Tchouameni?

croadyman

When he stepped up for the pen against Argentina I knew he'd miss didn't look confident at all. I don't think he's a big game player or has the leadership that we need at United I'd rather get experience in the midfield honestly.

Good technically but I don't really want him at United. He could be another Pogba type that goes missing when it matters.
Did score the opener against England though so think saying he's a bottler is harsh

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Some of the takes in here :lol: Talk about ruthless. Or I guess the standard ‘this thing is either the greatest thing ever or the absolute worst’.

Won’t be sold this summer, he just had 1 season and was bought for big money. Did great up until the WC, struggled after that. To immediately describe him as a dud like what…

Dunno if Ancelotti will do it, but Tchou/Cama/Jude/Valverde as a midfield is fine imo. Hell he kinda did it against Barcelona. It won’t be close to the KCM trio, but about the best you can do following that up. Need a manager who can make it work though and I don’t believe Carlo can.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Absolutely not. It’s more than probable transfer - Real will sell if we pay a good fee.
Doubt real wants to sell their case replacement just a year in and if they did i don't think we'll be in for him.

bosskeano

don't see Real selling him after paying 100m for him just what last summer or the summer before last??? we certainly don't have the coffers to buy him

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
When he stepped up for the pen against Argentina I knew he'd miss didn't look confident at all. I don't think he's a big game player or has the leadership that we need at United I'd rather get experience in the midfield honestly.

Good technically but I don't really want him at United. He could be another Pogba type that goes missing when it matters.
This is utter nonsense.

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Real needs Mbappe money
I'm sorry but Madrid had 400M€ saved last year, 130M in signings this year, some for the stadium and still more than 100M left and an aproved credit with lower interests than current rates in case it was needed(as it was solicited some time ago), over 60M liberated in salaries this year...

I don't think Madrid needs to sell anyone this year for Mbappé, and If it was the case I doubt it would be Tchouaméni, as he hasn't been amortized for FFP.

Also Tchouaméni was 80M€ plus add-ons up to 100M€, not 100M€

dinostar77

I doubt Real would sell him, but I wanted Tchoui before he went to Madrid, so if it comes to anything this is a transfer I could really muppet over! :drool:
Unless they need the funds for mbappe this summer?

worldinmotion66

With Casemiro as our DM, if we sign this fella we’ll have one Tchouameni

Honestly though, I’d rather push the boat out for Valverde if they need to sell a young talent to fund mbappe

AaronRedDevil

I mean if we sell DVB, Fred and Scott we'll definitely need some more reinforcements and Amrabat is just one replacement.

renatosanches85

Some of the takes in here :lol: Talk about ruthless. Or I guess the standard ‘this thing is either the greatest thing ever or the absolute worst’.

Won’t be sold this summer, he just had 1 season and was bought for big money. Did great up until the WC, struggled after that. To immediately describe him as a dud like what…

Dunno if Ancelotti will do it, but Tchou/Cama/Jude/Valverde as a midfield is fine imo. Hell he kinda did it against Barcelona. It won’t be close to the KCM trio, but about the best you can do following that up. Need a manager who can make it work though and I don’t believe Carlo can.
Why do you not believe Ancelotti couldn’t make it work? Is that based on the diamond formation he won the champions league with, with AC Milan, or the three other times he won the champions league (not to mention winning the title in each of the top 5 European leagues)?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Why do you not believe Ancelotti couldn’t make it work? Is that based on the diamond formation he won the champions league with, with AC Milan, or the three other times he won the champions league (not to mention winning the title in each of the top 5 European leagues)?
I think he loves Kroos and Modric too much and will play them more than they should. On top of that, we have defensive problems for so long now. Additionally, our pressing is not organized and I feel like that is what this midfield should excel at. Overall, we are winning games mostly on individual brilliance.

I love Ancelotti, but I do think to really make this new team click we need to move on to a new manager. We have a bunch of powerhouses in midfield, but Ancelotti doesn’t seem to improve in much needed areas. The gaps between the lines are too large and disjoined when we lose the ball. It has been a thing for a very long time.

Eddy_JukeZ

He won't leave, but I'd prefer a different type of midfielder than him as a 6.

His passing is a bit too erratic for my liking.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am just thinking, if he is somehow available at around 80m, Chelsea could have just go for him instead of Caicedo this summer.

I can't think of any other top club willing/capable of spending that much on a DM at the moment. City has Rodri, Arsenal has Rice, we don't have budget left and we already have Casemiro and talented youngster Mainoo, Liverpool has already bought 2 new decent midfielders and is going to add Lavia too. That only leaves Chelsea who is yet failing to buy Caicedo for around same price.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I don't think we can afford another player and even if we offload 2-3 players, I doubt we will buy him. I can't understand why there is so much speculation about transfer when we ate almost done with our transfer.

croadyman

I don't think we can afford another player and even if we offload 2-3 players, I doubt we will buy him. I can't understand why there is so much speculation about transfer when we ate almost done with our transfer.
There isn't much speculation just an unreliable Barca based paper in Sport

croadyman

With Casemiro as our DM, if we sign this fella we’ll have one Tchouameni

Honestly though, I’d rather push the boat out for Valverde if they need to sell a young talent to fund mbappe
Yeah think he's untouchable as well,their midfield depth is absolutely insane isn't it

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I doubt Real Madrid sell. I can't remember the last player who only made it 1 season there.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This is a no go. If we’re signing 1 more player this window then it’s gonna be Amrabat. We can’t afford anyone els.

Dannn411

If at all we're going to have any chance it's going to be next year. Not enough money now to pay what Real will ask for in the very unlikely event that they want to let him go.

zaafi

He won't leave, but I'd prefer a different type of midfielder than him as a 6.

His passing is a bit too erratic for my liking.
Really? His pass completion rate is 92.9%. If anything, it is too safe and doesn't progress the ball forward enough like Kroos and Modric.

GeneralKenobi

Real doesn't need Mbappe money.

Tchouameni has been good this preseason so far, probably our best midfielder. He is our only holding midfielder and I think is very unlikely Florentino will sell him.

If anyone leaves the team now, chances are it is Valverde (sadly)

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I am just thinking, if he is somehow available at around 80m, Chelsea could have just go for him instead of Caicedo this summer.

I can't think of any other top club willing/capable of spending that much on a DM at the moment. City has Rodri, Arsenal has Rice, we don't have budget left and we already have Casemiro and talented youngster Mainoo, Liverpool has already bought 2 new decent midfielders and is going to add Lavia too. That only leaves Chelsea who is yet failing to buy Caicedo for around same price.
Liverpool are going after Andre from Fluminese, DM.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes

He looked the exact same as he does 99% of the time, that's just some low pub psychology to drive your point.
I was obvioulsy upset that he missed, but I only have respect for players, especially young ones like him, who step up and have the balls to take a pen in a WC final pen shootout. To me it actually shows leadership.

RoyH1

Kroos and Modric are leaving or retiring after this season. I don't see them selling Tchoumani unless it's a huge offer and there would be a big market for him. He was immense the first hald of the season but then lost his form after the WC. He's looked like he's back to business if their preseason tour is anything to go by

croadyman

Kroos and Modric are leaving or retiring after this season. I don't see them selling Tchoumani unless it's a huge offer and there would be a big market for him. He was immense the first hald of the season but then lost his form after the WC. He's looked like he's back to business if their preseason tour is anything to go by
Yeah top player

RedBanker

I love you Ole
This has got the same Casemiro "impossible" vibes from last season. Won't be surprised at all if we ditch Amrabat and make this happen. Our KMJ budget is still intact.

croadyman

This has got the same Casemiro "impossible" vibes from last season. Won't be surprised at all if we ditch Amrabat and make this happen. Our KMJ budget is still intact.
This feels completely different

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Camavinga is the better player, if we're raiding Real and they want to sell.