Supporting other English teams in European competition...

Pagh Wraith

What about when they won the World Cup? International football is different for me. If a Liverpool player plays for my country then he’s one of mine at the time. If my country isn’t involved, then I think club bias takes precedence for me in the main. Maybe not for the match result, but for the individual players. Like, if Aguero missed the chance Sterling missed tonight for Argentina, it would make me happy, as he’s a City player.
I supported Argentina in that. Really.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I would support any teams progressing from the PL in Europe except for Everton, City, Chelsea, and united. That being said, seeing both manchester teams crash out of Europe this weekend did not make me unhappy.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I’m a bit the same myself. For one reason or another the league just cannot seem to dominate Europe like we have seen from Spain and Italy over the years. We see at times a great 1-2 years but never seem to sustain a real dominance. It’s funny when it’s not Utd
You will never see any country win 6 in a row like English teams did in the 70s and 80s.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
You will never see any country win 6 in a row like English teams did in the 70s and 80s.
Well Spain did it 5 in a row, twice. But I was talking about recent times, when the premiership and champions league became what we see today. I always draw a line between that and before for one reason or another.

Spain win it 8 out of 13 times in recent times which is what I would consider domination. They also had 9 Europa/UEFA cups in the same period.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If English teams perform bad it will make our league look less credible, and our standing in the league looks weaker too in comparison with other leagues. So I understand where the argument coming from.

But I don’t really care how other English team perform in Europe though.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I always root for teams that are fairer and have more sportsmanship,

This means that in the end I pretty much always support Northern (English/Dutch/German) clubs way over Southern (Spain/Italy/Portugal) clubs

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
As long as it's not Liverpool or City, I'm always all in on the English teams. I remember being happy when Chelsea beat Bayern in 2012, or at least I was until Terry jumped in, shin pads and all.