Telles has Covid

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
How would it be his fault? It’s an airborne virus, he isn’t going round snogging all the other players (as far as I’m aware).

Also reading your other posts how do you know you haven't caught it and just been asymptomatic?
It is not an airborne virus. It spreads through droplets from coughing or sneezing of an infected person and hence the social distancing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's proven that getting Covid does not give you immunity
It really isn’t.

It just takes a lot longer to clear away for some people. Valentino Rossi has been positive for over a month. He’s isolated for 2 weeks and still coming up positive.

I think this is where the “caught it again” is coming from, that and tests showing false positives etc.

it’s a flu viral strain that your body builds anti bodies towards. Unless they die off quickly or it’s a different strain he shouldn’t get it again.

macheda14

It really isn’t.

It just takes a lot longer to clear away for some people. Valentino Rossi has been positive for over a month. He’s isolated for 2 weeks and still coming up positive.

I think this is where the “caught it again” is coming from, that and tests showing false positives etc.

it’s a flu viral strain that your body builds anti bodies towards. Unless they die off quickly or it’s a different strain he shouldn’t get it again.
My friend had antibodies in like June, he just took another test, no antibodies. Whether the first was a false positive or not who knows. There are a lot of reports of antibodies only lasting around a few months.

macheda14

It is not an airborne virus. It spreads through droplets from coughing or sneezing of an infected person and hence the social distancing.
That’s what an airborne virus is, one that travels in small particles through the air.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
My friend had antibodies in like June, he just took another test, no antibodies. Whether the first was a false positive or not who knows. There are a lot of reports of antibodies only lasting around a few months.
That's where T cell immunity comes in

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It really isn’t.

Dybala was like that as well wasn't he. Took ages to test negative.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think so long as he has a few negative results in a row over the next few days it's fine.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dybala was like that as well wasn't he. Took ages to test negative.
Yep! He was probably the first high profile case of it happening like that.

anyway being in contact doesn’t mean much, ronaldo had it and Bruno didn’t get positive so hopefully he will be ok.

Santos J

Can’t believe he went on international duty after being unavailable for United for the last two weeks. His quarantine just finished and he was straight on the plane. Surely he could have stayed in Manchester and trained at the club.
He was with the squad and available vs Everton.

georgipep

It really isn’t.

What? Coronavirus is not a flu viral strain.

And also https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-twice-what-reinfection-cases-mean-quicktake

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Google "is covid airborne" and check the Covid Alert on top.
Aerosol transmission is actually thought to be the primary method now, I wouldn't put all your faith in an alert from a company with no particular medical expertise.

macheda14

Google "is covid airborne" and check the Covid Alert on top.
There are now a lot of scientists who would argue that it is airborne even criticising the guidance of sites like Google for not following research more closely.

Son

Cant wait till he is back. Loved his first performance for us. Huge upgrade down the left it seemed.

Widow

It's really not. The cases of re-infection have been extremely rare.

There are many reans for the re-infection rate to be considerably smaller.

Many have anti bodies in their system for months so re-infection wouldn't occur for some time. Also, many would be far more careful of a second dose after contracting covid the first time. Society's reaction to the current measures in place is another reason.

The fact you can be re-infected remains, regardless of the likelihood

Gabagoo

We need this dude back, quick. He's the only one in the squad that can actually cross a fcking ball.

Mr PG

People who test positive after healing (assuming they’re not immunocompromised) is due to tests sensing viral dna (parts of the virus) not the live virus itself so they’re not sick.

Yes there’s been a few cases... very few where people have gotten re-infected in a few(4) mths or so.. it’s rare and we don’t know the true circumstances yet (i.e if repeatedly exposed to high viral environment).

Antibodies are supposed to decline over time leaving T celll immunity which is the real long term immunity

Mr PG

Ole is wrong for letting Telles leave so soon for international duty. After losing Shaw he has to be more selfish and insist Telles remain to work on his fitness.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ole is wrong for letting Telles leave so soon for international duty. After losing Shaw he has to be more selfish and insist Telles remain to work on his fitness.
If he actually plays for Brazil he'll get more match fitness by going to the internationals than he would if he stayed at our training ground. It's also not good for morale if you're stopping somebody going on international duties who is only just starting to break into the team. It's likely part of the reason Telles wanted to move to a bigger club is to help push himself into the team.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The statement of the Brazilian FA is very confusing and it’s unclear if they mean he tested positive a few weeks ago or again in the last few days. Apparently they will test him again.

Brophs

The One and Only

GODDAMNIT, TELLES, STOP CATCHING COVID YOU SON OF BITCH