Support David Moyes thread

Tomalonge

It's irony.
No it isn't.

The irony comes from the people getting wound up that people are posting in his support thread and posting hate to even it out, even though 80% of the posts made in here are against him.

It's not like you don't have a billion other threads for this.

A1X

No it isn't.

The irony comes from the people getting wound up that people are posting in his support thread and posting hate to even it out, even though 80% of the posts made in here are against him.

It's not like you don't have a billion other threads for this.
Ah, the wonderful smell of censorship. Do you work for MUTV?

Deleted member 78215

The home crowd will be back to its amnesiac ways when we beat Norwich and we'll have Moyes grinning like the Cheshire Cat while the fans give him a rousing reception.

He ain't going anywhere until our match going fans actually do something. Right now their behaviour is inexplicable.

Jev

I'm here. Wavered a little bit yesterday admittedly. I support our manager and our players, it all depends on how he does in the summer.
In the summer? I'm sorry but that makes no sense. So if he goes out and spends 200 million on mediocre players, you'd advocate sacking him right there before the season instead of letting a new manager spend that 200 million?

There's not one sensible argument to keeping David Moyes one more day.

Tomalonge

In the summer? I'm sorry but that makes no sense. So if he goes out and spends 200 million on mediocre players, you'd advocate sacking him right there before the season instead of letting a new manager spend that 200 million?

There's not one sensible argument to keeping David Moyes one more day.
I've said December from the start, hasn't changed once. The summer is important to where the team will be in December, oui?

Jev

I've said December from the start, hasn't changed once. The summer is important to where the team will be in December, oui?
I didn't trawl through all your post before replying so I had no idea you thought December was the time to evaluate.

I still can't see any sense to it. If you're that on the fence about a manager, why would you trust him with 200 million? We all know that if we spend all that money and spend it wrongly, than that's it. Then the back is empty for the foreseeable future and we'll be left with a mediocre squad. That's five or six years out of the Champions League, at least. The summer spending is absolutely crucial to our chances of returning to the top of the league. I know I don't want Moyes making the decisions.

Tomalonge

I didn't trawl through all your post before replying so I had no idea you thought December was the time to evaluate.

I still can't see any sense to it. If you're that on the fence about a manager, why would you trust him with 200 million? We all know that if we spend all that money and spend it wrongly, than that's it. Then the back is empty for the foreseeable future and we'll be left with a mediocre squad. That's five or six years out of the Champions League, at least. The summer spending is absolutely crucial to our chances of returning to the top of the league. I know I don't want Moyes making the decisions.
The only player he's identified that I'm not sure of is Fellaini, and the jury is rightfully still out on him.

Is Mata mediocre?

togg

I admire you Tomalonge and respect your stalwart nature in supporting Moyes. I've tried...but for some reason, and I said this in another thread, yesterday's result really got to me...and watching him afterwards, I really hated him. I'm not saying it's all down to him, but he's the captain...and the buck does really stop with him, as it does at every other club.

Jev

The only player he's identified that I'm not sure of is Fellaini, and the jury is rightfully still out on him.

Is Mata mediocre?
Mata is a wonderful player who plays in a position where we already had two top-class players competing. I'm happy Mata is here but it was hardly the most pressing signing mid-season.

Fellaini will at best become a decent rotation player. You do not spend 28 million on a rotation player. Otherwise you'll quickly wonder where all those 200 million went.

Moyes spent the entire summer chasing Baines, dallying for six weeks before putting in the same bid that Everton had previously turned down! He hesitated for two months before then, in the final few days of the transfer window, bidding on, what, 5-10 players? Khedira, Fellaini, De Rossi, Sneijder, Coentrao, Ander Herrara. Who did I forget? How can you not doubt whether he's the right man to spend all that money after that summer window?

Tomalonge

I admire you Tomalonge and respect your stalwart nature in supporting Moyes. I've tried...but for some reason, and I said this in another thread, yesterday's result really got to me...and watching him afterwards, I really hated him. I'm not saying it's all down to him, but he's the captain...and the buck does really stop with him, as it does at every other club.
I can see that, I'll admit yesterday got to me too. He deserves a fair crack of the whip but I'm not sure about him anymore, to be honest I doubt he'll see out his contract here.

Football's full of surprises though, I'm hoping this is the case, and while I'm not confident about him as manager he's still got time to change our minds.

Tomalonge

Mata is a wonderful player who plays in a position where we already had two top-class players competing. I'm happy Mata is here but it was hardly the most pressing signing mid-season.

Fellaini will at best become a decent rotation player. You do not spend 28 million on a rotation player. Otherwise you'll quickly wonder where all those 200 million went.

Moyes spent the entire summer chasing Baines, dallying for two months before putting in the same bid that Everton had previously turned down! He hesitated for two months before then, in the final few days of the transfer window, bidding on, what, 5-10 players? Khedira, Fellaini, De Rossi, Sneijder, Coentrao, Ander Herrara. Who did I forget? How can you not doubt whether he's the right man to spend all that money after that summer window?
Wasn't Woodward holding the purse strings though?

The first summer was a shambles, nobody is questioning that. Woodward was doing the legwork for that though.

Jev

Wasn't Woodward holding the purse strings though?

The first summer was a shambles, nobody is questioning that. Woodward was doing the legwork for that though.
I assume Woodward doesn't go around desperately bidding on players without consulting David Moyes.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
"We'll try and do everything we possibly can to get a team which is capable of winning better than we have done recently."

Sorry but Fergie wouldn't be caught dead saying stuff like that

Moyes is a defeatist twat. God knows what his team talks are like!

A1X

God knows what his team talks are like!
"OK lads, if we play to our potential then we can certainly make it difficult for Alfreton Town today, and if we're lucky we should scrape through, but if we go ahead remember we have to sit back and take the 1-0."

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
"OK lads, if we play to our potential then we can certainly make it difficult for Alfreton Town today, and if we're lucky we should scrape through, but if we go ahead remember we have to sit back and take the 1-0."
That would be funny if I didn't think that there was a grain if truth in it!

Nights

"We'll try and do everything we possibly can to get a team which is capable of winning better than we have done recently."

I think several Everton players have come out and said that Martinez's approach is a lot more "positive" in that he tries to build the players up and creates a sense of belief in the team as well, whereas Moyes' modus operandi has always been to try and negate the opposition, especially against the top sides. Hence the conservative/defensive approach. The United players clearly have no self belief at the moment, and I don't think you can say any of the players are really playing for Moyes at the moment.

I think this would be reflected in his team talks, which I'm sure are a bit of a shock after listening to SAF's rousing speeches. Although that being said, I'm not sure half the team could understand Fergie anyways :D

Member 60376

Cheers for telling us how to support our club.
It is his club too so he has every right to say what he feels like

Stop taking the moral high ground and deriding others simply because they have a different opinion from yours

I say this to both camps by the way

But nahealai god knows your posts yesterday in this thread were far more disturbing than anything I have ever seen you post - and that includes the pissing in the sink and wanking to your SIL's panties threads

NK86

It would be like that scene from FRIENDS, where Courtney Cox is the new head chef in a restaurant and all her staff hates her. After being tormented by the staff for a while she speaks out in a very very hushed tone, "You know, I have been very patient with you all so far. I have been nothing but nice but now the water has reached here." When this finishes, one of the senior staff member shouts out, "We can't hear you".

Courtney -> David Moyes
Staff Member -> Rio Ferdinand.

I can actually totally imagine that :p

NK86

Stop taking the moral high ground and deriding others simply because they have a different opinion from yours

But nahealai god knows your posts yesterday in this thread were far more disturbing than anything I have ever seen you post - and that includes the pissing in the sink and wanking to your SIL's panties threads
:lol::lol:

Is there actually a thread like that? Well, search is my best friend now! :D

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

:lol: I pissed in the sink once, it was a cold winter and the dorm's lavatory is a walk too far

But Wanking on panties... hmm...

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

He may well do, and I respect that, but telling others how to support their club and calling their support 'inexplicable' isn't right.

I am not 'deriding' others either, by the way. The ridicule and mocking has mostly come from the other side of the fence.

Also, I 100% stand behind my reasoning why I support Moyes from what I posted yesterday. I saw nothing in the Everton game to convince me otherwise. Yes they looked decent on the break, but we were coping fine until Phil Jones had a brainfart (not once, but twice).

Yesterday only reinforced the notion that we need a quality left-back and a quality central midfield (and possibly a pacy left-sided attacker). Everything else is pretty much in place. De Gea is fantastic, Smalling and Evans are quality, Rafael is capable, and Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj and Rooney are all super, too. A little more playing time together and we'll look golden.

Throw Shaw, Carvalho and a Koke/Kroos type in there and we'd look strong again.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He may well do, and I respect that, but telling others how to support their club and calling their support 'inexplicable' isn't right.

I am not 'deriding' others either, by the way. The ridicule and mocking has mostly come from the other side of the fence.

Also, I 100% stand behind my reasoning why I support Moyes from what I posted yesterday. I saw nothing in the Everton game to convince me otherwise. Yes they looked decent on the break, but we were coping fine until Phil Jones had a brainfart (not once, but twice).

Yesterday only reinforced the notion that we need a quality left-back and a quality central midfield (and possibly a pacy left-sided attacker). Everything else is pretty much in place. De Gea is fantastic, Smalling and Evans are quality, Rafael is capable, and Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj and Rooney are all super, too. A little more playing time together and we'll look golden.

We have what? 1-2 shots on target?

We've had less than 5 shots on target agains our traditional bitter rival Liverpool and City altogether.... At home.

If that's good enough for you, by all means keep on supporting him

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Was there a single reason for him to play as CB yesterday and Smalling as fullback? He did good job against fecking Ribery few weeks ago as a fullback, and Smalling was great as CB in that game, and Smalling proved so many times that he is better CB than Jones is, and Jones isn't half bad as fullback, but for some reason Moyes swapped their positions once again and made our defence look awful once again.

Member 60376

The problem with that statement is simple

If you break something that was working, and then rebuild it completely to the same level at massive cost, time and effort - that is not success, that is not progress, that is simply wastage of resources

I have been using the term Occam's Razor multiple times since yesterday, but I will use it once again

Only onee major thing has changed between last year and this year. The obvious answer is most often the correct one

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Doesn't really matter what Adam says or does, his channel lets match goers let out their anger. Personally I reckon he summed out how a lot of us felt on the way out today.
Fair enough, mate, but I still believe they're behaving in a hypocritical manner.

No consistency. Either back the manager or don't.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

He's no orator like Fergie was. With SAF, every word was loaded with meaning and delivered with specific intent. This was the finest of hundreds of examples:

Moyes manages to shoot himself in the foot with every single public pronouncement. Mourinho's exactly the same as SAF, and English isn't even his first language, ffs!

arthurka

Most of this could be fixed by getting a manager who had a clue...

Deleted member 78215

He's no orator like Fergie was. With SAF, every word was loaded with meaning and delivered with specific intent. This was the finest of hundreds of examples:

Moyes manages to shoot himself in the foot with every single public pronouncement. Mourinho's exactly the same as SAF, and English isn't even his first language, ffs!
SAF ... what a man.

Can we have a tribute thread to the guy, god knows we need it more than ever.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
SAF ... what a man.

Can we have a tribute thread to the guy, god knows we need it more than ever.
Videos like that are ten a penny on YouTube.

Someone posted one of SAF during his Aberdeen days - they had just beaten Rangers in a cup final, yet he ferociously ripped into his players because he felt they hadn't reached the expected standards. Serial winner.

JSMHE

I will give him time if he gets time. Everyone deserve their 2nd chance. But what I don't like from him the most is he can't deal with our players. He is being controlled by Rooney. He can't motivate our players as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I will give him time if he gets time. Everyone deserve their 2nd chance. But what I don't like from him the most is he can't deal with our players. He is being controlled by Rooney. He can't motivate our players as well.
Second chance? As in 2 (two)?

Green_Red

:lol::lol::lol::lol: "Scouse Bastard"

I think the Stretford End will give Moyes 0 support at the next home match. I don't think we will boo him or sing against him but i'm sure as hell he won't have any more support.

Enoughs enough imo.
I'd love if he had to walk into the ground to complete silence. That would send a message loud and clear. The next question is once he knows we've had enough how long will it take for him to resign, or would he even?

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, if they'd won yesterday I would have thought ok, chance begins today. But he's proven he hasn't the know how at this level.