Tennis 2020

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Thiem just lost 2 times in 9 matches against Zverev and today he has no chance so far.

Not sure, what is happening.

saivet

I heard that Thiem was having an ankle problem in the SF. Could this be the reason?
I don't think so, I think that was more a problem with his shoes. I don't think he's moving badly, just not playing well at all.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thiem needs to scream at himself. Just let out the tension.

Also, a champion really has the ability to be able to adjust their tactics. Thiem needs to demonstrate this if he wants to win a grand slam.

I'm so shocked by this terrible performance and in contrast, Zverev has been steady and keeps executing his game plan.

Brophs

The One and Only
Zverev is playing out of his mind, but Thiem, as someone mentioned on Twitter, looks so underpowered.

Jazz

Zverev is playing out of his mind, but Thiem, as someone mentioned on Twitter, looks so underpowered.
His arms and legs are probably heavy with tension.

RORY65

I wonder if the achilles is bothering Thiem because he's so below par.

Enigma_87

You know who
I honestly don't think so.
aye, it's mental. His shot selection is also all over the shop. Doesn't try to mix things up either.

On the other hand Zverev looks very solid and concentrated. Exactly the opposite final that I was expecting.

Enigma_87

You know who
Zverev choked that game to close the second set. That 2nd serve at deuce was particularly bad.

SinNombre

This is a shocker.

It is one thing losing to Nadal and Djokovic in finals (and he has been getting closer), but being bashed by Sasha Zverev of all people.

I did not expect Thiem to be a mental midget.

Jazz

What a get from Thiem!

Jazz

Zverev made a mistake with a few careless shots when he was serving for the set. He better hope he doesn't regret it.

Enigma_87

You know who
Thiem must put pressure on Zverev's second serve as its breaking up. I can understand him being in the stands receiving the first but needs to step up for 2nd.

And Zverev closes it.

Jazz

Zverev deserves his two sets lead. Let's hope Thiem manages to at least win one set.

Jazz

Ah Zverev just keeps going with the good tennis. He's probably gonna win this in straight sets...

Jazz

Wow. Thiem just lost his serve AGAIN!

Jazz

This is a grand slam final and `I cannot get over how shit Thiem is. He's got no pity for us neutral fans wanting to see a good match:(

Jazz

Thiem wins a set. Good. Thought he was gonna go out in embarrassing fashion.

Fascinating to see how Zverev deals with this.

Enigma_87

You know who
Zverev imploded in the final game in the third to get Thiem back in it.

Much more competitive set, but again Thiem hasn't really raised his level much, rather than Zverev dropping his.

Brophs

The One and Only
Zverev imploded in the final game in the third to get Thiem back in it.

Much more competitive set, but again Thiem hasn't really raised his level much, rather than Zverev dropping his.
I think he has, but only because he was basically on the floor and now he's playing passable tennis, rather than actually raising his game and playing well.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think he has, but only because he was basically on the floor and now he's playing passable tennis, rather than actually raising his game and playing well.
Yeah, that's the positive spin on it. Funny thing is - even at that level and if he manages to read Zverev's serve a bit he has a chance of even getting something from this match.

Brophs

The One and Only
Thiem has the slightly manic look of a bloke who, in the space of a fortnight, has gotten a job as a stockbroker and become hopelessly addicted to cocaine and nightclubs that charge more for a bottle of beer than his parents' first house cost.

Jazz

Thiem has the slightly manic look of a bloke who, in the space of a fortnight, has gotten a job as a stockbroker and become hopelessly addicted to cocaine and nightclubs that charge more for a bottle of beer than his parents' first house cost.
:lol:

saivet

Thiem has improved but Zverev's performance levels has dropped off significantly. The momentum firmly with Thiem.

Brophs

The One and Only
This seems the right time for one or both players to go take a lengthy shit.

Jazz

Still can't pick a winner

Enigma_87

You know who
Thiem takes the set serving 40% something first serves in.

Zverev missed a lot if chances here. If Thiem wins he will pull something unheard in the Open era at the USO - coming from 0-2 down in the final.

Brophs

The One and Only
The Darkness being played at the US Open Final. Forget the pandemic, that really proves 2020 has been wild.

Jazz

Now Zverev choking