Tallest players ever to play for us?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Let’s discount keepers as they’re naturally tall. Gary Pallister was 1 m 93 or 6-4 in old money.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Hmm yeah good point.
Some sources have VdS at 199cm and Schmeichel at 1,96cm so looks like top 3 will be Weghorst, VdS, Schmeichel.
I think Schmeichel's is the width he was when he did that star type spread he did

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
We should sign this guy from Huddersfield, Kyle Hudlin, I’ve actually seen a lot of him (when playing for AFC Wimbledon). He isn’t a bad player at 6’10. A monster in the air. Wasn’t a success at Plough Lane, but at the same time, a guy like this does to a large extent become the product of the deliveries he gets, kind of like Wout at Burnley:

Haha, if they keep the 5 sub thing, maybe a kid like that could have a future only playing the last 5 min defending against set pieces or being a target in the penalty area if you are chasing.

Pintu

Sergei Milinković-Savić has younger brother who was in our squad at some point. He’s over 2m02… he is Serbia and Torino’s keeper now.

Pintu

Never heard of him. When was this?
Signed by Moyes and loaned out. He was gonna take Lindegaard’s place. I think he was ultimately denied the work permit and never got to play a competitive game… van Gaal opted for Romero when it became clear Vanja wouldn’t get his permit. His contract was terminated later that year.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Let’s discount keepers as they’re naturally tall. Gary Pallister was 1 m 93 or 6-4 in old money.
Not one of ours but maybe in future, Pickford is one of the shortest keepers in the PL, presumably his big gob makes up for it - he's 6' 1"

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
It’s fecking weird to see all this metre talk. Feet and inches is the only way my mind works.
Same here but metric is what's taught in schools so half the folks on here have no idea what 6 foot is!

RedSlevin

Edwin van der Sar was also 1.97m, Zlatan was 1.95m and both Smalling & Matic were 1.94m.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
  1. Vanja Milinković-Savić
  2. Radek Vitek
  3. Wout Weghorst ~ Edwin van der Sar
  4. Jack Butland ~ Matěj Kovář
  5. Zlatan Ibrahimović
Then you have a bunch of fellas in the 6'4"-ish range: Harry Maguire, Chris Smalling, Nemanja Matić, Peter Schmeichel, Marouane Fellaini, Gary Pallister, Sergio Romero, et cetera.

Interestingly, ol' David Gill would qualify as No. 2 on a consolidated list; must have been roughly 6'7" in his youth.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The tallest United player I had personally met was Rai Van Del Gouw. For a strange reason he looked bigger then Pogba even though they are around the same size.