Tennis 2021

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Draper takes the first set. Nice moment for the kid but Nole is going to take it up a notch now. Was a bit too lackadaisical in the first.

TheLiverBird

Draper takes the first set. Nice moment for the kid but Nole is going to take it up a notch now. Was a bit too lackadaisical in the first.
indeed

19 year old British Wild card winning the first set against none other than Novak Djokovic…..for young tennis star in the making you couldn’t ask for a better start

but of course Djokovic was always going to bounce back, it’s round 1, but Jack should be very pleased with his performance today, a lot to work on and improve, but he’s shown he’s got something about him, let’s see how that goes over the coming years

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
indeed

19 year old British Wild card winning the first set against none other than Novak Djokovic…..for young tennis star in the making you couldn’t ask for a better start

but of course Djokovic was always going to bounce back, it’s round 1, but Jack should be very pleased with his performance today, a lot to work on and improve, but he’s shown he’s got something about him, let’s see how that goes over the coming years
Yup exactly. The missed overhand smash at break point made me feel a bit better about my own game but Draper should be very happy with his outing. Hopefully a contender on grass in a few years.

22 aces from Djokovic is a worrying sign for the field.

TheLiverBird

Yup exactly. The missed overhand smash at break point made me feel a bit better about my own game but Draper should be very happy with his outing. Hopefully a contender on grass in a few years.

22 aces from Djokovic is a worrying sign for the field.
That missed over hand smash in slow motion really was quite tragic for poor young Jack wasn’t it :lol:

but like you say he should take a lot of positivity away from today’s match with how he performed

and a nice £48,000 boost towards his progression which will come in handy for the 19 year old

wr8_utd

:'(
Next generation on fire yet again on grass. Tsitsipas on the verge of a first round exit. Will be fairly surprised if any of them make the second week.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
To be honest I think most would have been in trouble against Tiafoe today. Only 13 unforced errors.

Zen

Just reverting to what Tennis was pre-big 4.... Thiem was the same a few years back.

But it was mega common pre-Nadal. Not sure Muster even won a game at Wimbledon.

saivet

He’s the French open runner up

yes
Not sure it is much of a surprise. He lost in R1 at the last Wimbledon too. I'm sure he'll get there in time but he's not good on grass. Tough first round with no warm up matches was always going to be tough for him after a tough clay court swing.

Dan_F

Oh dear. And there was me thinking I’d only miss the first five minutes of the France game.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Good to have this again. A nervy night watching a Brit hopeful at Wimbledon.

Balljy

Fantastic to see Murray get a win on centre court. He deserves that after his career. He looked out on his feet from the fourth set.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Fantastic to see Murray get a win on centre court. He deserves that after his career. He looked out on his feet from the fourth set.
Absolutely love it! I’m a huge fan. Dunno how many more times we will see him win on centre court, so proud of him and his career he has had.

GueRed

Old bird still going strong. I see she is comfortably through to the next round :)

Venus is one of my favourite women's tennis players of all time.

Up there with Serena and Steffi Graff for me.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
De minaur out, zverev looking good. Hope the Barty match finishes quickly so can watch some Federer.

Moby

Dick
Can they feck off with the interviews and get the next match on.

Why they hell do they have to delay due to rain on Center court anyway.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Fed saved three break points in the first game. Growing into it now though the serve looks a bit iffy. Up 4-3 in the first set.