[Tabloid Rumour] Nani to Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswiss

I think I would reject that.

I would guess it would cost us more to get in a player of similar ability and potential.

K Stand Knut

`This is one of the offers that in FM, I'd be seriously considering whether to sell him or not.

I think he is class but unfortunately he is better on the right handside but just not as good or effective as Valencia on that side.

mY initial thought is to push for £30m+ but probably sell.

mswiss

The thing is we only have giggs for probably another season or so (god i feel like people have been saying that forever)

Once he retires that would leave us dreadfully short on wingers.

dev1l

I (the muppet in me) ve got the feeling that if Ashley Young is available at a cut-price, let's say 14m, and Inter/Juventus offer 28m, Fergie (and the Glazers..) might be tempted to part with Nani.

However most probably it's just the player's agent trying to negotiate a better deal for the player

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think the talk of him wanting to leave because he's not playing the big games is nonsense, personally.

CL final appearance
Start v Barcelona second leg semi-final
Start v Bayern quarter-final x 2
Start v Chelsea second leg quarter-final
Start v Lyon second leg quarter-final
Start v Marseille knockout second leg
Start v Milan knockout second leg
Start v City League Cup semi-final
Start v Liverpool x 2
Start v City FA Cup final
Start v City x 4
Start v Chelsea x 3
Start v Spurs x 5
Start v Arsenal x 4

It's not like we don't trust him in big games, he's just currently not in top form, our other wingers are in very good form and they're more effective against some of the recent big opposition (Chelsea certainly). Nani's improved his defensive game and he's improved his consistency and as long as he continues to do that he'll be more and more reliable to start any game, big games especially, and he'll cement his spot in those sides. We'll always rotate for tactical variety in the big games anyway, it's one of our strengths. If he doesn't like that he'll either have to develop into a really top class player or leave, I guess. I don't think he'd want to leave over something like that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
`This is one of the offers that in FM, I'd be seriously considering whether to sell him or not.

I think he is class but unfortunately he is better on the right handside but just not as good or effective as Valencia on that side.

mY initial thought is to push for £30m+ but probably sell.
He's easily as good as Valencia.

I wouldn't even consider selling him because we are not going to buy a replacement. That kind of money would probably not be made available for transfers anyway, so what's even the point?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Please label these threads so that people don't have a heart attack about the possibility of them being true.

SATA

So we help develop these young players, see them mature into fine footballers then sell them off for profits? What are we becoming? Arse or Spurs? Besides i don't even think Nani is thinking of a move elsewhere

K Stand Knut

He's easily as good as Valencia.

I wouldn't even consider selling him because we are not going to buy a replacement. That kind of money would probably not be made available for transfers anyway, so what's even the point?
I disagree. I think Valencia is a lot more effective on the right than Nani is. Valencia keeps possession far better and tends to have a much higher work rate meaning that he provides a lot more support in front of the RB than Nani does.

Thanks for the update though, Malcolm. Glad to know that you're still on the Caf.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I think the talk of him wanting to leave because he's not playing the big games is nonsense, personally.

CL final appearance
Start v Barcelona second leg semi-final
Start v Bayern quarter-final x 2
Start v Chelsea second leg quarter-final
Start v Lyon second leg quarter-final
Start v Marseille knockout second leg
Start v Milan knockout second leg
Start v City League Cup semi-final
Start v Liverpool x 2
Start v City FA Cup final
Start v City x 4
Start v Chelsea x 3
Start v Spurs x 5
Start v Arsenal x 4

It's not like we don't trust him in big games, he's just currently not in top form, our other wingers are in very good form and they're more effective against some of the recent big opposition (Chelsea certainly). Nani's improved his defensive game and he's improved his consistency and as long as he continues to do that he'll be more and more reliable to start any game, big games especially, and he'll cement his spot in those sides. We'll always rotate for tactical variety in the big games anyway, it's one of our strengths. If he doesn't like that he'll either have to develop into a really top class player or leave, I guess. I don't think he'd want to leave over something like that.
To be fair though, you would have to factor in how many of those games he was our only option on the right- ie how many Valencia and/or Park were out.

The only way we will sell him though is if he wants to go. THe lads threatening to turn into a world class player

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I disagree. I think Valencia is a lot more effective on the right than Nani is. Valencia keeps possession far better and tends to have a much higher work rate meaning that he provides a lot more support in front of the RB than Nani does.

Thanks for the update though, Malcolm. Glad to know that you're still on the Caf.
I meant we are not going to buy a replacement for that kind of money that is being touted, I messed that post up.

As for Valencia v Nani comparison, Nani's much more of a goal threat, Valencia's link up play is probably better but they are different types of player. Nani's more of a game winner, Valencia's a team player.

beardsleybob

Seems people have very short memories. Nani is an essential part of the team, one of our best attacking players, if not the best. Carried us for most of the season, so it's understandable that he's rested after busting a lung to get us goals and assists. He is genuinely world class, no exaggerations necessary to put him up with the best players in the world. I wouldn't sell him for anywhere near £27m. He'd cost closer to Kaka money in this current market. And why weaken ourselves when we're building a formidable squad.

K Stand Knut

I meant we are not going to buy a replacement for that kind of money that is being touted, I messed that post up.
Again, I disagree. I think that there are players available for that price what would be more effective on the left anyway. I also think that we have played our best football at the back end of the season with our 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation with Rooney and Valencia as the players that tuck in when we don't have the ball but then provide the width / attacking options when we do have the ball. Something, which I do not think Nani does as well, especially on the left.

I feel your pain - you should have seen me trying to put my point across when the I was discussing the Owen tweet last week. Truly amazing how much I fecked it up

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Again, I disagree. I think that there are players available for that price what would be more effective on the left anyway. I also think that we have played our best football at the back end of the season with our 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation with Rooney and Valencia as the players that tuck in when we don't have the ball but then provide the width / attacking options when we do have the ball. Something, which I do not think Nani does as well, especially on the left.

I feel your pain - you should have seen me trying to put my point across when the I was discussing the Owen tweet last week. Truly amazing how much I fecked it up
You made a right pigs ear of that!! ;)

I wouldn't sell Nani this summer. No way!

He's a very valuable player to our team, and over the past two seasons has been one of our most consistent attackers.

buckooo1978

why on earth would we want to sell nani

he was our players player of the year this season
he doesnt seem unsettled

why would we weaken our team by selling him??

bullshit thread based on tabloid bullshit

cj_sparky

:lol: £27m for Nani :lol:

Nani > Bale.

If Monkey Boy Bale is worth at least £40m, then Nani is surely worth more.

Besides he is an important part of our squad and I don't believe he'll be going any way.

Saliph

Why on earth are people here discussing this?

Knee-jerk muppets.

K Stand Knut

You made a right pigs ear of that!! ;)

I wouldn't sell Nani this summer. No way!

He's a very valuable player to our team, and over the past two seasons has been one of our most consistent attackers.
And you were the first to respond to all of my terribly written posts that day. Stop following me!!!! ;)

I appreciate his value but I think he has dropped a level since Valencia came back because he is not playing in his best and natural position. I think we'd do well to get over £30m for him if we are actually looking to or willing to sell him

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
weird that so many of your lot are non-plussed about him going. I doubt you'd have won the league with a lesser player there. Imo, he's been your most potent attacking threat this season.

I'll be delighted to see him go to Italy.

Eugenius

Why is anyone actually considering this?

In a 4-4-2 it's going to be Nani on the left, Valencia on the right in 75% of games. He's our most productive winger.

And let's sell him for £27m...we won't get anyone decent enough for that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To be fair though, you would have to factor in how many of those games he was our only option on the right- ie how many Valencia and/or Park were out.

The only way we will sell him though is if he wants to go. THe lads threatening to turn into a world class player
True, I was going to mention that but I was rather making the point that Nani has been trusted to play, it's not like he's seen as a liability, it's just that there are two players that we possibly trust more on the wing ahead of him in such games. And that's not much of a slight on Nani because they are two of our most trustworthy and reliable performers in the squad not just in his position. Even at that, Nani's sheer individual quality and performance level is making him extremely hard to drop and I do think there's a good chance that there will be a time when he's too good to be left out, no matter what. Up to him to reach that level. There's no way we're going to push him out of the club.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Giggs is going to retire in another season. After that Nani is going to start all the big games on the left wing. He is going to be even more mature in another year and it will help him.

Kelvin

why the feck would we want to sell Nani and why would he want to join juventus who are in free-fall, bloody joke.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Are some of you on drugs?? why the feck would anyone even consider selling Nani let alone for such a laughable fee as that!??! Nanis been as good a player as anyone for us this season according to our own players hes been THE best, hes a fantastic player and in a market where Andy shocking Carroll goes for 35 million im genuinely disturbed some people even consider this logical.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
IF we could get Bale then I would consider it for £30m or so.

Bale is ridiculously underrated on here, and overrated by the media. He may not be Messi but he has been one of the best wingers in the league this season, can put in the work defensively, score goals, and is young and british.

There are some players that simply seem to "fit" in Man Utd, you can visualise them in our team, Bale is one of those players for me.

ALX8725

reyalP maeT htuoY
Take Me Home, United Road. To The Place I Belong,
I wouldn't sell him but having both Nani and Valencia is becoming a bit of a (good) problem. Both are best utilised on the right...with a flair player like Nani, you'd definitely want him to always play in his best position.

I really hope that we use both of them in the final against Barca...but I don't think it is going to happen.

AttackingFlair

I can't believe some of you would want to sell him and on top buy Ashley Young? Jesus christ!

Complete Bollocks

We wouldn't sell one of our best players this season
And he wouldn't want to take such a step down imo

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
What a ridiculous suggestion! Let's sell the only player we have who can beat a man either side from a standing start and then power in a shot with either foot from anywhere within 30 yards!

Nani is one of the very few top notch genuine flair players left in the game, we should be trying to get more like him, rather than sell the only one we have!

Yes, he is inconsistent, unpredictable and often frustrating, but players of his type usually are. Look at Giggs, even today he can still be frustrating at times, but when he is on song he is close to unplayable, just like Nani. Players such as those do take risks during matches, but only because they are constantly capable of producing something special that can win a game.

Such unpredictability is a quality that should be coveted more in the modern game imo, and at the very least, the value of having a player with the talent to spontaneously bemuse the opposition should never be underestimated.

humdinger

No way should we sell him. He carried us in the first half of the season, enough so that he's just been voted players' player of the year despite his form dropping lately, is progressing fantastically and one of our few players who can produce a moment of pure magic to win a match. Yet some people are suggesting we ship him out and replace him with Gareth Bale? We were up in arms when Bale won PFA player of the year after having done nothing for several months, yet now we want to get rid of one of our most creative and talented players and get Bale instead. I'm not knocking Bale or saying he wouldn't be a good addition to our squad, but certainly not at Nani's expense.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
No way should we sell him. He carried us in the first half of the season, enough so that he's just been voted players' player of the year despite his form dropping lately, is progressing fantastically and one of our few players who can produce a moment of pure magic to win a match. Yet some people are suggesting we ship him out and replace him with Gareth Bale? We were up in arms when Bale won PFA player of the year after having done nothing for several months, yet now we want to get rid of one of our most creative and talented players and get Bale instead. I'm not knocking Bale or saying he wouldn't be a good addition to our squad, but certainly not at Nani's expense.
I think the Bale comparison must be coming from the notion that Bale would be more natural on the left than Nani. That may well be true, but imo he is nowhere near as skillful. Bale's best and most dangerous attribute is his pace, but if that aspect of his play is nullified by he then loses most of his threat.

Nani too has pace, but also possesses many more equally dangerous attributes. His dribbling and shooting with either foot make him a nightmare for the opposition to deal with.

I'm not knocking Bale either, i agree he would be a good acquisition, but not at the expense of Nani. In fact i might be being greedy but i would like SAF to have the option of choosing from either Park, Nani, Valencia or Bale! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.