Tchouameni & Coman racially abused

OmarUnited4ever

I haven't seen it in a while, but I do remember discussing it a few years ago and even the bodies that were arguing for regulation no longer exist. It felt so much older than the 20 years it's been, almost nothing familiar. There is a floppy disc somewhere and one hard copy. :lol:
My respects for the legends who used to store assignments and thesis papers on floppy desk

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Didn't the BBC have a report showing that the vast majority of the people racially abusing the England players were from Saudi, Egypt and Pakistan, possibly Turkey too?

Anyway, that's beside the point. The big tech companies can fix this if they wish, they seemingly place user numbers over user safety though.
It's pretty easy to disguise your physical location online, and there's plenty of Brits live abroad, indeed I'm one of them.

Tech companies could and should do more but ultimately this should be the responsibility of people to be held accountable for their actions, that means Governments need to create/amend laws and enforce them

After this I do wonder whether France will take the knee at their next game

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Racism not just in France tbh but from all over the world tbh
Racists are weird. British racists (actual ideological racists) used to hate us Irish papists but in the mid 90s they championed us as a white island and tried to stir up racism here. While we excel at casual racism, that didn't take hold at the time. Scum.

Pintu

You went too much the opposite way really. The fact the tweets were in English doesn’t prove a great deal.

You have many a bad habit yourself my friend! Glass houses and all that.
It might not prove anything... But if it were only french racists, I'd guess the majority would be in French. We had a similar experience with a Swedish player in 2018, Durmaz, and almost all the abuse was in Swedish... Later we read a rapport saying that a big part of it originated from some automated fake accounts...

Strootman's Finger

Have you ever been to the States?
I go all the time, what do you think goes on there? Name the last major US sporting event marred by acts of racism. This is something that happens on a weekly basis in Europe. There isn't stories of the losing NFL or NBA teams being racially abused online. And in a country where 90% of the journalists are desperate for it's inhabitants to be racist they can't come up with very many real world examples to prove their case, if those teams were being racially abused it would be in the media 24/7. This is definitely an area where the US has evolved better than Europe, don't let the US media convince you otherwise.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I go all the time, what do you think goes on there? Name the last major US sporting event marred by acts of racism. This is something that happens on a weekly basis in Europe. There isn't stories of the losing NFL or NBA teams being racially abused online. And in a country where 90% of the journalists are desperate for it's inhabitants to be racist they can't come up with very many real world examples to prove their case, if those teams were being racially abused it would be in the media 24/7. This is definitely an area where the US has evolved better than Europe, don't let the US media convince you otherwise.
I live here and you are barking up the wrong tree, where do you think taking the knee came from? That was the NFL and boy did that cause a storm.

If you really wanna know about what's what in the US go to the Fox news comments section, the hatred, vitriol and everything else in there makes the CAF and the BBC HYS look like a children's tea party in comparison

Strootman's Finger

I live here and you are barking up the wrong tree, where do you think taking the knee came from? That was the NFL and boy did that cause a storm.

If you really wanna know about what's what in the US go to the Fox news comments section, the hatred, vitriol and everything else in there makes the CAF and the BBC HYS look like a children's tea party in comparison
Don't read comments sections of any news site, their all dumpster fires, both sides of the isle. These are the dumbest members of our society that sit at home all day, unemployed, arguing right vs left on the internet.

You stated the existence of a movement, you didn't provide evidence of a problem.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I find that racism is alive and well in Europe, at a time when its be largely blunted in the states.
It’s always fun to see this posted in these threads just for the reaction from those that don’t know it’s a joke

lex talionis

Responding to a point made above, racism is alive and well in the US, where I live. Google LA City Council for one peek, but we see it every day in different forms. I personally know quite a few people who are on board with Trumpism, which at its root is primarily about the fear of people with black and brown skin eroding white supremacy.

As for the topic of thread…shameful.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Don't read comments sections of any news site, their all dumpster fires, both sides of the isle. These are the dumbest members of our society that sit at home all day, unemployed, arguing right vs left on the internet.

You stated the existence of a movement, you didn't provide evidence of a problem.
How the hell do you think that movement started?

It started with Colin Kaepernick, an NFL player taking the knee during the National Anthem in protest at racist police action, he was slaughtered for those actions by all and sundry including then then President and one of racism's biggest supporters.

You said " There isn't stories of the losing NFL or NBA teams being racially abused online" - so by that logic you don't count message boards as being used as a form of online abuse.

You've got to be pretty naive if you think News website comment forums are just a matter of left wing nutters vs right wing nutters, some of it is but there's a lot more than that, some of the stuff on there has nothing to do with left or right, it's just pure hatred

CanRed22

They don't limit their racism to sporting events, it's more widespread and part of everyday life. There are plenty of real world examples, without getting political there was an increase in racial incidents with the MAGA campaign and a certain President.

Righteous Steps

I’m sure a lot of these comments were from Argentine fans, rather then the majority being French.

Strootman's Finger

How the hell do you think that movement started?

It started with Colin Kaepernick, an NFL player taking the knee during the National Anthem in protest at racist police action, he was slaughtered for those actions by all and sundry including then then President and one of racism's biggest supporters.

You said " There isn't stories of the losing NFL or NBA teams being racially abused online" - so by that logic you don't count message boards as being used as a form of online abuse.

You've got to be pretty naive if you think News website comment forums are just a matter of left wing nutters vs right wing nutters, some of it is but there's a lot more than that, some of the stuff on there has nothing to do with left or right, it's just pure hatred
You still haven't provided any actual evidence. I know who kaperneak is, he's a joke. Notice how he's gone away, because he got a shot at coming back to the NFL and he knew he wasn't good enough, so he didn't take it, and the truth was exposed, and he faded back into obscurity.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
You still haven't provided any actual evidence. I know who kaperneak is, he's a joke. Notice how he's gone away, because he got a shot at coming back to the NFL and he knew he wasn't good enough, so he didn't take it, and the truth was exposed, and he faded back into obscurity.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/sep/30/byu-racism-allegations-womens-soccer-college-sports

https://apnews.com/article/sports-b...al-injustice-2e222bee3a9bbf91fa6d42b1d39c8700

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/19/sport/university-of-oregon-football-game-mormon-chant/index.html

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It’s always fun to see this posted in these threads just for the reaction from those that don’t know it’s a joke
Aye it's a classic.

Has generated some interesting debate too.

Blackwidow

What's the evidence for this?
The post you answered was not from me. But I went through a lot of this posts on Monday and a lot were in spanish and the poster had Argentina in his origin. I just thought to myself that they are as bad winners as they are bad losers...