Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It's not really that strange, a 2 year loan is almost like a mini transfer, it gives Bremen plenty of incentive to keep playing him knowing he'll be there a decent amount of time.
Yep and it's gives him to develop, because we are talking about a 20 year old, who has never played regularly in a profesional league.
Due to Corona Werder has a minus about 30m, so most of the Rashica money will go there and we would have a "cheap signing" for the next 2 years at least. And maybe United will have a good talent after this time.

It's not really that strange, a 2 year loan is almost like a mini transfer, it gives Bremen plenty of incentive to keep playing him knowing he'll be there a decent amount of time.
It is a little strange given its very uncommon.

It does give the Germans an incentive to develop the player, it’s perhaps not a great message from Utd to say that he won’t be ready to come back for 2 years at least.

Let’s hope he grasps this as an opportunity.

Alemar

And what would be a normal fee for a 2-year-loan? Should cost several million perhaps

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It is a little strange given its very uncommon.

It does give the Germans an incentive to develop the player, it’s perhaps not a great message from Utd to say that he won’t be ready to come back for 2 years at least.

Let’s hope he grasps this as an opportunity.
Its uncommon in the UK, but happens a fair bit in Europe.

SAFMUTD

I think a 2 year loan is a great deal, Werder Bremen would have something to look into by developing Chong so its more likely he gets minutes if loaned for 2 years instead of 1. Anyway I dont think in 1 year Chong will be ready to challenge for a starting spot so 2 years seems great.

Also if he works out but not quite to make it here we have a potential buyer in them. I've always thought that better than loaning we should sell with a buyback clause, that way the other club has a geniune interest in developing the player. Different when is a loan, specially for youngsters, the team hardly wants to pay for the inexperience winning feck nothing and just giving see the player they developed for a year leave.

In that cases the only way the loan works is that the youngster is already good enough to be starting for that club, if not then he would most likely get no minutes as we've seen on multiple ocasions.

Last edited:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I think a 2 year loan is a great deal, Wolfsburg would have something to look into by developing Chong so its more likely he gets minutes if loaned for 2 years instead of 1. Anyway I dont think in 1 year Chong will be ready to challenge for a starting spot so 2 years seems great.

Also if he works out but not quite to make it here we have a potential buyer in them. I've always thought that better than loaning we should sell with a buyback clause, that way the other club has a geniune interest in developing the player. Different when is a loan, specially for youngsters, the team hardly wants to pay for the inexperience winning feck nothing and just giving see the player they developed for a year leave.

In that cases the only way the loan works is that the youngster is already good enough to be starting for that club, if not then he would most likely get no minutes as we've seen on multiple ocasions.
You know that Werder and Wolfsburg are two different clubs, even if they have both a Green W in their badge? :(

-Supreme-

We can renew his contract next season as well in the middle of his loan.
We need his commitment before allowing him to go. If he doesn’t sign during his loan then he’d have a year left on his contract.

Personally I’d send James on loan instead and give his mins to Chong

khoazany

Doubt it will be 2 years. Breman has been struggled to stay up in Bundesliga. Us or Chong wouldn't want relegation risk.

A loan is what he needs. LASK was possibly his best game for us, he was trying the right things, but he was still getting a lot wrong. I would think a 2 year loan would end up with a purchase. I'd be amazed if he makes it here.

Mark Pawelek

Bremen have a very large (40 of them) international squad (50% foreign) with players from every corner of the world, 13 of them under-21, and another 3 actually 21. Half that squad were new this season, 10 of them loanees; all from German clubs. They, basically, have a massive squad turnover. Normally get all their players from inside Germany, so this loan is a new adventure for them. Maybe they looked at how well Dortmund did bringing in foreign players? The state of Bremen is in Northwest Germany, bordering Holland. Despite that, they currently have no Dutch players in their squad. Their top player: left-winger Milot Rashica exits this summer; leaving them only 1 left-winger in the giant squad: Oscar Schönfelder - German U19.

Chong definitely put himself in a very competitive squad. It's likely he'll start for them if he's remotely good enough; Bremen clearly think he is.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've been thinking lately that two year loans should be something that we start looking into for the players that we think have the talent but don't expect to be ready for a while. Garner was the one I was mostly thinking of, but Chong is a good example as well. Gives the team a real reason to play them consistently and look to develop them, and also gives the player some stability instead of going to a different team each year.

Obviously we would have a recall option after the first year if he's either not working out there or has perhaps outgrown them and needs to step up another level (whether back to us or a loan to a stronger team). In the latter case we'd certainly have to give the team a bit of a fee to compensate breaking the loan, but in the former hopefully the two teams would agree on it for no charge (if they start holding youngsters back and not playing them teams will stop loaning them players).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Chong's 3 years older than Mejbri, to be fair.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Bild article (behind a paywall) says, that United wants, that Bremen has to pay the full wage of Chong. They are saying, he is earning 2,8m (wtf?).
Think our best earner is getting around a wage like this. Don't think we will pay this wage for a young talent, who nearly never played in a top league so far.

Bild article (behind a paywall) says, that United wants, that Bremen has to pay the full wage of Chong. They are saying, he is earning 2,8m (wtf?).
Think our best earner is getting around a wage like this. Don't think we will pay this wage for a young talent, who nearly never played in a top league so far.
Depends on how you look at it, do you not expect to pay a fee for getting a good young prospect for 2 years?

If you pretend you are paying a loan fee of £2m and wages 1.8m pa does that make it more palatable?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Depends on how you look at it, do you not expect to pay a fee for getting a good young prospect for 2 years?

If you pretend you are paying a loan fee of £2m and wages 1.8m pa does that make it more palatable?
Of course a loan fee is fine. But every club has a wage structure and if your best players like Rashica, Klaassen earning around 3m, so it's not possible to explain to these players, that a young talent is getting nearly the same money. Probably 50:50 would be a more realistic option.

At the end Werder is developing a talent and United will benefit of it. Of course some million are still money for United, but we know how rich United is and hopefully this deal will not collapse due to this.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Werder is travelling to their trainings camp Friday evening, so it would be very good, if he can travel there too.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he can develop and show in the seniors anything close to what he was at in the youth setup then he’ll be a good player. I know these things aren’t linear but if he can stay confident and he gets stronger then he’s got bags of potential to realise.

0le

That is just under £54k per week. It does sound a tad high given our previous experience with the contract we gave to Januzaj. It also does not seem to match with the reports regarding the contract we offered Gomes worth about £30k per week. I find it difficult to believe that the club offered nearly double the salary to Chong when he, like Gomes, was arguably at a similar place within the squad. I'd say the salary is probably something closer to 30-40k per week but it is a pure guess.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
its crazy that a player like chong is getting 30k a week and that's seen as a minimal amount. Madness

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he is earning that much, he probably is one of exceptional talents. Let's hope he realizes his potential.

Number32

Of course a loan fee is fine. But every club has a wage structure and if your best players like Rashica, Klaassen earning around 3m, so it's not possible to explain to these players, that a young talent is getting nearly the same money. Probably 50:50 would be a more realistic option.

At the end Werder is developing a talent and United will benefit of it. Of course some million are still money for United, but we know how rich United is and hopefully this deal will not collapse due to this.
If you only saw him as young talent rather than a player who will plays a major role, then you should back off. He needs playing time as much as your best players will.

United can develop young talents better, we won't get benefit from this loan move. Obviously it's for the sake of Chong and Werder, his talent is still raw but this guy is being watched by big clubs like Inter, Juve, and Barca.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hopefully they actually stay up next year so he has his second year in the Bundesliga as well (or United can recall him otherwise). Bremen only stayed up on away goals in the relegation playoff this year.

Stepney73

its crazy that a player like chong is getting 30k a week and that's seen as a minimal amount. Madness
deffo

he‘s nowhere near the level needed for a top club and I don’t think he ever will be.

A Dutch Chris Eagles.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Latest news, that it's just a 1-year-loan. Hopefully enough time to adapt to the Level and the league.

Looks like everything is agreed. Already left the United camp and will travel to Bremen today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Latest news, that it's just a 1-year-loan. Hopefully enough time to adapt to the Level and the league.

Looks like everything is agreed. Already left the United camp and will travel to Bremen today.
Good luck to him, I hope he ends up having a good season, he’s very talented and there’s a reason he’s considered one of the best players in the academy. Also good luck to you, you’re going to have to put up with RedCafe posters asking you about 30 times a day how he’s doing :lol:

Infestissumam

very happy with this. Bremen should be a really good landing spot for him. Hope this one works out for everybody.

izec

I don't rate him, based on his senior performances here. Hope he makes it there, will need some time at the start. I will be watching here or there to see how he does

Status
Not open for further replies.