With players at peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Agreed: Veron should have started.

I think the result, here, was mostly driven by the presence of less known or forgotten players: Mostovoi, Albeda, Escobar... are less easy to sell than Nedved, Xavi, Lucio...

In other words, the Starting 11 of Joga won 13 Champions League Cups against...4 for David (conte, sali, evra, ivanovic).
Delighted to see Mostovoi here. Largely under-appreciated because he played for Celta Vigo and Russia, but he'd have strolled into most of the bigger club and national sides at that time. Albelda was always rock solid and his Valencia side were cnuts to play against.

Deleted member 101472

Agreed: Veron should have started.

I think the result, here, was mostly driven by the presence of less known or forgotten players: Mostovoi, Albeda, Escobar... are less easy to sell than Nedved, Xavi, Lucio...

In other words, the Starting 11 of Joga won 13 Champions League Cups against...4 for David (conte, sali, evra, ivanovic).
If that's what we are basing the drafts on, what's the point

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Ha, yes - games, eh? Never was into that, other than real old school ones and then, much later, pro evo when that became a thing. Never played any of those manager type games post C64. Old, you know.

But I did watch him play in real life, which has to count for something. And he was versatile. Could play allover the park, practically. We should get @Balu in on this, he must have an informed opinion on 'midzic.
Got a lot of time for Brazzo, such a wonderful squad player to have. He'd still get playing time in most top teams around Europe right now, because of his versatility and hard work. Obviously he isn't an elite player, but he's a great water carrier who can save a team during injury crisis and add lots of energy (and cuntishness) to the team in tough matches.

Sorry for answering so late, really, really busy in real life at the moment. So I don't follow any draft games unless someone tags me (and then I still mostly forget to answer).

I see that @Joga Bonito again built an excellent side. I would have voted for @DavidG though. 1. Because he has Brazzo in his team and 2. because Joga has Grosso in his side and never ever will I vote for a team with fecking Fabio Grosso in it.

Deleted member 101472

@Joga Bonito just realised I didn't congratulate you. Pleasure discussing the game with you privately too, nice and honest discussions which I appreciate

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In fairness, scan voters won't dismiss Ronaldo and Bergkamp based on CL wins.
Scanvoting problem is overstated. Most of the people who vote here do so regularly, even if they don't participate in the discussion; and you rarely get a truly unfair result because of a more popular names.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Scanvoting problem is overstated. Most of the people who vote here do so regularly, even if they don't participate in the discussion; and you rarely get a truly unfair result because of a more popular names.
Agreed, it occasionally settles a tight game, but no more than that really.