SuperCupNI 2023 (23-28 July)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Mapengu also sent off, getting his second yellow at the final whistle. Some type of verbal argument apparently. A Londonderry player got a booking too.

top1whoisman

Scout
Lost 3-4 on pens.

Armer, Nkoto & Kukonki scored, Fitzgerald & Bailey missed theirs.

PS18

From one foot in the final to two reds, an equaliser and a defeat on penalties, oops.

Bertie Wooster

Bloody hell! :(

I was hoping to get to see some of the players while they're showing the final. Very disappointing way to miss out on the final.

Bigsid

Overhyped? 18s havent won a game and 16s/17s lost to Irish part timers. Must be worst we have ever performed in this competition.

top1whoisman

Scout
Overhyped? 18s havent won a game and 16s/17s lost to Irish part timers. Must be worst we have ever performed in this competition.
Your pretending of being a United fan is the worst we have ever had on this forum.

Gungerz

We've lost numerous times to the local NI sides. I also remember us losing 5-1 to Aspire Academy from Qatar one year.

At the end of the day it's a pre-season youth tournament. The results hardly matter.

Beaucoup

We definitely have plenty of over hyped average players.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Much easier to put him on ignore list rather than pointing out that he's a Man City fan(which he is) every time. Its tedious.

PS18

Only players in this squad who have had any hype are Lacey and Fitzgerald, who have both shone on much brighter stages than a pre-season cup tournament. But results like this are always good for highlighting those with an agenda or axe to grind.

Seems like Lacey’s tackle that got him sent off was retribution after he got kicked all game with relative impunity. Something he’ll probably have to get used to given how useless academy football refs are but still, bit of a shame. Seen it before in this competition from the local representative sides, guess it’s somewhat inevitable.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
My nephew plays for Antrim. They were robbed last night. The linesman ordered a penalty to be retaken after the Antrim keeper saved it, despite being on the line when the kick was taken. The Mexicans scored the retake and went through.

At least he gets to play against United now.

top1whoisman

Scout
Much easier to put him on ignore list rather than pointing out that he's a Man City fan(which he is) every time. Its tedious.
You’re right. Just think someone needs to call them out for their bs, but it’s getting tiring.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Our academy has been shit for years supposedly and yet in the last 3-4 years, the likes of #11, Garnacho and Mainoo have come out of it. Not even counting the likes of Henderson and Elanga who'll be very, very good PL players somewhere.

Gungerz

3-0 win over Co. Antrim to finish third. Nkoto, Devaney & Thwaites got the goals.

Abraha did indeed pick up an injury at some point & is wearing a protective boot.

oskarutd

3-0 win over Co. Antrim to finish third. Nkoto, Devaney & Thwaites got the goals.

Abraha did indeed pick up an injury at some point & is wearing a protective boot.
Do you have info on the starting 11 & subs?

Gungerz

Do you have info on the starting 11 & subs?
Starters were: Byrne-Hughes; McCormack, Mills (c), Armer, Mantato; Bailey, Devaney, Thwaites; Nkoto, Balogun, Barbosa

Unless anyone else picked up injuries the bench would've been: Murdock, Kukonki, Freedman & Fitzgerald

oskarutd

Starters were: Byrne-Hughes; McCormack, Mills (c), Armer, Mantato; Bailey, Devaney, Thwaites; Nkoto, Balogun, Barbosa

Unless anyone else picked up injuries the bench would've been: Murdock, Kukonki, Freedman & Fitzgerald
Thanks mate! :)

Bertie Wooster

This really hasn't been worth £15 to watch these three games. :(

And why are we playing in our dark green and white kit again, against a Valencia side playing in their black and white kit? Finding it a frustrating clash.

Bertie Wooster

Another red card!

That's Gore against Wrexham; Mantato in the first U16 game and Lacey and Mapengu in the SF; and now McAllister.

That's 5 red cards so far in the friendlies! And I can't remember any of the opponents having a man send off yet?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Another red card!

That's Gore against Wrexham; Mantato in the first U16 game and Lacey and Mapengu in the SF; and now McAllister.

That's 5 red cards so far in the friendlies! And I can't remember any of the opponents having a man send off yet?
Louis Jackson sent off against Hertha too and they had one sent off for the same altercation.

Beaucoup

Half these players are simply not good enough, there’s probably a couple of players at best the show any sort of composure on the ball.