and i think i will be very hard to win with players who are available. If we lose our second game to it will be kill for confidence of the players and the fans.

Especially when i think we could bring in di Maria and new mdfieder i get a feeling that we can go and chalenge for the tittle. But to do that we cant afford to lose this game.

About the lineup i hope we don't start with Fletcher and Cleverley in midfield. We can try with Kagawa. We must start with Rooney and RVP in attack. Maybe we can just outscore them or put them under such pressure that they will think only about defending. I would chose this lineup.

......................De Gea

Rafael - Jones - Smalling - Blackett - Young

-----------Fletcher - Kagawa

----------------Mata

------------Rooney - RVP

roseguy64

Not sure RVP will start. He's only just come back and won't be match fit. Would rather Januzaj or Kagawa start.

ElectroManiac

So can we pick Di Maria for this? :devil:

Joking aside this is what I think LVG will pick.

DDG
    Jones Smalling Blackett*
    Rafael Fletcher Cleverly Young
    Mata
    Januzaj Rooney
    * If Evan is fully fit he will get picked over Blackett.

I think Januzaj will start this one. I think he should be already fit for starting. I think RVP won't start as he probably is still not fit enough and I think he is going to be a sub around the 60-70 minutes.

Now that is what I think we will see, that can potentially convert to 433 quite easily like this.

DDG
    Rafael Jones Smalling Blackett
    Fletcher Cleverly
    Mata
    Januzaj Rooney Young​

GRon

So how do you explain it?

We now have three different managers over the last three years. They all have different ways and a different staff to train the players, yet we still pick up that much injuries. Earlier this year we installed MRI, CT and ultrasound scanners at Carrington to diagnose injuries even faster and it was said that we probably have one of the best medical facilitiy in the world. So, either we have a pretty unqualified medical staff (which I refuse to believe) or we just are unlucky.
    I can not explain it. But consistently long injury lists can not be ignored as plain bad luck.

LR7

So, I was watching the training clips from MUTV after the presser and didn't see any sign of Rafael :(. Did anyone else spot him?
    Evans, Valencia, Welbeck and Herrera were all there taking part in the training session though which is a bit odd since he said Herrera was out.
    Of the youngsters Blackett, James, Wilson, Powell and Zaha were involved.

scholesboot

Just out of interest would anyone try Valencia in centre mid? Has pace power and an engine. Ok he lacks any sort of passing ability which is a must. However we are severely lacking in there and in a 3 he could do a job?

Just a thought before I get caf beaten

Cristiano Jonaldo

Lawyer Here!
    I'd start him. I like to see youth. He's better than hernandez with the ball and he can bring others into play.
    With Rooney and RVP fit, and given that we could really use the win I wouldn't start him tbh.

The last 15 however when he's fresh and the opposition isn't could build his confidence and give us a boost for the final minutes.

Rafalus

The result is not important. Today will easy win, 2-1 for us. But Ed must show us Angel tomorrow!
    it must happen :devil:

scholesboot

With Rooney and RVP fit, and given that we could really use the win I wouldn't start him tbh.

The last 15 however when he's fresh and the opposition isn't could build his confidence and give us a boost for the final minutes.
    I've got a feeling rooney could be in the middle of the park. I may be wrong of course

scholesboot

The result is not important. Today will easy win, 2-1 for us. But Ed must show us Angel tomorrow!
    it must happen :devil:
    Excuse me? The result is not important but a.signing tomorrow is? Do you only like football during the transfer window or something

Rafalus

Excuse me? The result is not important but a.signing tomorrow is? Do you only like football during the transfer window or something
    Not the most important today. I don't see our game and results to the end of the season with the players that we have now, especially on the wings and in the centre midfielders ( Clev!). Do you want to have a repeat of the previous season?

scholesboot

Not the most important today. I don't see our game and results to the end of the season with the players that we have now, especially on the wings and in the centre midfielders ( Clev!). Do you want to have a repeat of the previous season?
    Every game is important. Or it will end up like last season. Good job you aren't in charge. Jesus wept

deanobaggio

Anyone but Cleverly in centre mid today…..Rather see Pearson given a chance than watch another Cleverly bottle job

82pence

Anyone but Cleverly in centre mid today…..Rather see Pearson given a chance than watch another Cleverly bottle job
    Agree 100%. I would like us try an almost centre midfield 4 (still pretty much the 3-5-2 but one of the strikers drop to make it two attacking mids)...

-----------------DDG--------------

--------Jones---Smalling----Blackett

Rafael------Fletcher------Rooney-------Young

-------------Kagawa-----Mata-----------

------------------V.Persie--------------

KYcinco

For some reason I think LVG will like Ando's style of play, one thing Anderson enjoy's other than food(I might as well get the food jokes out the way) is passing and moving.

I think a surprise is in store....

Rafalus

so:drool::

-----------------DDG--------------

--------Jones---Smalling----Blackett

Rafael------Fletcher------Anderson-------Kagawa

-------------Rooney-----Mata-----------

------------------V.Persie--------------

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    5-3-2
    DDG
    Jones Smalling Blackett
    Rafael...........Fletcher...........Young
    Kagawa...........Mata
    RVP Welbeck

OR

3-4-3

DDG
    Jones Smalling Blackett
    Rafael Fletcher Mata Young
    Welbeck...........RVP...........Janzuzaj/Kag

Shame that Carrick is out, I assume Fellaini, Rooney, Valencia, Evans, Herrera all out from peoples posts​

Scholesy 18

------------------De Gea-----------------

--------Jones---Smalling----Blackett---

Rafael------Fletcher------Cleverly-----Young

-------------------Mata-------------------------

-----------RVP------------Rooney---------------

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player