Group C
Australia
Sri Lanka
West Indies

Group D
New Zealand
Scotland
South Africa

Followed by the Super 8s(2 groups of 4 teams each), followed by the semis and finals.

You can find the squads and other info here:

http://content.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/current/series/335113.html

We(India) are the favourites going into this, I guess. I hope we can win it.

Australia are pretty strong too. I think South Africa won't do as well as people expect, and also think New Zealand will do well.

zing

Zingle balls
Of course you'll get good odds, they're not very good

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Well India certainly have the most comfortable group. We (Sri Lanka) have a very tricky one, wouldn't be surprised if we went out. Not at all confident from our perspective.

I have a feeling South Africa will win it.

Addict

England 12/1
Pakistan 8/1
:houllier:

Pakistan are fecking awful, they have no chance of winning this.

zing

Zingle balls
England 12/1
Pakistan 8/1

I don't know anything about Pakistan, but their bowling line-up is better than England's. Umar Gul, Afridi, Tanvir are very good at T20.

If you're calling me deluded for thinking England won't win, you don't watch much cricket.

Anyone can win a T20 game, all a team needs is a few players to fire, but England must be the team with the least number of players who can fire. Beyond Bopara and Pietersen, I can't think of any other match winners.

Well India certainly have the most comfortable group. We (Sri Lanka) have a very tricky one, wouldn't be surprised if we went out. Not at all confident from our perspective.

I have a feeling South Africa will win it.

I think you'll beat West Indies, but Sri Lanka have a poor middle order. Dilshan's fantastic, but Jayasuriya apart, that's about it in the batting really. Need something special from Malinga and Murali.

Spoony

The People's President
England will win it and you can get pretty decent odds aswell. :D
No.

And the fact that you're getting your cock out for this, leads me to believe that you're a cnut who deserves to get his cock stuck in his zipper.

arjwiz

England 12/1
Pakistan 8/1

Pakistan have a way better T20 team than England, despite their relative exile over the past 2 years. They are runners-up of the last tournament.

Afridi, Tanvir, Akmal, Younis, Imran Nazir, Gul, Shoaib Malik etc.

England have Bopara.

How did India get such an easy group compared to Group C?

India's predicted lineup:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Rohit Sharma
Dhoni
Yusuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan
Zaheer/Praveen Kumar (if Zaheer's injured)
Ishant Sharma/RP Singh

Praveen Kumar/Munaf Patel/Ashish Nehra
Ravindra Jadeja
Ojha
RP Singh/Ishant Sharma

zing

Zingle balls
Pakistan have a way better T20 team than England, despite their relative exile over the past 2 years. They are runners-up of the last tournament.

Afridi, Tanvir, Akmal, Younis, Imran Nazir, Gul, Shoaib Malik etc.

England have Bopara.

How did India get such an easy group compared to Group C?

India's predicted lineup:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Rohit Sharma
Dhoni
Yusuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan
Zaheer/Praveen Kumar (if Zaheer's injured)
Ishant Sharma/RP Singh

Praveen Kumar/Munaf Patel/Ashish Nehra
Ravindra Jadeja
Ojha
RP Singh/Ishant Sharma
Not totally correct man

Munaf/Nehra aren't in the squad
The expected line-up is Gambhir, Sehwag, Raina, Yuvraj, Rohit, Dhoni, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan, RP, Ishant, Zaheer/Praveen Kumar(if injured)

South Africa and India are the ones for me. Ive got tickets for the last super 8 game...cant wait!

I think we could get done by fatigue. Our players have been playing consecutively for a very long time now, and it's been away. It showed in the IPL when a lot of them were hit and miss, or simply not performing.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I think you'll beat West Indies, but Sri Lanka have a poor middle order. Dilshan's fantastic, but Jayasuriya apart, that's about it in the batting really. Need something special from Malinga and Murali.
SRL are actually my dark horse pick. Jayawardne is also in good touch for them and I won't bet against Sangakara finding form at the right time. They got Mendis as well.

zing

Zingle balls
Jayawardene, yes.. and Sangakarra has also been scoring well. But the thing is, neither are hard-hitting batsmen who will take the initiative. Both of them are fantastic at rotating the strike and scoring the occasional boundary, but that's good only if you have a hard-hitter at the other end.

They have only Dilshan and Jayasuriya for that.. Jayasuriya looks out of sorts recently as well.

My dark horse pick is NZ. Shit bowling, but the batting line-up's great. Ryder, McCullum, Ross Taylor, Guptill, Oram, Styris. Not bad at all.

Northstand

I don't know anything about Pakistan, but their bowling line-up is better than England's. Umar Gul, Afridi, Tanvir are very good at T20.

If you're calling me deluded for thinking England won't win, you don't watch much cricket.

Anyone can win a T20 game, all a team needs is a few players to fire, but England must be the team with the least number of players who can fire. Beyond Bopara and Pietersen, I can't think of any other match winners.

Can't really argue with that, although maybe Prior could spring a surprise. England have never replaced Trescothick in the one day game.

Rooney1987

It will be intresting to see what Morgan and Napier do for England both great T20 county players.

zing

Zingle balls
Australia battering Bangladesh in the warm-up match

Johnson, Lee, Bracken, Watson, Hopes/Siddle/Symonds/Clarke
What a bowling line-up

I think they have a better side than India

VP

I might pop down to Lords to catch the India NZ warm up game.

Virtuoso

Does anyone know of any places in London to get International Cricket shirts? I would like to buy the new India shirt before Wednesday, going to the India-Pakistan match at the Oval (and the Netherlands-Scotland game before it) and would like to get the shirt but can't find any places that sell it. Thanks in advance.

VP

Does anyone know of any places in London to get International Cricket shirts? I would like to buy the new India shirt before Wednesday, going to the India-Pakistan match at the Oval (and the Netherlands-Scotland game before it) and would like to get the shirt but can't find any places that sell it. Thanks in advance.
They were selling it at Lords today. I'm sure they'll sell it at the Oval as well before the game.

Virtuoso

They were selling it at Lords today. I'm sure they'll sell it at the Oval as well before the game.
Ah right cheers, the official ones right? Have come across some fakes the last few days, how much were they selling for?

amir51

England 12/1
Pakistan 8/1

Even when we are at our most garbage. Have an inept board. We are still more likely than you to win. We are awful, but England are worse despite inventing the format.

Spoony

The People's President
Been watching Melbourne Red's lot. They're not bad at striking the ball are they?? Shame about the bowling, though. . . they don't seem to have good enough seamers.

Addict

England still be written off by you all? This is a great performance by England at the minute.. thrashing West Indies but they are without Gayle. I am happy I put £100 on England a few days ago :)

As I posted this Bopara gets out :lol: This forum is cursed I swear.

pauldyson1uk

Watching the warm up match V West Indies and England are doing really well Bopara scored 60 of 36 balls and Wright is on 55.
Should be an esy win for us ,was not to impressed with the win over Scotland made very heavy work of it.
20/20 cricket is the way forward good to watch and exciting

pauldyson1uk

England still be written off by you all? This is a great performance by England at the minute.. thrashing West Indies but they are without Gayle. I am happy I put £100 on England a few days ago :)

Wright has just scored a cracking 6,his best shot so far

pauldyson1uk

Cracking England win and with 5 overs to spare,good warm up for the first real game on Friday
Wright 75 from 48 balls.
To win a 20/20 inside 15 overs and score 145 runs is excellent ,West Indies were poor but nothing away from England .
Do the same on Friday and Holland will be easy.

zing

Zingle balls

I can't believe you put 100 pounds on England to win. You're strange.

crappycraperson

Scout
Think Aussies will win this now. Their weak point is their bowling, bar Bracken all of their bowlers can go for plenty.

Virtuoso

I went to India-Pakistan at The Oval last night...what a win it was! Great, great day and never could have imagined it was a warm-up match - to win by 9 wickets was emphatic. One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced too, singing and chanting from the tube straight to the stadium and it was a cauldron of noise in The Oval. In Pakistan's innings the banter was fantastic and really intense too, pockets of India and Pakistan fans chanting to eachother - in the India innings it was all us celebrating. The rivalry was clear but it hardly went too far, only a few incidents where the Police had to step in and eject people but overall it was fierce but friendly, some Pakistan fans started leaving early but were shaking our hands and congratulating us on the inevitable win.

The two Sharmas were on top form, brilliant prospects both of them. Ishant's bowling shifted the momentum in our favour and Rohit's batting was immense, didn't even slog but still had an awesome strike rate. Players like Suresh Raina really do make a difference, young and hungry players who build an intensity in the team especially when fielding. I couldn't believe how easily we made the total in the end, celebrating a win with 7-8 overs still to play :) Chants of "That's why we're champions!" as we were leaving topped off a great night :cool:

Sell-out too, 3,000 fans or so turned away at the gates which is incredible when you consider the England-Windies match was pretty much half empty.

zing

Zingle balls
That's class

I've posted a few times on here saying that Rohit's our best prospect even though he's been playing like shit in the other formats

I really hope he steps up his game in the other formats, he has amazing potential

In other news, Symonds has been sent home for yet another alcohol related incident. End of his career, IMO.

crappycraperson

Scout
Big blow to aussies. He was in goodish form as well. Oh well, he can get his full mullah from IPL now.

zing

Zingle balls
I hope England beat Pakistan. That way, we'll meet Pakistan in the super 8s.