Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Looks like Nadal's season is over and Novak will have the year end no.1 ranking.

Very likely that Nishikori and Isner will play in London in the likely case that DelPo and Nadal aren't fit.

Skills

Snitch

Looks like Nadal's season is over and Novak will have the year end no.1 ranking.

Very likely that Nishikori and Isner will play in London in the likely case that DelPo and Nadal aren't fit.
Should never even have entered. With his injury and health record he should end his season with the US open.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Djokovic is pretty much guaranteed to be no.1 until Wimbledon, next year. There's a decent chance he ends his career with the most time as no.1 out of any player ever.

Brophs

The One and Only
Djokovic is so far ahead of everyone else right now that I think, fitness and motivation permitting, that he'll have made up serious ground on Nadal in terms of slams by this time next year.

saivet

Djokovic is so far ahead of everyone else right now that I think, fitness and motivation permitting, that he'll have made up serious ground on Nadal in terms of slams by this time next year.
Nadal has been injured a lot of the year, but when fit he's been performed well across the three surfaces. Injuries are a big if though.

Bojan11

Nadal needs to limit his hard court surface. He should skip IW and Miami again or play one of them. They not worth the risk before French because he’d need to be in tip top condition if Djokovic carries on. That’s a big if though because whenever I expect Djokovic to carry on after a magnificent season he tends to slow down and sometimes lose focus because it’s probably too easy.

saivet

Are the ATP finals worth getting tickets for?
Have you ever been before?

I got a discount on tickets so I'm going on two nights. I don't think the matches will be great to be honest but if you've not been to this event before or seen much tennis live I'd say go for it. You could wait until the draw is made and order of play is out before buying tickets but I'd imagine if you want to see Federer those tickets would go quickly.

Rajma

I got a discount on tickets so I'm going on two nights. I don't think the matches will be great to be honest but if you've not been to this event before or seen much tennis live I'd say go for it. You could wait until the draw is made and order of play is out before buying tickets but I'd imagine if you want to see Federer those tickets would go quickly.
I want to see Djokovic at the top of his game, might take my gf to it as well - when’s the draw you know?

saivet

I want to see Djokovic at the top of his game, might take my gf to it as well - when’s the draw you know?
I think you should wait then as assuming Nadal doesn't play then Djokovic will be in the other group to Federer. Not sure when the draw is, but probably the Friday before it starts.

Andrew~

No, I've never been. I think I'll wait for the draw, there are some free tickets being given out where I work but I don't like tennis enough to watch all the randoms! :lol:

When is the draw usually?

saivet

No, I've never been. I think I'll wait for the draw, there are some free tickets being given out where I work but I don't like tennis enough to watch all the randoms! :lol:

When is the draw usually?
Yeah go for it. Tickets for Wimbledon are hard to come by so this is as good a chance of seeing top player live in the UK.

Friday before the tournament probably.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Would need two years at #1. I don't think he'll make it.
Less than two years and he's already guaranteed to be no.1 until next July. It's more likely that he doesn't make it than otherwise but it's still a pretty good shot. Things can change very fast in tennis, we saw how it ended the last time Djokovic looked this dominant but it's just tough to see anyone stepping up to the level he's at right now.

It's entirely up to him, if he keeps this level up for 2-3 years he's going to come pretty close to matching every record he'd ever want to break.

Needs 6 slams and 87 weeks at no.1 to catch Federer, about 40 of those weeks are already pretty much guaranteed.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Fed and Novak coming up. Really don't expect Roger to win, but hoping for a good match.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Djokovic hasn't been great this week, he usually turns it up a notch vs Federer or Nadal though.

Jazz

Old man hanging in there...very good match

Giggsy92

Fed's best performance in a long time that, didn't think he had it left in him. Shame Djokovic was serving so well in the third set.

Bojan11

Hopefully Khachanova doesn’t get too nervous tomorrow and gives us a game like he did against Nadal.

Jazz

Roger did better than I thought he would. Shame about that last tiebreak. Gotta be one of his worst.

Jazz

Feck off

Wrong thread! Sorry

InfiniteBoredom

I think Fed wasn’t aggressive enough in the 3rd set but given that he was himself under a lot of pressure on his own serve it’s perhaps too much to ask.

Encouraging performance though, don’t think he’s anywhere near consistent enough to put together a good Slam run currently but if he keeps fit there’s always a chance to sneak through.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Federer served incredibly well, not being broken by Djokovic in such a long match is fantastic but he also got a bit lucky on break points - 0/12 on break points won't happen often for Djokovic, the match shouldn't have gone to a third set.

Djokovic hasn't been great this week so the final should be fairly exciting.

Jazz

Fed needs to take away the positives and use it for the ATP tour finals. Let's see what happens.

saivet

Very good first set from Khachanov. Needs to maintain his high level.

Really good match so far.

saivet

Unsurprisingly Del Potro out of London. Nishikori replaces him.

Jazz

Wow Khachanov wins! Great job by him.

Expect good things from this guy in the future...

Jazz

Straight sets as well. Unbelievable.

saivet

Draw tomorrow at 7pm

Isner and Khachanov the two alternates.

Status
Not open for further replies.