Tchouameni?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
they've got four young players for three positions now (Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouaméni, Valverde). doesn't seem unreasonable that one of them will leave sooner rather than later.

RoyH1

they've got four young players for three positions now (Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouaméni, Valverde). doesn't seem unreasonable that one of them will leave sooner rather than later.
Ancelotti has been experimenting with playing with 4 midfielders though.

red.knight

Tchouameni seems like the sort of player that would work well at United. I think given his physique and pass accuracy, he can develop into a lone CDM. Tchouameni is one of the best for winning the ball back in the opposition half. So he would fit in that role well, helping press high up the field and linking well with Bruno and Mount. He's only 23 so all of his weaknesses can be coached up because the talent is all there.

cyberman

Tchouameni seems like the sort of player that would work well at United. I think given his physique and pass accuracy, he can develop into a lone CDM. Tchouameni is one of the best for winning the ball back in the opposition half. So he would fit in that role well, helping press high up the field and linking well with Bruno and Mount. He's only 23 so all of his weaknesses can be coached up because the talent is all there.
Madrid will want their money back as if he hasn’t struggled over the past few seasons so I hope we aren’t stupid enough to go that.
It’s simply given Madrid and Barca first dibs on young talent that’s ends up being risk free if it doesn’t work out.

NoPace

Presumably they can probably get by getting Valverde some time as the RW (rotating with Rodrygo who can also back up Vinicius out left) like they did last year, once they get Mbappe and play a normal 4-3-3 and Kroos has moved on and Modric is a sub (though he was brilliant against us might have 3 years left at this rate).

quadrant

Presumably they can probably get by getting Valverde some time as the RW (rotating with Rodrygo who can also back up Vinicius out left) like they did last year, once they get Mbappe and play a normal 4-3-3 and Kroos has moved on and Modric is a sub (though he was brilliant against us might have 3 years left at this rate).
Plus Camavinga also played at LB in the run in last year and was pretty amazing there, so I really don't think they have a problem with too many bodies.

zaafi

He’s a top player no way would Real let him go
Meh. They let Casemiro go - a bit too soon. He is still better than Tchouameni, and it's not likely he'll ever reach Casemiro's peak level.

I'd be interested in signing him next year, though.

NoPace

Plus Camavinga also played at LB in the run in last year and was pretty amazing there, so I really don't think they have a problem with too many bodies.
I could see Guler going on loan in January I guess if he doesn't really play.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Those are both shuffling around some very expensive players though. Eventually, something will need to be sorted.

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid will want their money back as if he hasn’t struggled over the past few seasons so I hope we aren’t stupid enough to go that.
It’s simply given Madrid and Barca first dibs on young talent that’s ends up being risk free if it doesn’t work out.
Tchouaméni has only been 1 season at Madrid, so I don't know what struggle over the past few seasons you are talking about. He started great last season, but then the world cup and an injury came and he lost his rhythm, mostly like the rest of the team. This preseason he's been one of the better players.

quadrant

Those are both shuffling around some very expensive players though. Eventually, something will need to be sorted.
Well Kroos and Modric are (probably) both going next summer, at which point the problem is solved.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We could potentially have 80m pounds after the sale of McFred, DvB and Maguire. We should try to get him if Madrid indeed is willing to sell.

Casemiro isn't getting any younger and we all know how the midfielder market is atm.

croadyman

We could potentially have 80m pounds after the sale of McFred, DvB and Maguire. We should try to get him if Madrid indeed is willing to sell.

Casemiro isn't getting any younger and we all know how the midfielder market is atm.
I genuinely don't see them selling

colombianmancunian

If they are willing to sell, then we must act. This guy is the perfect Casemiro replacement and will sort DM for a decade.

GlasgowCeltic

Meh. They let Casemiro go - a bit too soon. He is still better than Tchouameni, and it's not likely he'll ever reach Casemiro's peak level.

don’t think it was too soon

croadyman

No chance of him leaving in my opinion but what figure might give them something to think about

abundance

Supports
Inter
Dunno if Ancelotti will do it, but Tchou/Cama/Jude/Valverde as a midfield is fine imo. Hell he kinda did it against Barcelona. It won’t be close to the KCM trio, but about the best you can do following that up. Need a manager who can make it work though and I don’t believe Carlo can.
this

Bondi77

Why would we pay more than what Madrid did for him...he is two years older and he has not shown he is an 80mil pound player otherwise he would be one of the first picked every week.

croadyman

Why would we pay more than what Madrid did for him...he is two years older and he has not shown he is an 80mil pound player otherwise he would be one of the first picked every week.
Maybe not but they still wouldn't sell

El Zoido

They wanted to keep him, he chose to leave.

zaafi

They wanted to keep him, he chose to leave.
He wanted to leave because they signed Tchouameni, which meant his game time was under threat. They didn't really need Tchouameni at the time, but they're Real Madrid and plan for the future.

croadyman

He wanted to leave because they signed Tchouameni, which meant his game time was under threat. They didn't really need Tchouameni at the time, but they're Real Madrid and plan for the future.
Yeah they have proper stockpiled

Bondi77

I thought he expressed a desire to leave before they brought him in.

zaafi

I thought he expressed a desire to leave before they brought him in.
As far as I know, he wanted to leave when he found out they were interested in Tchouameni and Ancelotti couldn't guarantee game time. I don't really know for sure, though.

Bondi77

As far as I know, he wanted to leave when he found out they were interested in Tchouameni and Ancelotti couldn't guarantee game time. I don't really know for sure, though.
Same, I thought I read that he said he had achieved everything and needed a new challenge but that may have been Varane