T20 World Cup

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If you are as passionate about cricket as football or close enough, then you can not support three international teams.
I'm not tribal at following cricket as I am football.

That may either to do with how we have grown up as cricket fans in the UK where it's usually about admiration of good cricket, ( you will hardly ever find cricket supporters being tribal in the UK ) or the fact I am in an unusual position where I have genuine feelings for various nations due to my circumstances.

Come to think of it I also wanted West Indies to do well in the competition.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Pakistan! Congrats to dumpstar, yassir and the other pak guys here.

Anyway the real cricket is starting soon.

I'm neutral for the Ashes.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Pakistan! Congrats to dumpstar, yassir and the other pak guys here.

Anyway the real cricket is starting soon.

I'm neutral for the Ashes.
Thanks Don. It will be nice to get back to some real cricket. I'm still not a big fan of twenty 20 cricket tbh.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
How is supporting two different clubs different to supporting two different national teams? If someone has genuine connection to both United and Liverpool, why is it not ok to support them both?

If you are as passionate about cricket as football or close enough, then you can not support three international teams.

I know loads of Greek Australians who spent thousands of dollars going to Europe to watch Greece win the European Championship in 04, and then saved up and went back to Germany to watch Australia play in 06.

Clearly there was no lack of passion. People's allegiances to national teams just have a different dynamic to their allegiances to clubs.

And even then, it's no uncommon to see English football fans from places like Colchester or Swindon who passionately follow a Premier League club, even following them home and away, while occasionally attending their local club's matches in League 1.

It happens.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I know loads of Greek Australians who spent thousands of dollars going to Europe to watch Greece win the European Championship in 04, and then saved up and went back to Germany to watch Australia play in 06.

Clearly there was no lack of passion. People's allegiances to national teams just have a different dynamic to their allegiances to clubs.

And even then, it's no uncommon to see English football fans from places like Colchester or Swindon who passionately follow a Premier League club, even following them home and away, while occasionally attending their local club's matches in League 1.

It happens.
I am talking in context of the tribal nature of supporting a football club shown on this forum.

Also supporting both Indian and Pakistan is like supporting two rival teams in the same league, rather than supporting Greece/Australia or one PL and one lower league team.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I am talking in context of the tribal nature of supporting a football club shown on this forum.

Also supporting both Indian and Pakistan is like supporting two rival teams in the same league, rather than supporting Greece/Australia or one PL and one lower league team.
this.

anver

Shart stop

I dont know whether anybody here is supporting both India and Pakistan. Anybody in this thread said so? Not sure. However I did say I supported Sri-Lanka whoever they play. But I do have my sympathies for India. And I support them when they play against other countries.