Take points off City or Livrpool

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Simple choice.....
If there is one good performance in the team would you rather it comes at City or at home to Liverpool in a few weeks. (PL)

I'd prefer to take a win against Liverpool. I really don't want Klopp winning anything else.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Both. We have a better chance against the scousers though. They seem more beatable. City keep the ball much better than anyone els.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Simple choice.....
If there is one good performance in the team would you rather it comes at City or at home to Liverpool in a few weeks. (PL)

I'd prefer to take a win against Liverpool. I really don't want Klopp winning anything else.
How about if it’s to stop city winning another treble?? It’s possible they do that. I’d hate them to win 2 trebles. If the scousers win another prem they’ve still only won 2 PL. but they match us in titles. City could go 1 better by winning 2 consecutive trebles. Won’t hear the end of that

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Given that choice it is always Liverpool. It’s a much bigger rivalry, they aren’t a fraudulent operation and hence it means significantly more.

Granted City’s recent success is getting a bit absurd so we need Arsenal to step up this year.

justsomebloke

Simple choice.....

At this stage I'm really more minded to put a dent in City's dynasty. Even if it's Klopp benefiting.

Red00012

At this stage I'm really more minded to put a dent in City's dynasty. Even if it's Klopp benefiting.
They’ll do that themselves with the charges. They’ll be stripped of every title this season if charges are brought before the end of the season

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

SirAF

Ageist
Obviously we need and want as many points as possible. But if it is a straight choice then I always want City to win instead of Liverpool - easy.

foolsgold

If I had to pick I'd got for Liverpool in the cup. I don't think we're making the top 4, but if we can make it out the season with some silverware that's a win. Basically I'm all about the cup at this point .

AndySmith1990

Can't wait until the day we don't have to ponder questions like these. We've become such an underdog with a losing mentality thanks to the constant lowering of standards by shit managers.

Coxy

City

Liverpool are a proper team.

I don’t want City getting another treble, there will be no debate about which is the greatest team ever etc etc. and I have no faith that any charges will be brought against them (at least that are actually harsh / will stick)

MrWilliams

City without thinking twice. Pool is the bigger rival but I could not stand City doing 4-Prems in a row and possibly back to back trebles.

I’d rather Arsenal win the league (even though my footie group chats would be unbearable) but I’m fine with Pool taking it. Klopp is gone at the end of the season and I believe SJR will get the right people to turn United’s ship around. Within a few years we should be back challenging for titles.

I would have preferred Pool won the league two seasons ago to stop City going back to back in the Prem. Once they went back to back then 3 in a row was almost inevitable.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool every time

city are going to lose some of their silverware when the great cleansing happens so I’m not too worried about their plastic run

could you imagine scousers if they win? They are likely in my opinion to win the league too “Klopp won a treble/quadruple in his last season! Best manager ever”

bringbackbebe

City. I don't want them to win the league. Liverpool/Arsenal are hard working clubs and they deserve it if they win it. Can't say the same with City.

Last edited:

bringbackbebe

Have a word with yourself
We as United fans believe City will be punished, docked points, relegated etc. If the league does that, they will be shooting themselves in the foot and harming their own reputation. Doing this to clubs like Everton and Forest barely makes a difference to viewership but to the treble winners, oh my! Good if justice prevails, but I don't expect it. The way we overcome them is by beating them in football and in a sense, pretty much all 3 of United, Arsenal and Liverpool are fighting against City or the "idea of City" so we can start fighting with each other again, fairly.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We as United fans believe City will be punished, docked points, relegated etc. If the league does that, they will be shooting themselves in the foot and harming their own reputation. Doing this to clubs like Everton and Forest barely makes a difference to viewership but to the treble winners, oh my! Good if justice prevails, but I don't expect it. The way we overcome them is by beating them in football and in a sense, pretty much all 3 of United, Arsenal and Liverpool are fighting against City or the "idea of City" so we can start fighting with each other again, fairly.
IF they don’t punish city but do other teams then they are open to getting sued. Especially if one of the other teams is relegated. They are not going to get caught out like that, there has to be consistency

tomaldinho1

The only time this would be relevant is if we're at the end of the season and Liverpool will win the league if we beat City. I'd happily just let City win if that were the case.

It will be interesting if Arsenal stay the course, we have them last game...would rather they won than either Pool or City.

Hughes35

Simple choice.....

Liverpool and it's not even close

RedRocket9908

I'd have to say Liverpool myself, if we drop points to City its pretty meaningless and their fans will stop bragging and move on after a couple of days where as if we drop points to Liverpool their fans will bang on about it constantly until at least the next time we play them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Liverpool.

But then, If you offered to me right now we beat City in the league, Liverpool in the Cup and then lose to them in the League, I'd take that.