Teammates who hated each other

Womp

idiot
Rooney and Nani. Albeit it was only really Rooney who hated Nani for some reason.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The article reads like it was written by a teen. Many of the relationships do have some clear examples of animosity but then it finishes at nr. 1 with Bale and Ronaldo and barely a reason given except rumors?

Also, the article in 19 months old.

Reddy Rederson

Did Cantona get on with Cole? Van Nistelrooy wasn't a fan of Young Stepover Ronaldo?
I remember something about van nistelrooy wasn’t happy with the step overs because he didn’t know when the ball was coming anymore than the defenders Ronny was trying to trick. But I don’t think it ever rose to hate. At least I never read anything that said as much, only that they had a conversation about the amount of stepovers.

No idea about Cole and cantona, knew Cole hated teddy but that’s it as far as I’m aware.

This is why Cole hated teddy for 15 years though for anyone that never saw it:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yeah not sure what happened there. Why Sheringham did that. Think he later claimed there was nothing in it. But it really bothered Cole. I think they are the two most famous ones I think of, but who played together so well.

99withaflake

I remember something about van nistelrooy wasn’t happy with the step overs because he didn’t know when the ball was coming anymore than the defenders Ronny was trying to trick. But I don’t think it ever rose to hate. At least I never read anything that said as much, only that they had a conversation about the amount of stepovers.

No idea about Cole and cantona, knew Cole hated teddy but that’s it as far as I’m aware.

Never seen that. I don't get it. Cole wasn't happy because Teddy wasn't happy to being replaced by Cole? The crowd seemed pretty happy.

EDIT: And the lack of handshake?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Ruud telling Ronaldo to go cry to his father (Queiroz) just a few weeks after Cristiano's real dad had died didn't help.

ti vu

Talking about RVN, yet nobody brought up RVN vs Kluivert?!

Xyx

Supports
Arsenal
Adebayor's refusal to pass the ball to Bendtner for a simple tap-in against Birmingham cost us the league in 2008. Same match where Eduardo got his leg broken and Clichy gave away a soft penalty in the last minute.

Ondrej

Rooney and Ronaldo really couldn't stand each other, was kind of a big story actually.
Gotcha?

Bojan11

The Cole thing sounds bitter. Sheringham was frustrated getting taken off and probably would have done that to anybody. No idea why Cole decided to take it personally.

Kopral Jono

Keane and Schmeichel? Could be wrong, but I seem to recall a few anecdotes from years gone by implying that they're not fond of one another.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The Cole thing sounds bitter. Sheringham was frustrated getting taken off and probably would have done that to anybody. No idea why Cole decided to take it personally.
Cole has said in interviews thing that the whole thing is way overblown and the got along just fine. He was annoyed for a bit and that was it.

RoyH1

Romario and Edmundo when they played at Vasco da Gama. Really didn't get along well.

Red_Ramirez

For a while Bayern were labelled FC Hollywood for a reason.

If I remember correctly

Matthäus and Klinsmann hated each other

players squabbled with each other. big character and egos clashed. staff had affairs! (Beckenbauer and his secretary)

Strunz hated Effenberg for having an affair with his wife etc

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Klose and Frings.

Recall Frings was dropping it into Klose's wife at Bremen so he left for Bayern. Shortly after Frings joined Bayern, Klose left.

Could be fake news.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
I can understand Cole being peeved. It's just standard protocol when your substituted to high five your replacement. It's not his fault you are being substituted.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Jan van Beveren and Johan Cruijff.

Van Beveren is one of our best ever keepers, but not following Cruijff completely destroyed his career.

That’s on a different level than those Psg sissies throwing a fit over a penalty.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The Charlton brothers never struck me as hating each other, I've heard it described as a healthy sibling rivalry as they climbed the footballing ladder that was mutually beneficial. Jackie was interviewed for that documentary about Bobby a while back, why would he have agreed to that if there was hatred between them?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Klose and Frings.

Recall Frings was dropping it into Klose's wife at Bremen so he left for Bayern. Shortly after Frings joined Bayern, Klose left.

Could be fake news.
Dunno about the story, but the timeline is different. Frings was at Bayern until 2005, then he went to Bremen. Klose went the other way in 2007. That means they played together for 2 years at Bremen, but didn‘t meet at Bayern.

Leno and Ter Stegen hated each other since their days in the youth national teams. Also one of the reasons why Leno got cut from the German WC squad in favour of PSGs second keeper.

99withaflake

Rooney and Nani. Albeit it was only really Rooney who hated Nani for some reason.
Really ??
Quite a few ex-players mention a couple of things about Nani:
  • He was the type of character that went into his shell when the boss criticised him, so he often needed an arm around him.
  • He had tons of talent but for some reason was never consistent with it. A bit of a waste.
Reading between the lines, maybe Rooney thought he was a pussy, didn't put enough effort in, or both!

youngrell

Not sure Rooney hated Nani? Sure he got frustrated at him for his poor deliveries and bad decision making but so did everyone else in the stadium.

Meller

Icardi and Maxi Lopez didn't get along too well after Icardi got involved with Maxi Lopez's wife.

I also recall Mido and Zlatan hating each other but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Loon

:lol:
Emlyn Hughes and Tommy Smith. Smith called him “Thrush” (an irritating cnut)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There was an ITV doc about Andy Cole few years back. He said Teddy made him feel "small" by not wishing him good luck when he came on. Think it was his England debut so was probably never as hell.

Didn't they also have another run in after a goal Man. United conceded?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The Charlton brothers never struck me as hating each other, I've heard it described as a healthy sibling rivalry as they climbed the footballing ladder that was mutually beneficial. Jackie was interviewed for that documentary about Bobby a while back, why would he have agreed to that if there was hatred between them?
I think they've made up recently? And I doubt that there was hatred — just a long alienation due to their mother/Bobby's wife conflict