Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He had that Welbeck-esque look before taking the penalty, it was so obvious that he's going to bottle it!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Him missing was as obvious as Phil Jones missing a couple of years ago.

Shite anyway. Hopefully he didn't make Maguire and Lindelof look better than they are :nervous:

el3mel

Should have never shoot the most crucial pen out of the 5. Strange decision from Lampard.

AC1689

His face really did say it all before he took it. I’d have bet my right testicle on him cocking it up.

Djemba-Djemba

Him missing was as obvious as Phil Jones missing a couple of years ago.

Shite anyway. Hopefully he didn't make Maguire and Lindelof look better than they are :nervous:
Last season when Phil Jones stepped up to take the penalty everyone started putting their coats on and getting ready to go, it was that obvious he would miss.

Bet it was the same tonight with Abraham.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Thought he was quite good with his general play but long term he's a number 2 striker at a club like ours.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Should have never shoot the most crucial pen out of the 5. Strange decision from Lampard.
He was the penalty taker for Villa last season, he's been a penalty taker for us in pre-season and he wanted to take one tonight. Would be a strange decision not to have him the the first 5.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, don't just put them down the middle!

el3mel

He was the penalty taker for Villa last season, he's been a penalty taker for us in pre-season and he wanted to take one tonight. Would be a strange decision not to have him the the first 5.

It's ok to have him in the first 5 but to have him shoot the 5th one is pretty weird and very big responsibility. Teams usually put their best players either on the first or the last pen.

reddev3

he was penalty taker for Aston Villa and scored the pressure penalty to get them promoted last year. I put him in my fantasy team but I'm starting to regret it now Rashford seems to be on pens with Tammy most probably not on them anymore (took one pre season as well). He looks dangerous but a bit crap at the same time, if he gets a goal and his confidence up he could come good.

Classical Mechanic

Thought he was quite good with his general play but long term he's a number 2 striker at a club like ours.
I thought he did OK too generally. Thought VVD found him more difficult to deal with physically than Giroud. It’s fine lines though, if he’d scored that chance that went just wide and scored against United when he hit the post the narrative would be very different.

I think Lampard should keep faith with him.

duffer

Scout
It's ok to have him in the first 5 but to have him shoot the 5th one is pretty weird and very big responsibility. Teams usually put their best players either on the first or the last pen.
Best penalty taker at 5 is too much of a gamble for me. You can quite easily lose before they even get a chance to take one!

Classical Mechanic

Best penalty taker at 5 is too much of a gamble for me. You can quite easily lose before they even get a chance to take one!
I think loads of people were slagging Ronaldo off for being number 5 in a shoot out because his side got knocked out before he took one. Saying he wanted the glory etc. So you can’t win.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I actually thought he played really well. Some lovely little flicks and combination play. Don't think he'll ever make it long term at Chelsea though.

Pens are pens, anyone can miss them.

duffer

Scout
I think loads of people were slagging Ronaldo off for being number 5 in a shoot out because his side got knocked out before he took one. Saying he wanted the glory etc. So you can’t win.
I'd personally want best first and then get shitter and shitter as you go down the line. Surely that makes the most sense?

Zoo

I think he’s like Welbeck, does a lot of good work and is a handful but in front of goal you wouldn’t fully trust him.

Based Adnan

Knew it was finished after he looked at the ball for 20 mins before taking the penalty. donkey.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Agreed with the general consensus. But he does have a whole season to show his ability. At the end of May you presume Giroud will be shipped off and if Tammy isn't doing it, Chelsea go out and buy 2 strikers.

reddev3

the probability of scoring 5/5 is probably higher if you have the best pen takers later on as they are the harder pens because the pressure ramps up.

duffer

Scout
He's not had the easiest first couple of games. Away to Manchester United up against the most expensive defender ever and then against the European champions and the second most expensive defender ever!

Castia

Wank

It’s actually pretty hilarious that he’s been given the #9

Chelsea aren’t going anywhere with him playing upfront.

CHKBC

Opposition fans must be loving it to see Tammy Abraham in the centre forward role. He will break Chelsea's season if he continues in it. Championship striker at best. Even the likes of Ashley Barnes of Burnley is miles ahead of him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can anybody remember the striker that missed the penalty when last time Chelsea were fighting for the same trophy? :rolleyes: