Telles has Covid

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where does it say he tested positive?

didn’t they say he can’t go to Uruguay because he tested positive not long ago so he’ll have to pass another test?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Did test today, right now it is 19:11 in Brazil, so result we will know tomorrow. Could be he have some left overs from previous infection, my friend had it, next day he took test and he was negative. Left over is not the right term, don't know the correct english name for it. But you will know it, right?
Manchester United left-back Alex Telles tested positive for coronavirus again on Saturday, according to Globo Esporte. A separate report from UOL backs this claim up…

If Telles tests positive again later today, he will be removed from the Brazil as he would not be allowed to travel to Uruguay.
We won’t know anything definite until Telles takes another test for COVID-19, which is expected today.

croadyman

Did test today, right now it is 19:11 in Brazil, so result we will know tomorrow. Could be he have some left overs from previous infection, my friend had it, next day he took test and he was negative. Left over is not the right term, don't know the correct english name for it. But you will know it, right?
Feels an amateur mistake letting him go on international duty especially after the injury to Shaw

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Feels an amateur mistake letting him go on international duty especially after the injury to Shaw
Any person who knows anything about football and the status with Shaw would've told the player to stay put.
This is just another bad decision in a long line of decisions made since SAF retired.

croadyman

Any person who knows anything about football and the status with Shaw would've told the player to stay put.
This is just another bad decision in a long line of decisions made since SAF retired.
Yeah Ole needed to put foot down

Acole9

Outstanding
We need to sack Ole and get Southgate in, he wouldn't have allowed this to have happened.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He is recovered, his PCR probably shows the dead virus and gives a false positive. He played friday for Brazil.

Uruguay does not allow positive PCRs into the country, thats why he was cut

Web of Bissaka

:lol: So basically he's not right?
Still need to be tested again for total confirmation, but the fact that he played last game meant he's negative at least for that game.

Change the thread title to "Telles has Covid?"

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Weirdly enough, it's done a lot during this period, letting players with uncertain status (injuries or Covid) go with their international teams. I don't get it why as a lot of them don't even play, they just travel

nainaisson

We need to sack Ole and get Southgate in, he wouldn't have allowed this to have happened.
When we buy a player from a club, it doesn't mean we own him as a slave. We can't keep him locked up until the international break ends, because that would be a serious felony. Ole can beg Brazil's coach not to select him, or beg Telles not to go, but there's not much else he can do.

you do know that managers cannot stop players going on international duty? Not exactly the best way to start a relationship with a new player by asking him to fake an injury so he cannot go.

stevoc

Well i suppose this same person who knows a few things about football would also know clubs cannot stop players going on international duty under Fifa rules.

The person also might know that many if not all Brazilian players regard playing for Brazil as the pinnacle of football and wouldn't miss a chance to play for their country whatever the circumstances.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So does he have covid again or is it just unsubstantiated bulls***
The likelihood is Telles has traces of COVID19 in his system. It's normal for someone who has had it to still have some virus in their body even after their body has fought it off. This is probably what was picked up by his test. I would not worry.

Glorio

Well i suppose this same person who knows a few things about football would also know clubs cannot stop players going on international duty under Fifa rules.

The person also might know that many if not all Brazilian players regard playing for Brazil as the pinnacle of football and wouldn't miss a chance to play for their country whatever the circumstances.
I think what you're saying is a lot of people actually know very little about football but sit with their phones and spout very stupid and baseless accusatory opinions towards actual professionals in the game, falsely believing themselves to be experts.

stevoc

I think what you're saying is a lot of people actually know very little about football but sit with their phones and spout very stupid and baseless accusatory opinions towards actual professionals in the game, falsely believing themselves to be experts.
;)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
You are absolutely right.
You only have to look across the pond to see how spouting of accusations and unsubstantiated claims can get thousands of people wound up.
I don't know enough about covid and it's effects to comment on this thread about Telles, I just hope he's clear, and can be available next Saturday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So does he have covid again or is it just unsubstantiated bulls***
There's nothing I've seen that say he HAS tested positive again.

The clearest info we've got is Uruguay were refusing to let him in the country as he had recently tested positive. Unless he can give a recent negative test they won't let him in.

I assume they're waiting now for his test to show negative. Where this "he's positive again" has come from i'm not sure. lost in translation I think.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He posted on insta last night training with the team. I doubt he's positive again, he would have been sent home.

Tel074

The likelihood is Telles has traces of COVID19 in his system. It's normal for someone who has had it to still have some virus in their body even after their body has fought it off. This is probably what was picked up by his test. I would not worry.
Surely he would have been tested prior to him leaving Manchester to go back to Brazil ? I'm only guessing but I think he would have had to and it must have been negative

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Surely he would have been tested prior to him leaving Manchester to go back to Brazil ? I'm only guessing but I think he would have had to and it must have been negative
Yes. He would have tested negative as part of the routine Premier League testing regime.

Someone who tests negative can test positive depending on the sensitivity of the tests used. Its quite common. Testing negative doesn't mean you have no virus in your system. I imagine Telles' body has done a good job of fighting off the virus but there's still some left. The test may have even picked up dead virus that his body is getting rid to expel. Its nothing to be very worried about.

Bwuk

Knowing our luck him and Cavani will injure each other in a 50/50.

MS4

I have him in my fantasy team, he better be in shape and not get injured :D

Okey

Knowing our luck him and Cavani will injure each other in a 50/50.
I would actually laugh my head off. Won't be surprised one bit! I wonder if club team mates really go all in physically against each other on international duty. Especially if you actually get along well.