Television Supernatural | TV Show

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I still think in terms of scariness and creepiness, nothing can beat seasons 1 and 2. I enjoyed them but after that it started getting really serious and they followed a story line very well.

RDCR07

Is it a bit of a comedy or something? My mates quite into it and keeps sending me links of slightly humorous stuff from it. It seems very dry which is my kind of humour, but I was wondering whether its isolated examples or theres always humour running through before I decide whether to start watching
There is so much comedy every season. There is a snippet of it in every episode as well. But Dean and Cas are the best at it.

RDCR07

I just watched The Slice Girls episode. I thought there was no new episode last week but I guess I was mistaken. Interesting episode that.

Cold_Boy

Great show this.

Doesn't ever get too boring like many shows do with such a long storyline.

Lastwolf

The two actors we complaining they've had to refuse to say some lines this season as they sounded more like a couple than brothers.

I like the show but for me S5 was a good enough ending, I enjoy seeing more but I think it's suffered without Cas and now Bobby, it's been alot of Monster of the weeks lately.

But that tends to be the format,

1-2 shows wrapping lose ends from previous season,

few episodes establishing new big bad mixed with monster of the weeks that lasts up to episode 10 - Cliffhanger for mid season break.

11-17 Resolve cliffhanger, monster of the weeks and a few comedy episodes to lighten the mood.

17-22 Drama.

Castiel is meant to be in this weeks episode or next, he's supposed to be different some how, I'm hoping Archangel entrance (Raphiel ?) from a few season, blind everyone and torch the building.

Cold_Boy

tbh haven't watched many long stroy shows only Lost, Prison Break, and 1-2 more.

But Supernatural's the only one I have been interested in watching full after season 2.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just started watching this a couple of weeks back. It's fantastic. What I love about it is how little each episode is related to the other and the duration.

Wish I had followed it from the start. Now I'll go back to the beginning when the season ends.

Lastwolf

I just recently started watching the whole thing again, Season 1 is pretty poor in places but they really start to kick on after that and Season 3 is a bit hit or miss, but that was the writers strike year, apart from that the show is gold, they seem decent at mixing in the dark with the humorous, it's kinda nice to see how far they've come in the 7 years, it's also a little sad to, with all the people that they've lost.

Mick1991

Went back myself last year, it's amazing how they link everything together. Just caught back up last week after falling off because of the Christmas break (perfect timing with it returning this week), but then we have another break before the final run of four of five episodes.

Agreed on the mix of humour and darkness Lastwolf, they have it just perfect.

amolbhatia50k

I'm jealous amol, would love to be starting all over again!
Actually I don't know which season I'm on. It could be the first given it's started coming in India not too long back (I think).

Cold_Boy

Actually I don't know which season I'm on. It could be the first given it's started coming in India not too long back (I think).
Its season 3 on Star world and season 6 on AXn?

Which one you watching? I am on the Star World .

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I remember watching the first season in 2005-06 or so...

Then i started following it online and has stopped watching after 5th season.

amolbhatia50k

Its season 3 on Star world and season 6 on AXn?

Which one you watching? I am on the Star World .
Start World. Has it been coming for awhile? I just noticed it a month or two back. I'll go back to earlier seasons once this season gets over and Star World replaces it with something daft like two and a half men.

Cold_Boy

Start World. Has it been coming for awhile? I just noticed it a month or two back. I'll go back to earlier seasons once this season gets over and Star World replaces it with something daft like two and a half men.
Yeah for a while.

Started at season 1.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Been watching the third season of this on Star World HD. Decent show, two episodes left in S3.

Some of the filler episodes are plain rubbish like the one today. Generally the episodes that mix the case of the week with the long term mythology of the season or series are pretty good. Fairly predictable series and some of the dialogoues from support charactes are horrendous but the brothers make up for it, especially by bringing humour to the show.

crappycraperson

Scout
Just started watching this a couple of weeks back. It's fantastic. What I love about it is how little each episode is related to the other and the duration.

Wish I had followed it from the start. Now I'll go back to the beginning when the season ends.
Star World need to sign up to some more shows, some of the repeats going on that channel is crazy.

Used to be better a decade ago. Bar friends and another show or two they had a different line up every day of the week. Though at that time, they used to air old seasons.

Impressed that they are airing Missing here before US. Their torrentz initiative is really good and shows that they have some thinking people in their management. But they keep picking up shows that get cancelled in US after a bunch of episodes like Pan Am and River. They need to get on shows like Happy Endings, New Girl

Cold_Boy

Been watching the third season of this on Star World HD. Decent show, two episodes left in S3.

Some of the filler episodes are plain rubbish like the one today. Generally the episodes that mix the case of the week with the long term mythology of the season or series are pretty good. Fairly predictable series and some of the dialogoues from support charactes are horrendous but the brothers make up for it, especially by bringing humour to the show.
Today's episode was a bit dull ,yea.

crappycraperson

Scout
Today's episode was a bit dull ,yea.
Very boring.

The one with them stuck at the station was great. I laughed out loud at Dean's line to the black guy when he says - "I shot the Sheriff" and Dean replies "but did not shoot the deputy" with a goofy smile on the face as a reference to Marley. But like I said, some of the dialogies out of the demon girl in that episode was cringeworthy.

The Ghostfacers episode was also good. I see what they were trying to pull off, don't think they were able to hit a home run or get even close to it but still was a good effort. Those kind of stand alone work.

Lastwolf

Season 3 wasn't the best.

They had to make a good chunk of the season with none of the usual writers and the rest was on a vastly compacted time scale.

Writer's strike ruined a lot of shows that year.

Ralaks

Thought it was a decent end to Season 7. Season 8 looks pretty promising too with demons seemingly playing a way bigger role again.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This is still going? I saw most of the first series and a few episodes of the second at which point I lost interest.

Cold_Boy

This is still going? I saw most of the first series and a few episodes of the second at which point I lost interest.
One of the very very few shows where that has not happened to me.

Supernatural is just awesome.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Never bothered after 5th season.

Will watch when it's completely ended.

narnar

Needs Help
Castiel seemed slightly different in Purgatory (from the few minutes we see of him). I hope he's back to normal as his character was pretty good in seasons 4 & 5.

Does anyone else think that Meg sounds like the female of equivalent of the demon Alastiar?