Tennis 2020

wr8_utd

:'(
Third set in a row that Diego really should have won and is now probably going to lose.

Bole Top

neither of these will trouble Rafa. Diego is basically younger Ferrer while Thiem looks very tired.

saivet

Really and truly Diego should have wrapped this up in 4 sets but here we are. I think Thiem will win it in the end as I think the pressure will get to Schwartzman

Bojan11

neither of these will trouble Rafa. Diego is basically younger Ferrer while Thiem looks very tired.
Diego has troubled Nadal at the French before and beat him at Rome last time.

Diego is a way better returner than Ferrer. He’s just not as consistent.

wr8_utd

Both of these will really trouble Rafa. Also worth remembering this is the first time Rafa has entered RG with zero momentum and a solid run of wins

Bojan11

Both of these will really trouble Rafa. Also worth remembering this is the first time Rafa has entered RG with zero momentum and a solid run of wins
Don’t forget conditions and it could be played indoors as forecast is for rain on Friday. It’s not a normal French open.

saivet

From the bits I've seen and assuming Nadal gets past Sinner without too much difficulty both of these guys will have to up their game significantly in the SF in addition to recovering physically.

They definitely both can trouble Nadal but if they are gassed and making as many sloppy errors like they have tonight, I think they would be punished.

Bojan11

Whoever did the schedule for today needs to be sacked. Everyone knew this would be a long match. It should have been last.

Bojan11

From the bits I've seen and assuming Nadal gets past Sinner without too much difficulty both of these guys will have to up their game significantly in the SF in addition to recovering physically.

They definitely both can trouble Nadal but if they are gassed and making as many sloppy errors like they have tonight, I think they would be punished.
Good thing for them is unlike other slams they get two days rest after this. Schwartzmann should be fine. Thiem has been tiring all match and last 2 sets have shown it.

saivet

Good thing for them is unlike other slams they get two days rest after this. Schwartzmann should be fine. Thiem has been tiring all match and last 2 sets have shown it.
Yeah the issue is more for Thiem but I think if Schwartzman is in a long match in the SFs too, it will begin to show.

I can't see him doing it but imagine Schwartzman winning RG beating Thiem, Nadal and Djokovic in a row.

wr8_utd

Wanted Diego to win but he's a very worrying opponent for Rafa. He was completely dominating till the rain break here 2-3 years ago, beat Rafa in straights in Rome two weeks ago and despite losing in straights, was a really tough match even in the USO QF last year.

Brophs

The One and Only
I've been a massive Sinner fan since the 2019 Next Gens, but I really can't see anything than a couple of routine matches for both Nadal and Djokovic from here.

Bojan11

Doesn’t look like it’s straight forward right now. Sinner hitting the ball well.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Tuned in when it was 6-5 for Sinner and saw him throw away his game and lose the tie-break.
Looks decent but seemed nervous at the end, also needs to go way more after Nadals backhand, playing to many rallies into his left side.

wr8_utd

Wanted a test for Rafa and we've gotten it. Sinner has been fantastic but Rafa has been pretty poor despite being 2 sets up. He's completely letting Sinner dictate play and dominate. Going to need to up his levels for Diego in the semis..

wr8_utd

Nadal in the third set was the real Rafa. Proper depth to his shots, went after the second serves and the forehand was properly firing. Needs to play more like that to beat Diego.

Bojan11

Impressive first set from PCB, Djokovic looks out of sorts.
This is PCB. He could be two sets and 5-0 in the third and I’m still convinced he’d throw it away. Just like vs Zverev.

Rajma

Djokovic clearly with the back/neck injury, he doesn’t move around at all and going for short points

Bojan11

Back on serve. This is best chance PCB will get to beat Djokovic. Djokovic isn’t there physically.

wr8_utd

Djokovic clearly with the back/neck injury, he doesn’t move around at all and going for short points
He's looked injured a hundred times in his career and he always wins. Looked injured and down and out vs Raonic last month and won eventually. No matter how out of it he looks, he's going to win these.

wr8_utd

PCB throws it away with a horror miss. That's the match. Apart from the so called injury affected set, Djokovic has been really good.

Bojan11

PCB has had chances to break in the last three sets. Hasn’t taken them. Got to 40-15 and threw it away.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
He's looked injured a hundred times in his career and he always wins. Looked injured and down and out vs Raonic last month and won eventually. No matter how out of it he looks, he's going to win these.
Yeah, German commentator was speculating the whole match what sort of injury he has and how it is affecting him. :lol: Even funnier that they had Becker as co-commentator and he went along with it, probably (rightfully) not wanting to call his mate out.

wr8_utd

Yeah, German commentator was speculating the whole match what sort of injury he has and how it is affecting him. :lol: Even funnier that they had Becker as co-commentator and he went along with it, probably (rightfully) not wanting to call his mate out.
It's been years since I've stopped falling for these injuries tbh. You just know it's never serious enough to be truly affecting him enough to make him lose. He had his MTO and was absolutely fine.

saivet

This is going to be a long one, even if it's a straight sets win for either player.

Bojan11

Both players not great with serve. Nadal should run away with it if he gets his serve sorted.

saivet

Both players not great with serve. Nadal should run away with it if he gets his serve sorted.
Yeah, unfortunately for Schwartzman he's just does/can't get any free points and Nadal is returning well, but needs to do a lot better on serve.