Tennis 2020

Skills

Snitch
Must be a huge confidence booster for him knowing he can trust his body to last him all the way

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Coric-Tsitsipas was epic

Huge meltdown by the greek. Coric was 2 sets down to 1 losing 5-1 in the fourth set, saved 6 match points and turned it around. Then was a break down in the 5th, broke back and saved 3 break points at the end of the 5th before winning on a tie break

Last edited:

saivet

Coric-Tsitsipas was epic

Huge meltdown by the greek. Coric was 2 sets down to 1 losing 5-1 in the fourth set, saved 6 match points and turned it around. Then was a break down in the 5th, broke back and saved 3 break points at the end of the 5th before winning on a tie break
Wow, that's got to hurt for Tsitsipas.

He's the only player I thought could stop Djokovic from making the final. If Zverev holds it together, that could make a decent semi final too.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Anyone watching? Novak in a bit if trouble.

saivet

Strange match this.

Djokovic had 3 set points which PCB saved at 5-4. Djokovic seems to hurt himself at 5-5 (didn't look too bad) and PCB broke him to serve for set at 6-5. Djokovic hit the ball backwards after he was broken which hit a lines judge, who required medical attention. Wonder what will happen...

It didn't look intentional to be fair.

Jazz

He didn't intend to hit the lines person, but at the same time it was careless.Needs to control himself.

Jazz

Going to be an interesting decision.

saivet

On the replay it was hit with some pace and high, as she was standing.

He will probably be defaulted.

Jazz

On the replay it was hit with some pace and high, as she was standing.

He will probably be defaulted.
He should have hit it into the stand.

Jazz

Unbelievable. He tends to get hot headed at times but this is just real careless of hm.

Thought this was going to be a straightforward match for Novak and then this. Can't believe it but the rules are the rules.

saivet

Djokovic defaulted for hitting the umpire with the ball. Right decision.

Recall he got away with one at Roland Garros, where he just missed the line judge.

Jazz

Didn't realise the ball hit her in the throat..

Feck sakes what a thing.

Jazz

He smashed one into board the previous game. Needed to calm down.
Yes he should have calmed down. Even if he lost the first set, what does it matter? He would more than likely win the match so why get angry? He can only blame himself.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Goat my ass, the guy’s a disgrace.

saivet

Yes he should have calmed down. Even if he lost the first set, what does it matter? He would more than likely win the match so why get angry? He can only blame himself.
Yep bizarre, going a set down to PCB is far from being a time to panic.

saivet

Well, we will now get a new men's winner. Tsitsipas will probably be kicking himself even more.

I do hope Zverev makes the final now though as I don't think PCB, Goffin, Shapo, Coric or Thompson will make it an interesting final.

Thiem or Medvedev (maybe FAA or Rublev too) vs Zverev could be a good final.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

I don't know much about tennis, but it's not even like he's gone mental and twatted it somewhere, he just seems to be knocking away the spare ball like they always/often do.

You can get kicked out of the tournament for that? :lol:

Wayne's World

What a strange year 2020 has been....

No excuses for Novak, stupid and he's had previous before doing that in the French a couple of years ago.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Seems extreme. from all the outrage I thought he kicked the ball hard or tossed it but that looked like the usual way players get rid of their spare balls sometimes. I there really no room for interpretation in these rules? It's basically black and white. So unfortunate for him.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I don't know much about tennis, but it's not even like he's gone mental and twatted it somewhere, he just seems to be knocking away the spare ball like they always/often do.

That is not "knocking it away like they always do".

Right call. The guy's a cnut.

Riz

Bit dramatic from the line judge, reminded me of this..

saivet

Seems extreme. from all the outrage I thought he kicked the ball hard or tossed it but that looked like the usual way players get rid of their spare balls sometimes. I there really no room for interpretation in these rules? It's basically black and white. So unfortunate for him.

It looks soft but players very rarely get rid of the ball like that. Usually they will just hit it softly along the ground for the ball people or drop it out their pocket. If they did this kind of disqualification would be more common.

wr8_utd

:'(
What a way to throw away the easiest Grand Slam title you'll ever win. Incredible.

Supports
Barcelona
Bit dramatic from the line judge, reminded me of this..

It hit her throat!! That could be a serious medical event by the way. i think they will take her to the hospital, and put her under observation too .
Nothing dramatic here.

Jagga7

What a way to lose, he just threw away a slam, no one would have beaten him.
He had a perfect record this year until now.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
God, I miss the good old days when athletes were done at 30. He would have been retired by now and I would not have to listen to hoards of my compatriots crying about this disqualification being a part of an anti-Serbian conspirecy.

I seriously dislike the guy and hope he never wins a slam again. Vamos Rafa.

Riz

It hit her throat!! That could be a serious medical event by the way. i think they will take her to the hospital, and put her under observation too .
Nothing dramatic here.
I’ve only seen the 1 clip but from that it doesn’t look like a hospitalising injury at all. :lol:

By the way I’m not arguing he shouldn’t have been disqualified, it was stupid and careless.

saivet

Clip from a couple of weeks ago. Any idea why this was treated differently.

Also seems Djokovic has skipped his post match press conference.