Ten Hag (end of the season) or Rodgers (now)

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I voted Rodgers now because we get rid of Ole quicker that way. The club don't want to bring in an interim.
Yeah this is a really tricky one. The trouble is If by hook or by crook Ole gets top 4 they won’t sack him in the summer and we’ll have another season of this crap next year.

In my opinion we just need to get Solskjaer out of the club ASAP. Rodgers right now would be a thousand % better than what we are seeing at the moment.

I’ve voted for Ten Hag as he’s my number one pick but I fear that the club won’t sack Solskjaer if we wait for the summer.

quirkey

Did I say we aren't a bigger club than either Ajax or Benfica?

But that doesn't change the fact that Ajax have been more successful than us is in Europe.
That’s a bit like saying Uruguay are a bigger footballing nation than England as they have won 2 World Cups. It’s the here and now that matters, not what happened 50/60 years ago.

Jev

I don't see any reason why Rodgers wouldn't be a bigger success than Ten Haag. He's done a good job wherever he's been, regularly exceeding expectations. He's tactically flexible and generally represents decent football and the right ideas. And has the added benefit of knowing the league and the country. I see him as the surest bet out of those two to be honest, albeit Ten Haag potentially the one with the highest ceiling.

Mailo

Anyone saying Rodgers should get a head-check. Ten Hag without a shadow of doubt.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That’s a bit like saying Uruguay are a bigger footballing nation than England as they have won 2 World Cups. It’s the here and now that matters, not what happened 50/60 years ago.
It's the here and now that matters and Ajax have achieved more than us in Europe's premier competition even in the now. Ajax only recently made a champions league semi, whilst the last time we made a semi in the Champions League was when Fergie was still managing over a decade ago.

macheda14

The ability to be real? Ajax are a club with a bigger reputation than us in European football and have won more European Cups. It's people like you who have views which don't correlate to reality and quite naively compare a club like Rangers to Ajax.
I mean this is categorically not true anymore.

Did I say we aren't a bigger club than either Ajax or Benfica?

But that doesn't change the fact that Ajax have been more successful than us is in Europe.
You said they have a bigger reputation than us in European Football.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I mean this is categorically not true anymore.

You said they have a bigger reputation than us in European Football.
They do have a bigger reputation in Europe and have even had a dominating era in Europe where they won the competition 3 times in a row something we haven't come close to replicating.

macheda14

They do have a bigger reputation in Europe and have even had a dominating era in Europe where they won the competition 3 times in a row something we haven't come close to replicating.
If you asked any European football fan which is the bigger club ie which has the bigger reputation 9/10 would say man United

USREDEVIL

If you asked "caretaker now and Tag at end of season" it'd be like 95% i reckon. But for me, i'm not all that impressed by Rodgers. I want Ten Hag going forward. We aren't going to win the League and our chances at UCL are fairly moderate because even if we get Rodgers, do you think he can make us win it? The only risk with staying with Ole or using an interim is falling out of 4th but i think we'll be fine and it's worth the risk. So ideally we'd be in the UCL next year, and with Ten Hag leading us.

Blood Mage

Yeah this is a really tricky one. The trouble is If by hook or by crook Ole gets top 4 they won’t sack him in the summer and we’ll have another season of this crap next year.

In my opinion we just need to get Solskjaer out of the club ASAP. Rodgers right now would be a thousand % better than what we are seeing at the moment.

I’ve voted for Ten Hag as he’s my number one pick but I fear that the club won’t sack Solskjaer if we wait for the summer.
Exactly, the priority is stopping the rot right now and salvaging the season. Ten Hag might not even want to come here due to the club structure.

croadyman

If you asked "caretaker now and Tag at end of season" it'd be like 95% i reckon. But for me, i'm not all that impressed by Rodgers. I want Ten Hag going forward. We aren't going to win the League and our chances at UCL are fairly moderate because even if we get Rodgers, do you think he can make us win it? The only risk with staying with Ole or using an interim is falling out of 4th but i think we'll be fine and it's worth the risk. So ideally we'd be in the UCL next year, and with Ten Hag leading us.
I have huge admiration you can stomach his smug face for another 6 months because I definitely can't that's for sure

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Based on the way he has bottled his second halves of seasons before, Rodgers would not be a very good appointment if we want to rescue our own season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If you asked any European football fan which is the bigger club ie which has the bigger reputation 9/10 would say man United
Reputation in Europe's premier competition is based on success and not opinions. It's true that there's much more in money in English football, but for a club with vast resources we've been less successful than Ajax historically and they're doing better than us even now with much less resources. But if they had our resources in combination with their approach to playing the game, then this thread wouldn't exist and they'd likely have added a few more European trophies to their list, at the very least.

croadyman

Based on the way he has bottled his second halves of the season, Rodgers would not be a very good appointment if we want to rescue our own season.
Not to make excuses for him but think injuries to his big players played a part in that

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wenger until the end of the season (because it’ll be hilarious), and then Ten Hag please.

croadyman

Wenger until the end of the season (because it’ll be hilarious), and then Ten Hag please.
Yeah couldn't care less about the banter from those gooners at least we would play some good stuff, surely there is someone out there who would be happy to take this team until the end of the season

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ten Hag now, make it happen

Talisker

Rangnick now, we then have six months to identify the right man, who knows who might become available by May?

PoTMS

If it was Ten Haag guaranteed at the end of the season, I would take him over Rodgers. But we all know the options really are Rodgers (now) or Rodgers (end of the season).

croadyman

If it was Ten Haag guaranteed at the end of the season, I would take him over Rodgers. But we all know the options really are Rodgers (now) or Rodgers (end of the season).
Have decided the only way I could find any passion or excitement for the rest of this season under Ole is IF we follow City's lead with Pep by announcing a deal with Ten Hag to join at end of the season but sadly that won't happen in a million years

daveskimufc

I voted ten hag

I’d take this. However, ole still goes NOW and we get a caretaker in

RedSG

Ten Hag all day every day. These players need to be coached in attacking and defending movement. The number of times our players just stand still in matches is ridiculous. A manager like ten hag I feel would try to coach them better. So I'd wait till next season to get him

stw2022

I don't think Ten Hag is unobtainable now. He seems to be being expectedly respectful towards his current employers. Would be unseemly if he was agitating to leave and saying anything than 'I'm happy where I am'

BlueHaze

Ten Hag. Anyone who says Rogers just says it because they want change instantly which is understandable. I don't even give a shite if we make top 4 or not if we could get Ten Hag for next season. We are an absolute embarrassment in the CL anyway. Knocked out in the group last season and without Ronaldo we would have been this year as well heck we even might be who knows.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
am I missing something? why not Ten Hag now? or is this just an arbitrary random thing
Clearly the vast majority would pick Ten Hag now or interim then Ten Hag in the summer given the choice.

These two choices seemed more balanced and with option B rumored to be our clubs most likely plan , it's interesting to find out a healthy majority would rather suffer under Ole a while longer if the light at the end of the tunnel was Ten Hag in the summer.

It's tough times buddy, we all gotta find a way to cope. I think I've made more threads/posts these past 6 months than the 15 years before that.

Wilt

Ronaldo as player/manager till end of season ….then Ten Hag.

Do not want Rodgers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A caretaker would be the best option, but the way things are going, we will lose Ronaldo in January if we don’t get Ole sacked, and then a good chunk of our squad will want to leave in the summer. I would take Rodgers now over Ole staying.
No chance of this. But the stories are already coming out about leaving in the summer if we miss champions league.

Unsurprising really as he's already the top ever scorer and wants to properly bang that record to an unbeatable level, which it might not be if he's not in it next year, and Messi being 2 years younger.

wolvored

Ten Hag is an unknown quantity for the Premier League. He could be a flop. At least we know Rodgers could be a success here, as he has proven he isnt a bad manager and with the right monetary backing he could get us over the edge.
It's an hard call, but with the shit fest now I would say get Rodgers in before next weekend..
Just thought as well if we leave it until the end of the season and we have finished 6/7th we wont be attracting any top managers.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'd take Rodgers now, Ten Hag is good, but the reason people seem to forget the main reason Ajax play the way they do is because for years they have followed the Cruffy blueprint of "Total football" I have nnot seen Ten Hag stamp his own identity on a football team yet, Rodgers for me all day all week all year, cmon guys lets fix this mess we are in and get RODGERS IN RIGHT NOW!
That's a compelling argument.
Either option would be a considerable upgrade on Ole. Ole is the worst manager in the EPL, while Rodgers is in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.