[Tactics discussion]4-5-1 vs 4-4-2 vs 4-5-1 Bayern style

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Okay, we've probably played three formations this season being 4-5-1 with Rooney on top as the key to big games while 4-4-2 vs small teams.

To make my point, I just want to say that 4-5-1 Bayern style 1st half has been our best tactic and has produced probably our best football with our Ronaldo.

Reason:
1. We have 2 players running around and forcing the error high upfield ala Fletch/Gibson which was superb, we hit them on the counter and Nani and Valencia had space to operate which resulted in three goals.
2. Even though Carrick has been poor form, the 4-5-1 Bayern style suits him the best as he doesn't need to run upfield that much since he's so slow and he just has to layback and make things happen.
3. Even though Rooney was totally unfit, he just passed the ball around spraying them to the wingers and it was just easy for him.
4. Our defenders played a lot higher so when their forwards popped up we can simply cut the ball and start our game at a higher position.

Well, it's unlikely to happen in every game and certainly uses a lot of stamina, but i'm pretty sure that we have the players who can do this, and I'm sure for me... this is our ultimate tactic and we should play like this as much as possible.

Well, how about you guys, what do you think is our best tactics that suit us, I didn't really like the Blackburn game today where Gibson was just playing too deep and wasn't pressing like the Bayern game, but credit to Blackburn, they are good at heading and it made us sit back.