Teammates who hated each other

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I honestly feel the Ronaldo-Bale thing is way blown up aswell, no way should it be number 1 in sporting disputes.

I imagine when Bale first joined Madrid he found Ronaldo a useful guide being an english speaker. Of course Ronaldo moaned on the pitch when Bale shot instead of passed but he does that with every player when he dosen't get the glory.

I imagine there's a lot of mutual respect between the pair, just like there probably is between Ronaldo and Messi.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Maybe Benzema vs. Valbuena for France?

Also Dani Alves and Bonucci at Juve. Allegedly both were sold because of their fight after the CL final.

Neymar and Cavani also comes to mind among more recent stories.

Effenberg and Thomas Strunz (whose then-wife is now Effenberg's)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe Benzema vs. Valbuena for France?

Also Dani Alves and Bonucci at Juve. Allegedly both were sold because of their fight after the CL final.

Neymar and Cavani also comes to mind among more recent stories.

Effenberg and Thomas Strunz (whose then-wife is now Effenberg's)
Not as teammates.

Wooly 77

Remi Moses and Jesper Olsen , massive punch up in training ....apparently Jesper battered him !!!

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
Van Persie and Adebayor. Not sure it could be classed as hatred but they certainly weren't on good terms towards the end of their time together at Arsenal.

First time they were on opposing sides after Ade's city move this happened:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's more usual than people think. Having played football myself (at a lower level) is quite common in a 25/26 players squad to have people who mismatch in points of view and eventually things get ugly at times.

cafecillos

It's more usual than people think. Having played football myself (at a lower level) is quite common in a 25/26 players squad to have people who mismatch in points of view and eventually things get ugly at times.
I agree, and I think it's "normal" to an extent. We're talking about a bunch of twenty-something-year-old multimillionaires who are adored by millions of people, it must be very hard to be a down-to-earth person under those circumstances, feck, I'd probably be a twat myself if I met just one of those attributes :lol:

Anyway, another factor that tends to be overlooked is the fact that many of these players must have had rather unconventional childhoods/puberties, in that they probably have had to lead restricted social lives, mostly surrounded by adults only interested in their football skills, or other children/teenagers who were actually their competition in the race to become professionals, very limited partying and natural interaction with their peers at school, too much pressure from a very early age... all these factors contributing to awkward if not downright toxic personalities. Of course, there are hundreds of elite player who come across as normal people, but still, those locker rooms must be rather weird places to say the least, hence why one of the most appreciated qualities in a top lever manager is ego management. Add to all that the fact that society in general is becoming gradually more stupid and/or superficial, and there you go

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I agree, and I think it's "normal" to an extent. We're talking about a bunch of twenty-something-year-old multimillionaires who are adored by millions of people, it must be very hard to be a down-to-earth person under those circumstances, feck, I'd probably be a twat myself if I met just one of those attributes :lol:

Anyway, another factor that tends to be overlooked is the fact that many of these players must have had rather unconventional childhoods/puberties, in that they probably have had to lead restricted social lives, mostly surrounded by adults only interested in their football skills, or other children/teenagers who were actually their competition in the race to become professionals, very limited partying and natural interaction with their peers at school, too much pressure from a very early age... all these factors contributing to awkward if not downright toxic personalities. Of course, there are hundreds of elite player who come across as normal people, but still, those locker rooms must be rather weird places to say the least, hence why one of the most appreciated qualities in a top lever manager is ego management. Add to all that the fact that society in general is becoming gradually more stupid and/or superficial, and there you go
You generally have to have a somewhat "feck them" attitude to make it at the top level. It is not only about abilities but also about nerves. Many people I know even have problems speaking in front of 5-10 people and flounder continously. Even such an easy and natural thing as talking suddenly becomes hard. Now imagine them playing football in front of 50,000 people. They probably wouldn't even be able to run without falling to the ground because of the pressure, even if they were good footballers.

I believe that this is also the reason why you don't see many "real" team players but mostly egomaniacs seeking personal success in this industry. If you aren't fully convinced of yourself and willing to use your elbows, you won't cut it (unless you are insanely talented).

Totti once said that he's Rome's last gladiator. I think this description nails it, in all honesty.

Kamprad

Zlatan v Van der Vaart - Ajax
Zlatan v Mido - Ajax (scissors flew in the dressing room)
Zlatan v Fredrik Ljungberg - Sweden's national team
Zlatan v Gattuso - AC Milan
Zlatan v Jonathan Zebrina - Juventus
Zlatan v Oguchi Onyewu - AC Milan (fight on traning ground which took 10 players to seperate them.
Where did you hear Zlatan and Gattuso hated each other? The other ones seems right.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
For us I thought the big ones in my time are Cole & Sheringham, and Schmikes & Keane.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
For us I thought the big ones in my time are Cole & Sheringham, and Schmikes & Keane.
I know that there was some misunderstandings between Schmikes and Gary Nev too. But I think they did make up after their careers finished if memory serves me right.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I know that there was some misunderstandings between Schmikes and Gary Nev too. But I think they did make up after their careers finished if memory serves me right.
I think so too, just the Keane and Schmikes hug we are missing.

simplyared

Where did you hear Zlatan and Gattuso hated each other? The other ones seems right.
There was an incident in the AC Milan dressing room, after Gatttuso had been on at Zlatan all morning during a training session. Zlatan did nothing until they returned to the dressing room when Zlatan lifted the little fella, turned him upside down and dropped him in the trash bin. To everybody's amusement. Ask Zlatan what he thinks of Gattuso today and he only has good words to say about him. There were some incidents on the field when they were on opposite sides, but nothing too serious. Seems like they got on well together when both were teammates at Milan so looks like I got that wrong.