Tahith Chong

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We have some good players in there who were with the U18s last year. Gribbin, Buffonge and Boonen are all pretty good IMO.
Gribbin appears to have stalled over the last year or so, and I don’t see the other two as really being touted as first team hopefuls.

The likes of Gomes, Chong and O’Conner seem the real hopefuls at the moment, although things can of course change.

datura

Very good player. The Gomes news instantly made me think of Chong as he's the one I've got earmarked to make the breakthrough. He'll instantly have a fanbase if he gets playing time in the first squad.
Probably more likely to have an impact on the first team earlier then Gomes as he’s more physically developed (speed and height) and plays in a problem position for the first team

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Gribbin appears to have stalled over the last year or so, and I don’t see the other two as really being touted as first team hopefuls.

The likes of Gomes, Chong and O’Conner seem the real hopefuls at the moment, although things can of course change.
Roshaun was bossing u21s as a first year scholar. He is a top talent.

The three of those should be in the u23s too. They are wasting their time at u18s. Chong is understandable as he is just coming back but they already were too good for the level last year. They could easily stall just like Gribbin.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He had a huge injury.

Have you seen much of the U23s? Buffonge is really good, think he's got every chance of making it here, as much as anyone else listed. Roshaun Williams is our best prospect IMO, although he too had an injury. U23s has a selection of very good players, just has a lot more filler players, we're more focused on developing a smaller number of high quality talents.

Utdstar01

He had a huge injury.

Have you seen much of the U23s? Buffonge is really good, think he's got every chance of making it here, as much as anyone else listed. Roshaun Williams is our best prospect IMO, although he too had an injury. U23s has a selection of very good players, just has a lot more filler players, we're more focused on developing a smaller number of high quality talents.
I really like Buffonge! Cracking little player. Just needs to keep progressing.

AltiUn

I really like Buffonge! Cracking little player. Just needs to keep progressing.
Yeah, I think he's my favourite academy player at the moment, I hope he gets a chance in the future.

Utdstar01

Yeah, I think he's my favourite academy player at the moment, I hope he gets a chance in the future.
Quite a versatile player in a positional sense too! I'm excited to see him strike up that great understanding he had with Gomes in the U23s now :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He had a huge injury.

I don’t watch the U23s because they are awful to watch.

I’m aware that Gribbin and Roshaun have been injured, but that is just tough luck. These players haven’t proven anything yet, and sadly, a bad injury could derail it. I’ve heard the same about James Wilson in the past - saying Roshaun is our biggest talent when he has done little of note for a very long time is premature I think. He needs to show it again. People had him ahead of Axel before, not now.

Buffonge is a player I like, I just think playing for United is a different thing. The reality is, a very small amount will play here, and I can’t say Buffonge is really being touted as one of them.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I’m aware that Gribbin and Roshaun have been injured, but that is just tough luck. These players haven’t proven anything yet, and sadly, a bad injury could derail it. I’ve heard the same about James Wilson in the past - saying Roshaun is our biggest talent when he has done little of note for a very long time is premature I think. He needs to show it again. People had him ahead of Axel before, not now.
By that same logic Chong has been out injured too and hasn't proven anything.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
By that same logic Chong has been out injured too and hasn't proven anything.
He hasn’t. But he’s back now, and playing at least as well as he was before - so we can now continue rating him as we did before the injury.

What I have less time for is people saying how promising James Wilson or Will Keane was is because of what he did before the injury. I appreciate how unfortunate it is, but players either return like Chong is doing or like Wilson has done. If Chong looked a shadow of his former self, harsh as it is, I wouldn’t declare him a First-team hopeful again until he played like one. He’d just be one of the many promising players whose potential was stolen by injury. Thankfully, it doesn’t look to be the case. I can’t say that about Roshaun or Gribbin, until I can.

Mr PG

This kid is the real deal. Coming from someone who earmarked Rashford before he joined the first team. Chong will be an exceptional player and has the self belief

Ephrem

Chong will be in the first team squad by the end of next season...

We have lots of talent coming up...Can't really choose between Gomes , Chong, O'Connor , Greenwood,Barlow and new additions Traore and Puligmal !!!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Our Guillit :drool:

I've seen little of him admittedly, but I don't think I've been this excited for one of our youth talents before this guy.

Seems to have the foundation already at his age to be an absolute monster.

Litch

U18's were a great watch last seasons as they are this one. It's strange as usually the idea is having all the clubs teams to have the same DNA but I wish the first team had the U18's DNA as the are exciting to watch and have 4-5 really good young talents. The young lad Traore already looks right up there. As said, the U23's whilst improved a bit, are not a good watch....

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Probably because you admitted to not even watching them play.
Recently. But others have. And nobody is saying that they should get a first team shot. If they were, I’d probably bother to watch. The reality is that most people seem to want to see the younger Gomes in the squad before Gribbin. Just how many of them do you think is going to make it?

AltiUn

So, how has he been playing for United. Always liked him at Feyenoord.
He played pretty well last season but got an injury which kept him out until after this season began, since he's been back he's been great, definitely one of the best kids in the academy at the moment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Think he'll be breaking into the first team before long. He's looks a frightening prospect with pace and technical ability in abundance. Always looking for the ball even in tight spaces.

Hopefully he can steer clear of anymore bad injuries because I believe he has it all..

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Think he'll be breaking into the first team before long. He's looks a frightening prospect with pace and technical ability in abundance. Always looking for the ball even in tight spaces.

Hopefully he can steer clear of anymore bad injuries because I believe he has it all..
Imagine how much faster he will be him by chopping that ridiculous hair off. Plus I can imagine what defenders at a wet Tuesday at Stoke will do to him with that mullet.

Womp

idiot
What position does he play? He looks quite big to be a technical winger. Is he more a Bale type, or a Nani?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What position does he play? He looks quite big to be a technical winger. Is he more a Bale type, or a Nani?
He's a direct player with good acceleration and impressive close control when he's dribbling. Constantly looking for the ball and going at the opposition using his dribbling skills in a very direct way. I wouldn't say he's a Nani type but maybe some parallels could be made with Bale.

Swift Football

He looks really good and pretty well rounded skills. Looking at the clips of some of his games, he certainly looks little raw to be thrown into the first team just yet. He seems to have good physique and technical ability which is good.

Hopefully, he stays injury free and make a jump to the first team. In last 4-5 years, some of our youngsters who look to be on form and looked ready to jump into first team have suffered horrible injuries and derailed their career. I hope Chong remains injury free and make it here.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Damn, was hoping that he's been selected in the United squad for Derby when I saw this thread bumped.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Damn, was hoping that he's been selected in the United squad for Derby when I saw this thread bumped.
Same :(

A part of me wishes he was a center midfielder. Not because of how he plays, just so we could say we have the next Ruud Gullit in the middle with that hair :drool:

KevinJoh

He still did not sign his pro contract or I have missed that? Weird if so since Gomes, Barlow and Traore signed and all are younger that him. Maybe cause of injurie, but since he is 18 already we should not wait too long. Hopefully I just missed the news about that.

jb8521

He still did not sign his pro contract or I have missed that? Weird if so since Gomes, Barlow and Traore signed and all are younger that him. Maybe cause of injurie, but since he is 18 already we should not wait too long. Hopefully I just missed the news about that.
He has signed it the club just don't usually announce them the way they have recently for Gomes, Barlow and Traore

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The academy is starting to look really strong again! A few of these lads could potentially be really top players for us. Our youth recruitment seems to be ramping up making quality signings. I’d love to see a really exciting young team come through and win stuff for us again. Is it possible? Time will tell just how talented they are, it mostly depends on if we have a manager who would be prepared to attempt that approach.

Womp

idiot
The academy is starting to look really strong again! A few of these lads could potentially be really top players for us. Our youth recruitment seems to be ramping up making quality signings. I’d love to see a really exciting young team come through and win stuff for us again. Is it possible? Time will tell just how talented they are, it mostly depends on if we have a manager who would be prepared to attempt that approach.
Mctomminay is getting a proper chance and some of the kids we have coming through look far more talented than he is. If they're good enough they'll make it.