TeamViewer looking to review current deal | Snapdragon/Qualcomm will be the new sponsor

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

We agreed to a bigger deal back in 2012 with Chevrolet, they even paid us an “activation fee” for the two years before the partnership even kicked in. If anything this deal post covid shows how much the brand has diminished that after 11 years, we’re pulling in numbers lower than what we did back in 2012. Crafton is a moron, shocker.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We agreed to a bigger deal back in 2012 with Chevrolet, they even paid us an “activation fee” for the two years before the partnership even kicked in. If anything this deal post covid shows how much the brand has diminished that after 11 years, we’re pulling in numbers lower than what we did back in 2012. Crafton is a moron, shocker.
Not that I disagree with your general view but I recall the Chevrolet deal was £54m per season.

Suedesi

Not that I disagree with your general view but I recall the Chevrolet deal was £54m per season.
Not quite -

The seven-year, $599 million deal remains the biggest global partnership between an automaker and a European sports team. Its sheer size was hard to fathom, even inside the walls of General Motors. The company parted ways with Joel Ewanick, its global marketing chief who orchestrated the partnership, within weeks of the deal’s announcement. Sources said Ewanick failed to properly disclose the deal’s full cost to the automaker.

That's approx $85MM/yr (roughly GBP68MM by today's exrate) - which in 2012 was an astounding blockbuster deal

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/07/18/Closing-Shot/Closing-Shot.aspx

Steve Bruce

£60m is the same as real Madrid who are currently the largest shirt sponsorship in football. Considering their success and our lack of success over the last decade, it's unbelievable that we can match them

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They weren’t let go for the size of the deal but for how they booked it iirc.
Ah my understanding was it was because of the size of the deal -tho that always seemed odd given the number of people who would even need to sign off on something of that magnitude. Thanks for correcting me.

P.s. Chevy if you're reading this: please change that garish logo. The Caf has spoken.

sparx99

The Chevy deal was so dumb. Their brand barely exists outside of the US. How many cars would to help them sell by advertising on a PL shirt?

cj_sparky

I'm not sure we should do a link up with a sponsor, who has quite clearly nicked some of Homer Simpson's hair to finish their logo.

massi83

Not quite -

The seven-year, $599 million deal remains the biggest global partnership between an automaker and a European sports team. Its sheer size was hard to fathom, even inside the walls of General Motors. The company parted ways with Joel Ewanick, its global marketing chief who orchestrated the partnership, within weeks of the deal’s announcement. Sources said Ewanick failed to properly disclose the deal’s full cost to the automaker.

That's approx $85MM/yr (roughly GBP68MM by today's exrate) - which in 2012 was an astounding blockbuster deal

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/07/18/Closing-Shot/Closing-Shot.aspx
If you had done this correctly and used the exrate of 2012 it would have come to the £54m.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
£60m is the same as real Madrid who are currently the largest shirt sponsorship in football. Considering their success and our lack of success over the last decade, it's unbelievable that we can match them
That's why the Glazers are holding out for their crazy amounts for the sale of the club.

Imagine if we ever start winning again. That's their pitch.

Pscholes18

Can't believe people find the TeamViewer logo that bad? There's nothing to it, it's very bland, especially after Chevy.
It's not the worst looking sponsor thoough I think we can all agree, it's way too big on this years kit. Qualcomm will look okay.

tomaldinho1

People laughed at Woodward’s noodle and washing machine deals but they’re all we have keeping us afloat.

Red00012

QUALCOMM will be horrendous across the front of the jersey . The font will have to be half of what the current team viewer one is :lol:

Suedesi

If you had done this correctly and used the exrate of 2012 it would have come to the £54m.
Except we didn't receive a lump sum in 2012

13​
14​
15​
16​
17​
18​
19​
20​
21​
$18.6​
$18.6​
$70​
$71.47​
$72.94​
$74.41​
$75.88​
$77.35​
$78.82​

On 26 July 2012, consistent with our strategy to grow our global sponsorship revenue, we entered into an agreement with General Motors for Chevrolet to become our exclusive shirt sponsor, beginning in our 2014/15 season. The term of the agreement runs through the end of the 2020/21 season. Annual fees from our new shirt sponsorship agreement will be $70.0 million in the first season, and will increase by an additional 2.1% in each season thereafter through the term of the agreement. We will also receive approximately $18.6 million in fees in each of the 2012/13 season and 2013/14 season under the terms of our new shirt sponsorship agreement relating to pre-sponsorship support and exposure. Total fees payable through the end of the 2020/21 season under our new shirt sponsorship agreement is approximately $559 million

Potatoes potato - and pozzhe tovarish

samlee86

That's why the Glazers are holding out for their crazy amounts for the sale of the club.

Imagine if we ever start winning again. That's their pitch.
Yes, just ignore the shit show of the last 10 years and start using our imagination.

If thats their investment strategy then heaven help us.

criticalanalysis

Not gonna lie, seeing how well we do with these commercial deals makes me happy because it's basically the only thing we do as a club that is elite level.

Revenue FC and proud.

Plastic Evra

So far we have no choice in being forcefed a shirt sponsor, this one at least might not have the worst logo / font to bear with.

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely any new shirt sponsor is going to want clarity on the club ownership before they commit.

They'll probably not want to be saddled the Glazers longterm, or equally might want to know that they are not about to have their brand linked with Qatar.

Plastic Evra

Surely any new shirt sponsor is going to want clarity on the club ownership before they commit.

They'll probably not want to be saddled the Glazers longterm, or equally might want to know that they are not about to have their brand linked with Qatar.
Do they ? Adidas renewed the kit deal...
I don't think it has that much impact. For the foreseeable future United will still get a lot of media exposure and be a big club just through inertia.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It'll be snapdragon on the shirt not Qualcomm.

C'est Moi Cantona

Do they ? Adidas renewed the kit deal...
I don't think it has that much impact. For the foreseeable future United will still get a lot of media exposure and be a big club just through inertia.
Tbf Adidas will certainly have been given a far clearer idea of where the takeover is going than you or I, and I'd imagine it's a given that the new short sponsor will aswell.

You just don't commit to figures like this without knowing what the future plans for the club are, so hopefully it's a good sign.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
QUALCOMM will be horrendous across the front of the jersey . The font will have to be half of what the current team viewer one is :lol:
they might just use the ' Q ' logo that seems to come up a lot, or even the Snapdragon logo thats quite neat too.