Synth Draft: SF - Invictus vs Gio

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Good game @Gio! As always, your team was wonderfully constructed and had some of my absolute favorite players - Brehme, Neeskens, Baresi and of course, Maradona. Agree with the comments made previously by other managers in that this would've been a closely contested game in practice and the final scoreline is quite misleading. Thought this would down to the wire like the NT Peak Draft Semifinal, and truth be told, I was bricking it to the very end with premonitions of a Crystanbul-esque meltdown.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Great quality of debate throughout lads. Well played! I was expecting this to be razor-thin. Both teams were fecking brilliant, and I probably wasn't going to vote at all until it became clear from reading the thread that it was wrapped up and curiosity got the best of me as regards the score. Invictus has nailed hs drafting strategy to a tee here. We were in a similar position in the drafting order and I tried something similar in terms of leaving my No. 10 pick late after the top boys had already been picked, prioritising other positions, and keeping space for one of the superstars in the reinforcements. Alas I evidently fecked it up somewhere along the way :D. As regards Gio's team which looked like it was going to steamroll everyone early on, could this be an example of @antohan 's infamous 'peaked too soon' verdict that pissed Balu off?