Tennis 2019

Jagga7

Brilliant from Tsitsipas. He's a really likeable player as well, could be the next tennis star!

saivet

We could potentially have Tiafoe, Tstisipas, Zverev and Coric in the QF's which I think would be great news for men's tennis.

Medvedev is young too, but I don't see him stopping Novak, though I think he will test him.

InfiniteBoredom

We could potentially have Tiafoe, Tstisipas, Zverev and Coric in the QF's which I think would be great news for men's tennis.
And the likes of Shapovalov, Medvedev and Chung as well. This crop is much better than the Dimitrov Raonic one.

Bojan11

What would be great for men’s tennis is a Novak vs Nadal 5 set thriller. Sorry “next gen” I still wanna see these guys play as much as they can against each other whilst they around.

Bojan11

And the likes of Shapovalov, Medvedev and Chung as well. This crop is much better than the Dimitrov Raonic one.
Chungs gone backwards in the past year even though he had a bit of a injury.

Shapovalov the jury is still out. He didn’t do anything vs Djokovic. Djokovic only lost the set because he stopped paying attention.

I can see Batista Agut beating Tsitipas.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Stefanos was great. Fed's forehand is so poor nowadays, it's not much better than Murray's which says it all. And his stamina really goes past the three hour match, did well just to get to the fourth set tie break.

Get the feeling Nadal is winning this, looked very comfortable so far when in previous AOs he's already had a 5 setter.

saivet

Lap of honour?
Maybe, though it might more of a points thing.

He skipped clay last year but didn't win Wimbledon so might feel he just want to give a couple of tournaments another crack and see what happens.

Brophs

The One and Only
Maybe, though it might more of a points thing.

He skipped clay last year but didn't win Wimbledon so might feel he just want to give a couple of tournaments another crack and see what happens.
Could be. It’d be quite funny from a Uniqlo point of view. They had Djokovic and didn’t know what to do with him or how to sell him. They get Federer and he sails off into the sunset a year later with a 10 year deal in his back pocket. I bet it turns out Uniqlo could have signed the Beatles, too.

Skills

Snitch
Could be. It’d be quite funny from a Uniqlo point of view. They had Djokovic and didn’t know what to do with him or how to sell him. They get Federer and he sails off into the sunset a year later with a 10 year deal in his back pocket. I bet it turns out Uniqlo could have signed the Beatles, too.
I don't think it will matter. Federer is going to be the most marketable tennis player around for a very long time, retired or not.

He's the MJ of tennis.

Skills

Snitch
This year might just be both Nadal & Djokovic's last chances to double up on the Australian Open and French Open respectively. Same for Federer at the FO.

InfiniteBoredom

Also quite funny both of last year’s finalists went out on the same day. Granted, none of them were expected to repeat the feat this year.

wr8_utd

:'(
Federer's forehand errors aren't too shocking really. He should have lost the first set TB as well but his serve bailed him out. His amazing serve still keeps him competitive but when it goes to longer rallies, he's at the age where he won't be winning many of them.

RBA will be a tough task for Tsitsipas. He's the form man in 2019 with a 9-0 record and wins vs Djoko, Cilic etc.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Zverev playing unbelievably shit tennis. If someone is purposely tanking, even that player will play better than this.

Bojan11

Pouille is only two years older than them. Not like he’s some ancient fossil. I remember people hyping him up.

Bojan11

Some of these rallies have been amazing. Both men feeling it.

Rajma

Could be an upset here, imo Djokovic needs to force the issue sooner as Medvedev is not really making too many unforced errors in the long rallies.

Bojan11

Holy shit what’s going on with PCB? He went off screaming and shouting off the court.

saivet

Nishikori came back from 2-0 down to win again. He did it in the first round, but his comeback was more due to victory. Also played 5 sets against Karlovic.

He best hope this Djokovic match lasts a while, cause he will be feeling it I'm sure.

Bojan11

This why Nishikori will never win a slam. He’s probably more talented than Ferrer but he really needs to work hard to win his matches.

saivet

This why Nishikori will never win a slam. He’s probably more talented than Ferrer but he really needs to work hard to win his matches.
On the tennis podcast someone mentioned that one of the reasons he has one of the best records when it goes into a 5th set is because he gets himself into a deciding set situation way more often than he should.