TalkSport now..

ralphie88

Apparently, all supporters who get removed from the ground through anti Glazer chantings will lose there season tickets as well !! Might be a good time to be in the lawyer trade in Manchester.
It won't be the first or the last time that the Glazers have to pay out of court settlements to fans for their flagrant disregard for the law.

misterredmist

Jeeez.. got talksport on. Apparently, all supporters who get removed from the ground through anti Glazer chantings will lose there season tickets as well !! Might be a good time to be in the lawyer trade in Manchester.

Can't say i noticed anyone being turfed out near me or in the Stretty, though
I suppose if I'm watching the action most of the time I would'nt -

however, they can't seriously chuck anybody out for the anti-Glazer chanting can they? what happened to the old freedom of speech? besides the fact that the stadium would end up pretty near empty....at least the chants gave the stadium a more constant atmosphere than normal.....

if anyone has been turfed out just for chanting I'd like to hear about it as it seems dracoinian and I suspect would'nt stand up as an excuse for a banning unless a specific threat was made.......

redmattb

well done mate. All ways round.

You realise there's a thread about you in the newbs now. You've sparked them all off thinking about how they can get on TV and radio to plug the caf in a bid for a promotion. :lol:
Bet it was started by Talking Vulture.
If not he's had his say!!:lol:
I only went on to put the Hull supprter right about the crowd, but then Danny kelly started asking about the protests!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
lol city fans should know no one gives a shit. If they're willing to sign for city, they're nobodies. Before the money city didn't exist, so no reason why they should now. I don't understand the city fan. You don't earn respect having a sugar daddy. At one time city supporters would have taken pride in the youth coming through, now they're just a soulless club like chelsea who think they're more important then they actually are

Force of Nature

lol city fans should know no one gives a shit. If they're willing to sign for city, they're nobodies. Before the money city didn't exist, so no reason why they should now. I don't understand the city fan. You don't earn respect having a sugar daddy. At one time city supporters would have taken pride in the youth coming through, now they're just a soulless club like chelsea who think they're more important then they actually are
I think the city's fan point was more that it's a disgrace that a person who hasn't heard of Yaya Toure is on national radio being presented as an expert on football. He's spot as well and in fairness Sliva and Toure are a long way from nobodies.

I was thinking of listening to talksport again, after being a regular listener in my teenage years but now I remember why I stopped. Couldn't believe the journo tried to say the fan was having a go at Perry.

Maybe it's nostalgia but it did use to be good, when it had Marcotti, the European football phone and the Sunday afternoon show with Kinghorn. James Whale was a good listen as well and I use to love Ian Collins overnight show but grew to hate him when he moved to the 10pm slot.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
That's got nothing to do with anything here. I hate most City fans but everything he said was spot on. This guy hadn't heard of Yaya Toure and David Silva before the World Cup?! And to think he's being paid to talk about football. Might as well hire Darren Gough, oh wait, they have!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
That's got nothing to do with anything here. I hate most City fans but everything he said was spot on. This guy hadn't heard of Yaya Toure and David Silva before the World Cup?! And to think he's being paid to talk about football. Might as well hire Darren Gough, oh wait, they have!
How do you know he hadn't heard of them? Maybe he just wasn't 'recognizing' them in the sence of having a dig at city? It certainly wound the guy up. City have all this money and 9/10 you'll get someone say, 'go on then! buy messi'. It won't happen.

At the end of the day, that same city fan was probably wanking over the youth city had coming through and well that's forgotten! I don't honestly care either way. If the radio guy was being honest? It's life. These things happen all the time. People in the media speaking about things they know nothing about. Happens.

Maybe the city lad should just be 'happy' if he wants to be happy rather then petty listening to a radio show hoping to hear how good he's got it....he sounded a bit fragile to me.

Bread

That talksport clip highlighted why talksport is a massive load of shite, how can anyone who presents or is even a guest/pundit on a radio show not have heard of players that 95% of this and every football forum have heard of and more. But it also showed an attitude im seeing in a lot of city fans now which is that irronically winning a trophie = quality player, like in that clip, whilst obviously yaya toure has had a more succesfull few years and debatbly career than frank lampard clearly lampard is the better player, as prooved by the fact that barca wanted rid of toure, Jonathan greening has a champions league winners medal but it doesnt make him ryan giggs. I seriously hope city fail miserably because them and thier fans are pissing me off beyond belief, gone from being the glory hunter haters who support thier local side to suddenly getting on thier high horse about the quality of players they can buy, without realising that money is the only reason they players will sign for them.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That talksport clip highlighted why talksport is a massive load of shite, how can anyone who presents or is even a guest/pundit on a radio show not have heard of players that 95% of this and every football forum have heard of and more. But it also showed an attitude im seeing in a lot of city fans now which is that irronically winning a trophie = quality player, like in that clip, whilst obviously yaya toure has had a more succesfull few years and debatbly career than frank lampard clearly lampard is the better player, as prooved by the fact that barca wanted rid of toure, Jonathan greening has a champions league winners medal but it doesnt make him ryan giggs. I seriously hope city fail miserably because them and thier fans are pissing me off beyond belief, gone from being the glory hunter haters who support thier local side to suddenly getting on thier high horse about the quality of players they can buy, without realising that money is the only reason they players will sign for them.
I would like to raise my glass, and toast this post.

Bread

Two other points that piss Bread off. How can someone who is paid to talk about football on a broadcast football show on a well funded radio station come out with comments like "Im sure you hadnt heard of them until they signed for man city!" and "you wouldnt recognize them if they were stood at a bus stop!". I've heard better arguments than that off pissed rugby fans in a pub complaining about diving and the england national team, ridiculous stuff. The sheer ignorance that someone can think that because they in thier respectable radio presenter position hasnt bothered to do the most basic research and check thier 'Very well known proffessional footballers' book means that obviously no one else has heard of them until they appear on thier clubs wikipedia list is ridiculous and pathetically juvenile.

The City fan is still a bellend though.

redtilded121

it was a particularly poor show they were clearly space filling ,they used to have current affairs in that time slot with jon gaunt but they got rid of him after a 'nazi' comment now it is wall to wall footy pundits .

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
How do you know he hadn't heard of them?
Because he said "I hadn't heard of them"...that was a clue

I think the fan was fully justified in having a go at them...For men being paid to host a football radio show as experts to not know who Barcelona's holding midfielder is, who's also the brother of a current City player, is ridiculous...But the kicker was to then mock them as being bad signings simply because of their ignorance of them...It's completely farcial, and they deserved to be brought up on it as paid pundits.

It'd be like Guilleme Balague turning up on Sky and saying "well, Madrid are interested in Michael Essien, but I've never heard of him so they must be desperate"

Shame about the "double champions league winner" rubbish though :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ahh talksport, hate to agree with a City fan but feck me they talk some shite:
'I have to correct you first, I haven't heard of him until the World Cup'

feck me, how do these people get their jobs..

Spoony

The People's President
As much as the Talksport 'expert' didn't know anything

a. Yaya Toure has won the CL once

b. David Silva has 38 caps for Spain.
Yes but his point stands, the man is being paid to give his expert views on football. Yet he didn't know who Yaya and David Silva were. Not much of an expert is he? They're not exactly players playing for an obscure club from Tajikstan are they? Talksport is awful but it should be upto us not to tune in.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would understand if that so-called expert was just watching british football but then again there is the CL.Barca is the one of the most consistent club at that level.

Bread

I'm still amazed they then assume no one else has heard of them until they are signed by thier clubs. Two names ive seen on ss news, in the papers and any football press for well over two years and blokes paid to talk about football havent heard of them, insane.

OneUnited24

I would understand if that so-called expert was just watching british football but then again there is the CL.Barca is the one of the most consistent club at that level.
TBF Toure hasnt really been a starter for Barca since he joined, i think the guy on talksport was trying to say that he hadnt heard of them because they werent world class. I think it all started because one of them said something about City going after good/great players but the World Class players wont go - ie he never heard of Toure being world class or Silva for that matter (then again he did say he never heard of them before the WC... maybe he was being sarcastic? I mean Toure has been touted with a move to every PS club in the last year so its unlikely he never heard of him)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
TBF Toure hasnt really been a starter for Barca since he joined, i think the guy on talksport was trying to say that he hadnt heard of them because they werent world class. I think it all started because one of them said something about City going after good/great players but the World Class players wont go - ie he never heard of Toure being world class or Silva for that matter (then again he did say he never heard of them before the WC... maybe he was being sarcastic?)
What ? It's only last season that he wasn't really that much of a starter otherwise the 2 seasons before and specially the treble one he was a vital part of Barca's midfield.

OneUnited24

What ? It's only last season that he wasn't really that much of a starter otherwise the 2 seasons before and specially the treble one he was a vital part of Barca's midfield.
Yeah in 2007 he was arguebly a full starter but in 2008 he had been dropped for Busquets, during their treble Toure was used as a CB (just to get a game and i suppose due to no other in-form defender) with Busquets the DMF. Last season Toure had almost been phased out completely with Keita replacing him

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Jesus why the feck are we even attempting to defend him, 90% I hope on here would know who Yaya Toure was even before this Citeh saga.. that mans actually paid to talk about football.

He should be sacked with immediate effect as he obviously isn't capable of doing his job.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Ahh talksport, hate to agree with a City fan but feck me they talk some shite:
Bloody hell, who is the guy he's having a go at?

"I bet you'd never heard of him either until he signed for City and then looked him up on Wikipedia."

I really hope he's not meant to be a football journalist because if he is he seems to have blinkers that only let him see English football.

kietotheworld

Jesus why the feck are we even attempting to defend him, 90% I hope on here would know who Yaya Toure was even before this Citeh saga.. that mans actually paid to talk about football.

He should be sacked with immediate effect as he obviously isn't capable of doing his job.
Talking about football is just a means to an end - the end being to get people to phone up. He's probably very good at his job.