Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

lsd

The Oracle
Mawaan at least tried to think outside the box for a lot of tasks. I didn’t mind him. You got the feeling Greg was annoyed at the lack of effort at times, especially from Daisy. Katherine was entertaining purely by how unobservant she was but I also thought she wasn’t really into it as much or didn’t have a knowledge of the show. She even said halfway in that she didn’t realise they got points for the prize tasks. Herring was boring.

Lee Mack should make things better and they’ll be prepared for covid this time. Can likely do testing and do the recordings with a distanced/vaccinated crowd.

I was surprised with Herring as he is a funny guy and has been a huge taskmaster fan for years but he really played it safe the whole way through.

Never warmed to Marwaan maybe it is the you tube thing i instantly dislike you tubers and put them on the same pedastal as reality tv people. They are not real Celebrities and should not be in these shows.

I am excited about the next season and the new year special can't believe John Hannah is doing it and the others look really good too

lsd

The Oracle
Really enjoyable and Rylan was fantastic you can tell he is a fan of the show and was constantly looking for Alex's loopholes in the tasks. Shirley as mental as i expected. Would not have minded a full season

prateik

Just started watching.. I'm impressed Giroud could make time to film this special.

Really enjoyable and Rylan was fantastic you can tell he is a fan of the show and was constantly looking for Alex's loopholes in the tasks. Shirley as mental as i expected. Would not have minded a full season
Season 11 has been filmed already.. filming to tv usually is 8 weeks.. so new season should be out soon-ish

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I liked that. Last series you could tell that the covid outbreak was sprung upon them at the time of filming which complicated things taskwise. The special showed what they've learned though the big concern will be group tasks. At least in future both will have an equal disadvantage.

Would not have minded a full season
Think that would have been hard to pull off with that group as (for some of them) their schedules are very busy. Can definitely see more one-off specials in future in this vein.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Anyone watching New Zealand taskmaster? It's all on YouTube and its pretty good. The host Jeremy Wells is probably the weakest part (not a patch on Greg) but Paul Williams does a grand job as his assistant.

The contestants are all decent, but Leigh Hart and Angella Dravid are the standouts.

lsd

The Oracle
High hopes for this season i expect lot from Lee Mack and Charlotte Ritchie plus Jamali Maddix is going to be a huge star

b82REZ

The last season got better as it progressed and they learnt how to deal with the covid limitations. Hopefully that means this season will be better overall.

Can't wait to see Lee Mack on it

lsd

The Oracle
Decent start I have been spinning a cushion all morning and not up to Jamali standards but better than Greg.

So far I like all the contestants no one seems annoying and I can see them getting quite competitive which is always good

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Didn’t get a chance to watch cause of Utd but looking forward to watching over the weekend.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Gone from having no idea who Mike Wozniak is to being quite a fan in the space of an episode.

Jamali definitely should have got more points for the cushion - mental he got fewer points than Lee.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Gone from having no idea who Mike Wozniak is to being quite a fan in the space of an episode.

Jamali definitely should have got more points for the cushion - mental he got fewer points than Lee.
Yeah that weirdly annoyed me.

Enjoyed it though. I already like this group more than last season. Charlotte Ritchie is adorable.

@Solius you got an update?

lsd

The Oracle

He stars in Man Down along with Greg Davis and Roisin Conaty its a really funny show

Bertie Wooster

I've only just seen this thread - I've been a huge Taskmaster fan since the start.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new series. I wasn't aware of most of the contestants this time but they all seem fine, and, as a big fan of Would I Lie To You? I'm excited to see Lee Mack on the show. He should be great value on it.

Incidentally, does anyone else watch the 'No More Jockeys' episodes on YouTube every Friday? It's a light hearted little game played by Alex Horne, Tim Key and Mark Watson that they started during lockdown and it's still going. It's full of great banter between three close friends and is just a fun half hour every Friday. :)

0le

Loved the episode. Wozniak was fantastic. Reminds me of that dude from the inbetweeners who came on the show in an earlier series.

I found Lee making the sandwich absolutely hilarious. Jamali was hard done by - that cushion trick was great!

hobbers

Expect Wozniak and Lee to really make this series.

Also yeah, Charlotte is adorable.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty good start to the series. The buckets flying in that final task :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The only thing is, I expect more banter from Lee Mack in the upcoming series. He seemed a bit nervous for the first one :lol:
Wozniak was very good. Generally the line-up was quite exciting and well-balanced, although the tasks were a bit generic.

prateik

Lee taking Jamalis buckets down was hilarious..
I enjoyed it.. Great to have it back.. Don't know anyone other than Lee .. like them all..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Started very slowly, but the delivering dishes task was fun, while the stage task was better than usual. I thought this series would all be about Lee Mack, but Wozniak off to a strong start.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I often find myself watching old Tasks on YouTube when I'm taking a break at work.

This one isn't one that I see talked about often, but is definitely one of my all time favourites.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Mike was good overall, but I feared the worst when he opened with a song.

Hopefully tonight's is better overall, last week's was fine but the tasks were a bit bland from memory.

Bertie Wooster

Mike was good overall, but I feared the worst when he opened with a song.

Hopefully tonight's is better overall, last week's was fine but the tasks were a bit bland from memory.
I agree about Mike. His song wasn't particularly funny, and as I'd never seen him before I wasn't sure what to think but he seemed fine as it went on.

I thought it was a decent first episode - although more based on the 5 participants rather than the tasks. I've not been quite as fond of the last few groups compared to some of the earlier ones, and hadn't heard of any of these apart from Lee Mack so I was just relieved that they seemed a decent group.

Dan

Wozniak jumping the fence. :lol:

He bossed that ballon task.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Mack really is so reserved so far. I'm not sure on Mike, I strangely want to like him but it just isn't working quite as much as I'd hoped. Sarah is a dour chore.

Charlotte and Jamali are the most interesting so far.

decorativeed

Have you never watched Man Down? He plays Greg Davies' character's best mate. Well worth a watch.

decorativeed

I've only just seen this thread - I've been a huge Taskmaster fan since the start.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new series. I wasn't aware of most of the contestants this time but they all seem fine, and, as a big fan of Would I Lie To You? I'm excited to see Lee Mack on the show. He should be great value on it.

Incidentally, does anyone else watch the 'No More Jockeys' episodes on YouTube every Friday? It's a light hearted little game played by Alex Horne, Tim Key and Mark Watson that they started during lockdown and it's still going. It's full of great banter between three close friends and is just a fun half hour every Friday. :)
Yeah, No More Jockeys is a regular weekly watch in our house. Love how they get progressively more pissed as it goes on.

I often find myself watching old Tasks on YouTube when I'm taking a break at work.

This one isn't one that I see talked about often, but is definitely one of my all time favourites.

You broke it - video not available. Which one was it?