T20 World Cup

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Thrilled for Pakistan. Peaking just at the right time.

Well deserved victory.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Deserved to win the tournament. Beat SA and Lanka when it mattered - they were probably the two best all round teams and were undefeated.

Something happened to make the team click. Bob Woolmer? Recent situation in Pak? I think Younis definitely played a big part as captain. Some of the lads seemed to grow up and keep their head, Afridi played a big role for the team. Hopefully this kind of ethos comes through and we galvanise as a team a lot more. The likes of Asif should also take a look at today and think he could have been there!

Anyway, the lads did brilliant, responded to the pressure and came good at just the right times. We also used what we had at our disposal well; using our normal bowlers early in the power play, then our spinners to slow the game down, and unleashing Gul when the pressure to get runs was on.

A good day for Pakistan - I think all cricket fans would rather have Pak back on the international scene. Obviously its only T20, a good bit of fun whilst it lasts. The test match scene I'm not too sure about, no cricket and Younis aside there are no real top class batsmen. But that's for another time.

What a tournament!! Afridi should have got player of the tournament!!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm so chuffed, the release of tension after two years of no cricket is palpable. Just came back from screaming "Zindabad!" on the streets of ******* - a nice multi ethnic part of London. Feel sorry for SA and Sri Lankans, they just came across a team, when on form, no one in the world can beat.

amir51

im not even slightly concerned with pak winning this as ive rarely watched more than a couple of matched in the last 4 years.

utd dropping points hurts more and that debacle in rome still pisses me off.
Of course, you don't care now...but in 9 months if India did better, I amsure you will have been a cricket "fan" all along.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Of course, you don't care now...but in 9 months if India did better, I amsure you will have been a cricket "fan" all along.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!
the circus that goes around here over cricket is appalling.

even when india won last year i only saw 3 matches. congrats on you win.

Yassir

I'm so chuffed, the release of tension after two years of no cricket is palpable. Just came back from screaming "Zindabad!" on the streets of ******* - a nice multi ethnic part of London. Feel sorry for SA and Sri Lankans, they just came across a team, when on form, no one in the world can beat.
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!

I am over the moon. Haven't felt this good about cricket since Wasim and Waqar

Went to Southall last night. It was packed. Roadblocks, Amir Khan the boxer in a restaurant waving the Pakistani flag, people standing on phone boxes and buses, fireworks - BUT it was all jovial and even the police were cool about it

anver

Shart stop
Great win. Very happy the Paks showed the world what they are capable of. But feel a bit sorry they hit the peak against us!

P.S. I dont have any excuses to explain our loss. :D

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!

I am over the moon. Haven't felt this good about cricket since Wasim and Waqar

Went to Southall last night. It was packed. Roadblocks, Amir Khan the boxer in a restaurant waving the Pakistani flag, people standing on phone boxes and buses, fireworks - BUT it was all jovial and even the police were cool about it
We were going to come over the Southall but it was too late. Must have been a great atmosphere all night. Good to hear we finally didn't make the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Anver, unlucky mate. Good try. I will say that Angelo's heroic batting tired him out completely. Which, luckily for us, resulted him not being able to get to 'that' catch (though it was tough) and also his bowling was affected as he has a long run up.

This messed up Sangakarra's bowling gameplan, which made it easier for us to target the likes of Udana, who would not normally have bowled the 18th over (stand to be corrected). Obviously there were other shortfalls but this stuck out in my mind as a pretty devastating one for the Lankans.

anver

Shart stop
We were going to come over the Southall but it was too late. Must have been a great atmosphere all night. Good to hear we finally didn't make the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Anver, unlucky mate. Good try. I will say that Angelo's heroic batting tired him out completely. Which, luckily for us, resulted him not being able to get to 'that' catch (though it was tough) and also his bowling was affected as he has a long run up.

This messed up Sangakarra's bowling gameplan, which made it easier for us to target the likes of Udana, who would not normally have bowled the 18th over (stand to be corrected). Obviously there were other shortfalls but this stuck out in my mind as a pretty devastating one for the Lankans.

Pakistan fully deserved to win. About Angelo tiring out. No. He is a professional, and these things do not affect them.

Pakistan planned out a strategy, and it worked beautifully. It was their day.

Yassir

Amen to that; Pakistan needs some good fortune considering all the strife in the country, let alone the cricket.

Inshallah this will lead onto better things for us in terms of cricket games. We need test cricket; I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament but test cricket is what it's all about. I think our bowlers are good enough for test cricket but our batting is woefully short.

zing

Zingle balls
Great win. Very happy the Paks showed the world what they are capable of. But feel a bit sorry they hit the peak against us!

P.S. I dont have any excuses to explain our loss. :D
Eh? You said "our" when talking about the Indian team, "us" again when talking about Sri Lanka? How does that work?

zing

Zingle balls
Because I don't think he actually supports the Indian team and just pretended to.

zing

Zingle balls
Er, explain to me how you can support two different teams in the same sport?

I have a very different definition of 'supporting' from you, I suppose.

Yassir

I couldn't support Liverpool and I certainly couldn't support India, but if England play any other team than Pakistan I will support England.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Anwer is a dual national - Sri Lankan and Indian.

I am also fond of three different nations - India, Pakistan, and England. :D

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

exactly...i hate these twats who support more than one team specially when the team concerned is representing your country.

its understandable for people who live abroad like sultan but the likes of dipper can feck off.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

two of those three can't go together.

imagine one of your parent is from manchester and another from liverpool and you were born in manchester and proclaim yourself as a utd fan going to OT tonnes of time. yet when the scouse reach the champions league final you want them to win and you find yourself celebrating there victory.

does not compute as far as im concerned.

Yassir

two of those three can't go together.

imagine one of your parent is from manchester and another from liverpool and you were born in manchester and proclaim yourself as a utd fan going to OT tonnes of time. yet when the scouse reach the champions league final you want them to win and you find yourself celebrating there victory.

does not compute as far as im concerned.
Mate unless your family have ties to both countries (I assume you mean Pakistan and India?) then how can you say it does not compute?

I personally could never support India but that's because my family are all from Pakistan and I was born there (came to the UK when I was 6 months).

You can't compare nationalities to domestic football teams, it doesn't work that way.

And you come across as really bitter; you could have at least congratulated Pakistan

zing

Zingle balls

I think we just have very different definitions of 'support' then. I don't think you should support more than one team in any sport. I see it like this.. if you're born in Manchester, you don't support both United and City, do you? You choose one. That's how it should be.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
How is supporting two different clubs different to supporting two different national teams? If someone has genuine connection to both United and Liverpool, why is it not ok to support them both?

If you are as passionate about cricket as football or close enough, then you can not support three international teams.

Yassir

How is supporting two different clubs different to supporting two different national teams? If someone has genuine connection to both United and Liverpool, why is it not ok to support them both?

If you are as passionate about cricket as football or close enough, then you can not support three international teams.
Well I can only speak for myself but I passionately support Pakistan but I always want England to win if they're not playing Pakistan. I just don't see what's wrong with that?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Well I can only speak for myself but I passionately support Pakistan but I always want England to win if they're not playing Pakistan. I just don't see what's wrong with that?
nothing is wrong with that.

anver

Shart stop
Seem to have missed out on all the discussions, cos I was out of station last evening.

As I have stated I have dual nationality: Sri-Lankan and Indian. But if these two sides play, I support Sri-Lanka. I was born in SL, educated partly in SL, and am earning my livelihood in SL. My dad was born in India. But he was a staunch SL supporter. When I asked him why. He said that Ceylon, as it was then known, gave him and his family refuge when Indians persecuted them and grabbed all he owned. He never once set his foot in India after he left that land in 1948. But he would send me and the family to see our relations there.

I have maintained and cultivated ties with India and with my relations there; and when I got the chance, I took up dual citizenship of India. I visit India at least thrice a year, spend time with relations and friends.

So, when the Indian side made a mess of the T20 it rankled in my mind. And I find some juveniles accusing me of supporting India and Sri-Lanka both, and then trying to justify their accusation. One of them says "I think we just have very different definitions of 'support' then. I don't think you should support more than one team in any sport." :houllier:

My wife is a scouser. She is an Everton supporter. So, I too support Everton when they play any side other than United. Anything wrong with that?

Merman

exactly...i hate these twats who support more than one team specially when the team concerned is representing your country.

its understandable for people who live abroad like sultan but the likes of dipper can feck off.
Oh feck off, where did I say that I support multiple teams? I don't even support the BCCI cricket team

zing

Zingle balls
Seem to have missed out on all the discussions, cos I was out of station last evening.

As I have stated I have dual nationality: Sri-Lankan and Indian. But if these two sides play, I support Sri-Lanka. I was born in SL, educated partly in SL, and am earning my livelihood in SL. My dad was born in India. But he was a staunch SL supporter. When I asked him why. He said that Ceylon, as it was then known, gave him and his family refuge when Indians persecuted them and grabbed all he owned. He never once set his foot in India after he left that land in 1948. But he would send me and the family to see our relations there.

I have maintained and cultivated ties with India and with my relations there; and when I got the chance, I took up dual citizenship of India. I visit India at least thrice a year, spend time with relations and friends.

So, when the Indian side made a mess of the T20 it rankled in my mind. And I find some juveniles accusing me of supporting India and Sri-Lanka both, and then trying to justify their accusation. One of them says "I think we just have very different definitions of 'support' then. I don't think you should support more than one team in any sport." :houllier:

My wife is a scouser. She is an Everton supporter. So, I too support Everton when they play any side other than United. Anything wrong with that?

I'm not going to reply to this because the crux of your argument seems to be calling people 'juvenile' and 'puerile', every single time.