Tahith Chong

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
injuries happen. It is how you react.

We have a top team of professionals around him.
Of course. Long term injuries at a crucial age can have serious concequences though, so many big talents have become nothing because of them. Seems a strong lad, both physically and mentally, I'm sure he'll come back strong.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just came on my recommended YouTube videos so thought I'd share...

Jaybomb

He certainly looks the part.

Looks like a young Ruud Gullit. I think we have a superstar here.

Dante

Average bang
There's something a bit van Persie-esque about him (when he was a young, pacey winger). I'm not being racist because they both happen to be Dutch. They have a similar touch and dribbling technique.

snk123

Was hoping to see him this season. Hoping he recovers well from his injury. Technically he is good - goes on the outside way too much though. Basically Persic with a better cross and a little more.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
There's something a bit van Persie-esque about him (when he was a young, pacey winger). I'm not being racist because they both happen to be Dutch. They have a similar touch and dribbling technique.
I doubt anybody would accuse you of such! :lol:

Mr PG

I'm convinced Tahith is good enough to start for the senior team if he was physically developed enough. Just needs to fill up a little bit and will be a superstar.

ROFLUTION

Play him in Fellaini's 31 shirt and confuse the shit out of the opponent with dribbles and skills :drool:

I'm convinced Tahith is good enough to start for the senior team if he was physically developed enough. Just needs to fill up a little bit and will be a superstar.
I was very impressed. There was a game at O.T. which he started on the bench and I was very disappointed. He came on to score a cracking goal iirc. He was my favorite, Gomes notwithstanding. Like everyone, I'm hoping like mad for a full recovery.

khoazany

So he's actually good? Somehow every match I saw him play he was fairly average. I was definitely more impressed by Gomes
Think he's been good but not as impressive as Gomes and Buffonge. He had a lot of assists tho before his injury.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shame about that injury, he was looking like he could become our Leroy Sane.

Let's hope it won't have effected him too badly.

Mickson

Strangely underrated it seems. He's so, so good. Maybe better than Gomes, although great to have them both.. hope he's okey by the way, didn't look too good when he got injured today.

Sid234

Really sucks that he got injured again. Was starting to get back to where he was before his last injury. I really hope he doesn't go the way of Davide Petrucci

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wasn’t that impressed last season, but must admit that since his return, he has really made an impression on me.

We haven’t had a proper talented young winger for a while now. It’s an area where football is probably available in the first team too, with such little options. Perhaps if Chong was about a year older, I could see him getting the odd run out here and there, as we presently don’t rotate too much in attack as we barely have anyone.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Strangely underrated it seems. He's so, so good. Maybe better than Gomes, although great to have them both.. hope he's okey by the way, didn't look too good when he got injured today.
That's high praise, hope both make it. We need another batch of top class youngsters.

jb8521

I think one of the most impressive things about him is his mentality. Quite similar to Rashford and Giggs in that even if the team is playing poorly or its a big game he doesn't let it get to him and just plays his normal game and he has that type of bravery that Fergie loved where his first instinct is always to go at players and if he gets kicked or it doesn't work he'll just pick up the ball again and go at them again. His ability to keep the ball glued to his foot and drift past tackles at top speed is already top class. Would love to see him get a chance with the seniors because he seems like the type of lad who would thrive under pressure.

Mickson

That's high praise, hope both make it. We need another batch of top class youngsters.
Let's hope I'm right!

I think one of the most impressive things about him is his mentality. Quite similar to Rashford and Giggs in that even if the team is playing poorly or its a big game he doesn't let it get to him and just plays his normal game and he has that type of bravery that Fergie loved where his first instinct is always to go at players and if he gets kicked or it doesn't work he'll just pick up the ball again and go at them again. His ability to keep the ball glued to his foot and drift past tackles at top speed is already top class. Would love to see him get a chance with the seniors because he seems like the type of lad who would thrive under pressure.
Pretty much this. Fast adapter aswell, pretty much looked like a great player from day one. His speed with the ball at his feet is insane. Someone compared him with Leroy Sané, and that's a pretty good comparison.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Very good player. The Gomes news instantly made me think of Chong as he's the one I've got earmarked to make the breakthrough. He'll instantly have a fanbase if he gets playing time in the first squad.

SwedishFish

Looked lively last weekend at The Cliff against Liverpool, one of the few players of this U-18's batch that should have a realistic chance of making first team appearances.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looked lively last weekend at The Cliff against Liverpool, one of the few players of this U-18's batch that should have a realistic chance of making first team appearances.
Looked a threat everytime he got the ball in the Youth Cup game against Derby.
He really does suit Jose's counterattacking style

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems all real hopefuls are in the U18s, while the 23s are just wasting everyone’s time tbh.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems all real hopefuls are in the U18s, while the 23s are just wasting everyone’s time tbh.
We have some good players in there who were with the U18s last year. Gribbin, Buffonge and Boonen are all pretty good IMO.